Топ-100 ★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 392

★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 392


                                               

Hilton Head Island-Bluffton-Beaufort metropolitan area

Hilton head island-Moscow-Beaufort Metropolitan statistical area, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of two counties in the southern region of South Carolina, in the heart of Hilton head island. According ...

                                               

Okatie, South Carolina

Okatie is an unincorporated suburb to the West of Hilton head island, located in Beaufort and Jasper County, in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. Okatie takes its name from the nearby Okatee river, at the mouth of Port Royal sound. The headquarte ...

                                               

Parris Island, South Carolina

Parris island is former census designated place in Beaufort County, South Carolina, USA, and formerly also spelled Parris island. The population was 4.841 in the 2000 census. As defined by the census Bureau of the U.S. population, Parris island i ...

                                               

Charleston, South Carolina metropolitan area

The Charleston Metropolitan area is a zone centered in Charleston, South Carolina. The office of management and budget of the United States defines the area as the Charleston–North Charleston, statistical center of metro, a Metropolitan statistic ...

                                               

Ashley River Historic District

Ashley river historic district is a historic district located in the South Carolina lowcountry near Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America. The historic district includes the land from the five municipalities, almost evenly divided ...

                                               

Grand Strand

Grand strand arc of beach land on the shore of the Atlantic ocean in South Carolina, United States of America, stretching more than 60 miles from little river to Winyah Bay. The term Grand strand dates back to 19 November 1949 Myrtle beach Sun co ...

                                               

High Hills of Santee

The high hills of Santee, sometimes known as the high hills of the Santee, is a long, narrow hilly region in the Western part of the County of Sumter, South Carolina. He was named "one of the most famous areas". The high hills of Santee region li ...

                                               

Ellicotts Rock

Ellicott rock is a survey marker placed in 1811, Andrew Ellicott as part of his research for the solution of the border dispute between the States of Georgia and North Carolina. The border dispute involved a brief armed conflict between the two c ...

                                               

Singletons Graveyard

Cemetery singletons is a historic plantation cemetery located off SC 261 in the high hills of the Santee, 6 km South of Wedgefield, South Carolina. On may 13, 1976, he was added to the national register of historic places.

                                               

Aberdeen, South Dakota micropolitan area

Aberdeen area statistical search Results, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of two counties in South Dakota, anchored by the city of Aberdeen. As of the 2010 census, ΜSA had a population of 40.602.

                                               

Vanderbilt Archeological Site

Vanderbilt archaeological site is an archaeological site located on lake Oahu in Campbell County, South Dakota, near Pollock, South Dakota. The site contains the remains of a native American village of the plain, which has been tentatively dated ...

                                               

Spokane, South Dakota

Spokane was originally intended to be a gold mining town, but Spokane mine also produced silver, lead, beryl, copper, mica, hematite, graphite and zinc. Cities and mines was founded in 1890. 1927 was one of the cities best years, when the citys p ...

                                               

Molstad Village

Molstad village, designated the Smithsonian trinomial 39DW234, is an archaeological site in Dewey County, South Dakota, United States, near the city to mobridge. It was declared a national historic landmark in 1964. The site contains the remains ...

                                               

Bloom Site

On the website bloom, designated the Smithsonian trinomial 39HS1, is an archaeological site in the County of Hanson, South Dakota. It was declared a national historic landmark in 1964. The site is located in the basin of the James river. It conta ...

                                               

Cave Hills National Forest

Cave hills national forest was established as the Cave hills Forest reserve in South Dakota by the General Land office March 5, 1904, 23.360 acres. After the transfer of Federal forests to the U.S. Forest service in 1905, he became a national for ...

                                               

Short Pine National Forest

Short pine national forest was established as the short pine Forest reserve in South Dakota on July 22, 1905, 19.040 acres. He became a national forest on 4 March 1907. On July 1, 1908, he was absorbed su National forest and the name was disconti ...

                                               

Arzberger Site

On the website Arzberger, designated by archaeologists from the Smithsonian trinomial 39HU6, is the largest archaeological site in Hughes County near Pierre, South Dakota. It was declared a national historic landmark in 1964. It is a large fortif ...

                                               

Pierre, South Dakota micropolitan area

Pierre statistical area search Results, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of two counties in South Dakota, anchored by the state capital, Pierre. As of the 2000 census, ΜSA had a population 19.253.

                                               

Brownsville, South Dakota

Brownsville, also known as avalon, a simple place, and the place of the Andersons, an unincorporated community in Lawrence County, South Dakota. The town was originally a lumber camp, and he was named for contractor David brown. It is the nearest ...

                                               

Carbonate, South Dakota

Carbonate, also known as the carbonate camp, West Virginia and carbonate of the city, a Ghost town located in Lawrence County, South Dakota, United States of America.

                                               

Greenwood, Lawrence County, South Dakota

Greenwood, also known as Laughlin, a Ghost town in Lawrence County, South Dakota, United States of America. According to the Book" deadwood saints and sinners” Jerry L. Bryant and Barbara fivery, Robert Flormann died of pneumonia in Nome, Alaska, ...

                                               

Maitland, South Dakota

Maitland, originally called garden City, and sometimes with errors, the Midland, a Ghost town in Lawrence County, South Dakota, United States of America. It was a mining community that boomed during the black hills gold rush, but was abandoned ab ...

                                               

Novak, South Dakota

Novak was founded near Greenwood, South Dakota, as the latter began to decline in the early 1900s. Investors in a safe investment mine and mill settled in Novak. Safe investments have grown to have a bad reputation, as investors realized that the ...

                                               

Sioux Falls, South Dakota metropolitan area

In the Sioux falls Metropolitan statistical area, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of four counties in South Dakota, anchored by the city of Sioux falls. The metro area is called locally as the Sioux Emp ...

                                               

Langdeau Site

On the website Langdeau, designated the Smithsonian trinomial 39LM209, is an archaeological site in Lyman County, South Dakota near the lower Brule. It was declared a national historic landmark in 1964. The site was one of the first to provide ev ...

                                               

Rapid City, South Dakota metropolitan area

In rapid city, Metropolitan statistical area, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of Meade and Pennington County in South Dakota, anchored in rapid city. According to the 2010 census, the MSA had a populati ...

                                               

Wounded Knee Battlefield

Wounded knee battlefield, known also as wounded knee, was the site of the massacre at wounded knee in 1890 in South Dakota, USA. As "wounded knee" in the 870 area of 350 hectares was declared a U.S. National historic landmark in 1965. Along with ...

                                               

Rimrock Area, South Dakota

Communications in the Suburban area of rapid city, South Dakota located along South Dakota highway 44 and rapid Creek in the Eastern Black hills, between rapid city and us-385. The area consists of a number of rural settlements, subdivisions of v ...

                                               

Sheridan, South Dakota

Sheridan, originally called Golden city, was one of the first mining camp in the County of Pennington, South Dakota, United States of America. It was the first Pennington County from 1877 to 1878. Now located in Sheridan lake.

                                               

Teddy Bear, South Dakota

                                               

Emmet, South Dakota

Community Emmett began in 1871. The area was inhabited by Irish-German colony, originating from Galena, Illinois. The community was once a store, Emmett hall, and St. Josephs Catholic Church. Eventually, the railroads passed through larger towns, ...

                                               

Elza, Tennessee

Elza was a community in Anderson County, Tennessee, which existed until 1942, when the territory was acquired for the Manhattan Project. Its site is now part of the city of oak ridge, Tennessee.

                                               

Freel Farm Mound Site

The site of the farm mound to feel-is an archaeological site and mound Forest cultural period located on the reservation oak ridge, Tennessee. The site was excavated in 1934 survey of the Norris basin authority the Tennessee valley, using labor f ...

                                               

Freels Farm Mounds

The site of the farm mound to feel-is an archaeological site and mound Forest cultural period located on the reservation oak ridge, Tennessee. The site was excavated in 1934 survey of the Norris basin authority the Tennessee valley, using labor f ...

                                               

Burlington Heights, Cleveland

The community is predominantly residential, in several industries. Burlington heights is located in the North Cleveland between interstate 75 to the West, Paul Huff Parkway to the North, and U.S. route 11 bypass kit-Street to the East. Highway 60 ...

                                               

Centenary Avenue Historic District

Century Avenue is one of the oldest historic districts in Cleveland, Tennessee. It is bordered by the eighteenth, marble, Thirteenth and Ocoee street, located near Ocoee street historic district, and is considered one of the widest streets in Cle ...

                                               

Cleveland Commercial Historic District

Cleveland commercial historic district is a historic district located in the Central business district of Cleveland, Tennessee. He was listed on the national register of historic places in 2017.

                                               

Cleveland metropolitan area, Tennessee

Cleveland, tn Metropolitan statistical area, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of two counties in Southeast Tennessee – Bradley and Polk – anchored by the city of Cleveland. According to the 2010 census, ...

                                               

Ocoee Street Historic District

In Ocoee street historic district is a historic neighborhood and district located in downtown Cleveland, Tennessee along highway 11, which was listed on the National register of historic places on 13 December 1995. It is located near century Aven ...

                                               

Hopewell, Cannon County, Tennessee

Hopewell was a former unincorporated community in cannon County, Tennessee, United States of America. He was lying at the altitude of 784 feet. Hopewell Baptist Church, which held services since 1833, is still standing. However, the area that was ...

                                               

Happy Valley, Carter County, Tennessee

Happy valley is a district in the city of Elizabethton and adjacent unincorporated Carter County, Tennessee, on the West side of Elizabethton. Happy valley has a historical Association with the Taylor family property, based on Sabine hill. Happy ...

                                               

Johnson City metropolitan area, Tennessee

The Johnson city statistical Metropolitan area, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of three counties in Eastern Tennessee, anchored by the Johnson city. As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 1 ...

                                               

Jackson metropolitan area, Tennessee

Jackson, Tennessee Metropolitan statistical area, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of two counties - Madison and Chester in Western Tennessee, anchored by the city of Jackson. According to the 2010 censu ...

                                               

Tullahoma-Manchester micropolitan area

In Tullahoma-Manchester, search Results statistical area, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of three counties in Central Tennessee, anchored by the city of Tullahoma and Manchester. According to census 20 ...

                                               

Liberty Historic District (Liberty, Tennessee)

Liberty historic district is a historic district in liberty, Tennessee, USA. 76 properties covering troops in the area of 85 hectares, it was included in the national register of historic places in 1987. Buildings in the historic district include ...

                                               

Awalt, Tennessee

Awalt was probably named for John Awalt, an early settler. A post office was established in Awalt in 1845, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1906. In the 1870-ies Awalt contains a sawmill and a mill. The village Awalt was alm ...

                                               

Morristown metropolitan area, Tennessee

In Morristown, Tennessee Metropolitan statistical area, as defined by the census Bureau of the United States, is an area consisting of three counties - Grainger, Hamblen, and Jefferson - in Eastern Tennessee, anchored by the city of Morristown. A ...

                                               

Davis Bridge Battlefield

                                               

Diamond Island (Tennessee)

Diamond island is a river island on the Tennessee river in Hardin County, Tennessee. Diamond island was so named because of its diamond shape. Diamond island was purchased jointly by William albert Warren and his brother, Joshua Warren in 1851 Ha ...

                                               

Swallow Bluff Island

Swallow bluff island is a river island on the Tennessee river in the U.S. state of Tennessee. The island is 69 acres in size. The island was named after the swallows that have gathered there. Swallow bluff island contains ancient swallow bluff is ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation