Топ-100 ★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 12

★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 12




                                               

Piazza del Duomo, Altamura

Piazza del Duomo is the main square of the city of Altamura, Italy. It is located in the center of the historic city center, as well as in the middle of the main street of the city, that is corso Federico II di Svevia. Moreover, Altamura Cathedra ...

                                               

San Giovanni Profiamma

San Giovanni Profiamma is a civil parish in the municipality of Foligno in the province of Perugia, which is also an active bishopric, and is the historical site of the former Roman town and bishopric of Foro Flaminii, which remains a Latin Catho ...

                                               

Po Delta Interregional Park

The Po Delta Interregional Park is a proposed agency for a joint administration of the two Po Delta Regional Parks now separately administered by Veneto and Emilia-Romagna regions. The new agency will operate in concert with the Italian Ministry ...

                                               

Blue and John Crow Mountains National Park

Blue and John Crow Mountains National Park is a national park in Jamaica. The park covers 495.2 km 2 and accounts for 4.5% of Jamaicas land surface. The Park is world-famous for its biodiversity. This Park is the last of two known habitats of the ...

                                               

Roaring River Park

Roaring River Park is a heritage and nature park near Petersfield, Westmoreland Parish, Jamaica. Park on the site of the roaring river property, which belonged to the Beckford family: Peter Beckford, William Beckford. The roaring river runs under ...

                                               

Accompong

Accompong is a historical Maroon village located in the hills of St. Elizabeth Parish on the island of Jamaica. It is located in Cockpit Country, where Jamaican Maroons and indigenous Taino established a fortified stronghold in the hilly terrain ...

                                               

Barking Lodge

Barking Lodge was once a small sugar estate spanning 350 acres 1.4 km 2 and worked by 150 slaves at the time of emancipation when the property belonged to Philip Forsyth and the heirs of Robert Lindsay, having been owned in 1811 by the heirs of A ...

                                               

Bath, Jamaica

Bath is a settlement on the south-east coast of Jamaica. It is named after the British city of the same name. Bath Fountain and Bath Botanical Gardens are located in the town of Bath.

                                               

Black River, Jamaica

Black River is the capital of St. Elizabeth Parish, in southwestern Jamaica. It developed as a port around the mouth of the river of the same name. Today the city is a centre of environmental tourism and a gateway to the Treasure Beach resort are ...

                                               

Bog Walk

Bog Walk is a town in the parish of Saint Catherine, Jamaica. In 1898 work started on hydroelectric power plant on river Rio Cobre near the swamp on foot. The plant of 1.500 H. P. has been completed next year and used to scuttle the capacity of t ...

                                               

Bull Bay

Bull Bay is an area located on the southeast coast of Jamaica, 10 miles to the east of Kingston on the border between St Andrew and St Thomas, beside Cow Bay. According to folklore, both bays were so named because cattle once roamed the whole are ...

                                               

Cambridge, Jamaica

Cambridge is a town in Jamaica. It is the main township of the parish of St James, nestled in mountains, fifteen miles south east of the City of Montego Bay and its hub is historic Wilmot Max Ramsay Square. Cambridge is located in the County of C ...

                                               

Christiana, Jamaica

Christiana is a settlement in Jamaica. The town was originally called Barracks as it was first established as a British military outpost. During the British colonial era it was a popular destination for British citizens because of its cool climat ...

                                               

Claverty Cottage

Claverty Cottage is a small settlement located about 5 miles/8 km from Blue Mountain Peak in the parish of Portland, Jamaica. The population of this settlement is approximately 600 inhabitants. The district is known for its production of one of t ...

                                               

Darliston

Darliston is a settlement in Jamaica. Darliston is a town in Westmoreland parish in Western Jamaica. It is located 16 km 9.9 mi East-northeast of Savanna-La-Mar. In 1991 the population was to evaluate 1.435 2007 1595. Principal economic activitie ...

                                               

Discovery Bay, Jamaica

Discovery Bay is a town in Saint Ann Parish on the northern coast of Jamaica. The city is also known locally as Dry Harbour, and gives its name to the Dry Harbour Mountains in St. Ann. There is a dispute as to whether Christopher Columbus first l ...

                                               

Duckenfield, Jamaica

Duckenfield, Jamaica is a village in St Thomas, in south-east Jamaica. It is named after the sugar plantation on which it is located. It is a very poor community, but it has grown substantially in recent years. There were plans to build an intern ...

                                               

Ewarton

The name is most likely a compound of the surname "Ewart" and the suffix -ton, meaning town. In the towns economy prospered particularly from 1957 when Alcan established a bauxite plant nearby. The plant was later moved to restore production and ...

                                               

Frankfield

Frankfield is a town in the parish of Clarendon in central Jamaica. It is located near the top of Jamaicas central ridge of mountains overlooking the south coast. The Rio Minho river runs through the town in a shallow gorge.

                                               

Granville, Jamaica

Granville is named after Granville Sharpe in 1845. Sligoville was said to be the first free village’ to be established, and this was done by Rev. James Mursell Phillippo. William Knibb bought 90 acres here to create somewhere that ex-slaves could ...

                                               

Green Island, Jamaica

Green Island is a small town in northwestern Jamaica, located on the west coast between Negril and Lucea in the parish of Hanover. It is located close to Orange Bay.

                                               

Haddersfield, Jamaica

Haddersfield, also known as Huddersfield, is a small town located in the St. Mary parish of Jamaica. It is located at 18°24 N, 77°1 W, close to the small town of Retreat and the mouth of the Rio Nuevo, some 10 kilometres east of Ocho Rios. It lie ...

                                               

Hagley Gap

Hagley Gap is a settlement in Saint Thomas parish in southeastern Jamaica. This small rural community is located 10 miles from Kingston near the top of the Blue Mountains in Jamaica. It is known as a farming village with its primary source of rev ...

                                               

Hopewell, Hanover

Hopewell is a settlement and fishing village in Hanover Parish, Jamaica, located 15 kilometres west of Montego Bay. It is the location of Round Hill Hotel and Villas, a historic beachfront resort. A small fleet of fishing boats operates from the ...

                                               

Linstead

Linstead is a town in the parish of St. Catherine, Jamaica in the West Indies. In 1991 its population was 14.144. It is located 12 mi/19 km NNW of Spanish Town.

                                               

Little London, Jamaica

Little London is a community in Westmoreland Parish, Jamaica. It sits midway between the town of Negril to the north and the Parish Capital Savanna-la-Mar to the south. Little London is a big community, and there are many other small districts, i ...

                                               

Lucea, Jamaica

Hanover, Jamaicas second smallest parish was founded on 12 November 1723 with Lucea as the capital and main city. From the middle of the 18th century, the farmers of Hanover provided the rest of Jamaica with most of its produce but mainly exporte ...

                                               

Manchioneal, Jamaica

Manchioneal is a settlement in Jamaica. It has a population of 2.292 as of 2009. It is located towards the eastern end in Portland Parish. The town got its name from the Manchioneel tree, a plant located exclusively along the coastline in the com ...

                                               

Maroon Town, Jamaica

Maroon Town is a settlement in Jamaica. It has a population of 3122 as of 2009. It is nestled in the conical Cockpit Country that spans parts of the parishes of St. James, St. Elizabeth and Trelawny. Located in St James, the community sits approx ...

                                               

Mavis Bank

Mavis Bank is a rural coffee farming community approximately 10 miles north east of Kingston, Jamaica in east rural St. Andrew in the Blue Mountains, close to the border of Saint Thomas. The city takes its name from a surrounding coffee named for ...

                                               

May Pen

May Pen is the capital and largest town in the parish of Clarendon in Middlesex County, Jamaica. It is located on the Rio Minho river, and is a major market centre for the Parish. The population was 61.548 at the 2011 census increasing from 59.55 ...

                                               

Me-no-Sen-You-no-Come

Me-no-Sen-You-no-Come is a village in the Cockpit Country of western Jamaica. Located 430 meters above sea level, it was founded by fugitive slaves escaping from the manor in the County of Trelawny in the early nineteenth century.

                                               

Moneague

Moneague is a small town in Saint Ann, Jamaica on the main road between Kingston and Ocho Rios. In colonial times the town prospered as a holiday destination for the rich English on their journey. Shipping is Moneague Jamaica defence Force moneag ...

                                               

Moore Town, Jamaica

Moore Town is a Maroon settlement located in the Blue Mountains and John Crow Mountains of Portland, Jamaica, accessible by road from Port Antonio. The easternmost Maroon town, Moore Town is located in the eastern end of the parish. Formerly know ...

                                               

Morant Bay

Morant Bay is a town in southeastern Jamaica and the capital of the parish of St. Thomas, located about 25 miles east of Kingston, the capital. The parish has a population of 94.410. In the nineteenth century, the parish the area of sugar cane pl ...

                                               

Nanny Town

Old Nanny Town was a village in the Blue Mountains of Portland Parish, north-eastern Jamaica, used as a stronghold of Jamaican Maroons. They were led in the early 18th century by an Ashanti escaped slave known as Granny Nanny, or Queen Nanny. The ...

                                               

Newcastle, Jamaica

Newcastle is a settlement in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica. Formerly a military hill station for the British Army it is now a training centre for the Jamaica Defence Force. Newcastle became a military centre in the 1840s when major General sir Wi ...

                                               

Old Harbour Bay, Jamaica

Old Harbour Bay is a settlement in Jamaica. It has a population of 8.537 as of 2009. Under the Spanish Jamaica, the Old port was known as Esquivel. Old harbour Bay is located in Saint Catherine, Jamaica and includes many smaller units, such as: h ...

                                               

Palmers Cross

Palmers Cross is a district in south-central Jamaica, located to the east of May Pen in the parish of Clarendon. The approximate population of Palmers Cross is 26.262. Palmers-Cross-house from the container project, a non-profit UNESCO project co ...

                                               

Petersfield, Jamaica

Petersfield is a small town in Westmoreland Parish, Jamaica. It shares its name with five other places in Jamaica. The city was founded in the 18th century and named after Peter Beckford, a slave owner who settled the roaring river estate. Peters ...

                                               

Port Antonio

Port Antonio is the capital of the parish of Portland on the northeastern coast of Jamaica, about 60 miles from Kingston. It had a population of 12.285 in 1982 and 13.246 in 1991. It is the islands third largest port, famous as a shipping point f ...

                                               

Port Maria

Port Maria is the capital town of the Jamaican parish of Saint Mary. Originally named "Puerto Santa Maria", it was the second city founded by Spanish settlers in Jamaica. Ruins of Fort Haldane was built in 1759 views of the city. It has a populat ...

                                               

Portmore, Jamaica

Portmore, also known as the "Sunshine City", is situated on the south coast in the Parish of St. Catherine. It is approximately 15 miles south-west of the capital of Kingston. It is divided into two regions, the plains to the north and the limest ...

                                               

Porus, Jamaica

Porous is a village in Manchester, Jamaica that overlooks a plain to the south, with hills behind it to the north. A tributary of the Rio Minho runs parallel to the main road, helping to keep the atmosphere cool.

                                               

Rio Bueno, Jamaica

Rio Bueno is a settlement in Jamaica. It has a population of 1.096 as of 2009. Rio Bueno, a small seaside village on the border between the parishes of St. Anne and Trelawney, and owes its importance, history and livelihood in the Harbor of Rio B ...

                                               

Roxborough, Manchester

Roxborough is a former estate and now a small community south of Mandeville in Manchester, Jamaica. It was the birthplace of Jamaican National Hero and politician Norman Washington Manley.

                                               

San Portland, Jamaica

San is that bit of coast and mountain about 5 kilometers east of Port Antonio, Jamaica. San encompasses about 2.000 acres 809 ha, from Drapers east to Blue Hole. The modern history of this part of Portland began when Captain Lorenzo Dow Baker, "t ...

                                               

Sandy Bay, Jamaica

Sandy Bay, Jamaica is a seaside town in western Jamaica. There are several churches such as the Seventh-day Adventist Church, the Baptist Church, the Methodist Church, and the Church of God. Sandy Bay was also home to a jockey international facto ...

                                               

Savanna-la-Mar

Savanna-la-Mar is the chief town and capital of Westmoreland Parish, Jamaica. A coastal town, it contains an 18th-century fort constructed for colonial defence against pirates in the Caribbean.

                                               

Sherwood Content

Sherwood Content is a small town in Trelawny Parish, Jamaica. It consists of two adjoining villages, Sherwood and Content. It is the home town of world record sprinter Usain Bolt. It contains the Sherwood Content Health Centre, a post office, Wal ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation