Топ-100 ★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 6

★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 6




                                               

Central Region (Ghana)

The Central Region is one of the sixteen administrative regions of Ghana. It is bordered by Ashanti and Eastern regions to the north, Western region to the west, Greater Accra region to the east, and to the south by the Gulf of Guinea. The Centra ...

                                               

Eastern Region (Ghana)

The Eastern Region is located in south Ghana and is one of the sixteen administrative regions of Ghana. Eastern region is bordered to the east by the Lake Volta, to the north by Bono East Region and Ashanti region, to the west by Ashanti region, ...

                                               

Greater Accra Region

The Greater Accra Region has the smallest area of Ghanas 16 administrative regions, occupying a total land surface of 3.245 square kilometres. This is 1.4 per cent of the total land area of Ghana. It is the second most populated region, after the ...

                                               

North East Region, Ghana

The North East Region is one of the sixteen regions of Ghana. It is located in the north of the country and was created in December 2018 after a referendum was voted upon to break it off of the Northern region. The regions capital is Nalerigu.

                                               

North Western Region

The Savannah Region is a newly proposed region to be created in Ghana. The region will have administrative and governmental legislature like any of the ten already existing regions in Ghana. The region will be carved out of the northern part of t ...

                                               

Northern Region (Ghana)

The Northern Region is one of the sixteen regions of Ghana. It is located in the north of the country and was the largest of the sixteen regions, covering an area of 70.384 square kilometres or 31 percent of Ghanas area until December 2018 when t ...

                                               

Savannah Region

The Savannah Region is one of the newest regions of Ghana and yet the largest region in the country. The creation of the Region follows presentation of a petition by the Gonja Traditional Council, led by the Yagbonwura Tumtumba Boresa Jakpa I. Up ...

                                               

Upper East Region

The Upper East Region is located in north Ghana and is the second smallest of 10 now 16 administrative regions in Ghana, occupying a total land surface of 8.842 square kilometers or 2.7 per cent of the total land area of Ghana. The Upper East reg ...

                                               

Volta Region

Volta Region, is one of Ghanas sixteen administrative regions, with Ho designated as its capital. It is located west of Republic of Togo and to the east of Lake Volta. Divided into 25 administrative districts, the region is multi-ethnic and multi ...

                                               

Western Region (Ghana)

The Western Region is located in south Ghana, spreads from the Ivory Coast border in the west to the Central region in the east, includes the capital and large twin city of Sekondi-Takoradi on the coast, coastal Axim, and a hilly inland area incl ...

                                               

Richtis Gorge

Richtis Gorge is a gorge in Crete, Greece. It is a state protected park near Exo Mouliana, Sitia, eastern Crete that starts at the traditional village Exo Mouliana, which is located on the national road between Agios Nikolaos and Sitia and ends a ...

                                               

List of Turkish exonyms in Greece

This is the list of Turkish exonyms for the places in Greece. Atalanti Talanta, Talanda. Agios Dimitrios Ibrahimi. Agrinio Vrachori Imrahor, Virahor. Aetolia-Acarnania Karlıeli, Karlı Ili, Karlıili, Karlı Eli, Etolo-Akarnanya. Amvrakia Emerke. Ch ...

                                               

Agioi Theodoroi (islands)

Agioi Theodoroi are two uninhabited islets off the coast of western Crete. One is named Agios Theodoros, also called Thodorou, and the islet a few metres further north is called Mikros Agios Theodoros. Administratively, they are part of the munic ...

                                               

Bafi Refuge

The Bafi Refuge belongs to the Greek Mountaineering Club, E.O.S. Athens founded in 1928 in the Mount Parnitha National Park, at an altitude of 1160m, roughly 2.5 km from Mont Parness, inside the national park. Ιn April 1937 the refuges foundation ...

                                               

Mount Ainos

Mount Aenos or Ainos is the tallest mountain in the Ioanian island of Cephallonia, Greece, with an elevation of 1.628 metres. Its bedrock is dominantly Cretaceous-era dolomite and limestone. A large part of the mountain range is designated as nat ...

                                               

Mount Oeta

Mount Oeta is a mountain in Central Greece. A southeastern offshoot of the Pindus range, it is 2.152 m high. Since 1966, the core area of the mountain is a national park, and much of the rest has been declared a protected area under Natura 2000.

                                               

Parnitha

Mount Parnitha is a densely forested mountain range north of Athens, the highest on the peninsula of Attica, with an elevation of 1.413 m, and a summit known as Karavola. Much of the mountain is designated a national park, and is a protected habi ...

                                               

Pedion tou Areos

The Pedion tou Areos or Pedion Areos is one of the largest public parks in Athens, Greece. It is also the name of a large district.

                                               

Dionysades

The Dionysades is a small group of islands off Sitia on the northeast coast of Crete. The group includes the islands Gianysada, Dragonada, Paximada, and Paximadaki. Administratively this group comes within the Sitia municipality in Lasithi. This ...

                                               

Gouyave

One of the towns annual celebrations is Fishermans Birthday. On June 29, fishermen come from all over Grenada for competitive boat racing, entertainment, fish foods, and many other activities. Also, every Friday the town celebrates "Fish Friday," ...

                                               

Grenville, Grenada

Grenville is the second largest town in Grenada, after St. Georges, and it is the capital of the largest parish, Saint Andrew Parish. Grenville is located on Grenville Bay, about halfway up the east coast of the Caribbean island of Grenada and is ...

                                               

Hillsborough, Carriacou

Hillsborough is the largest town on the island of Carriacou, Grenada. The town serves primarily as a retail and administrative centre of both Carriacou and Petite Martinique. It has a population of approximately 1.000 people.

                                               

Marquis, Grenada

Marquis is a town in the French territory of Marquis on the island Grenada. It is located on the islands east coast, to the south of Grenville, Grenada on the road to Pomme Rose and St. Davids.

                                               

Saint David Parish, Grenada

Saint Davids Parish is the fourth largest of the parishes of Grenada in the islands southeast. The parishs main town is St. Davids, located between La Tante and Westerhall. Because St Davids is so small, the parish is sometimes referred to as "Th ...

                                               

Sauteurs

Sauteurs is a fishing town in the Saint Patrick Parish, Grenada and is the fourth largest city on the island of Grenada, with a population of about 1.300. It is located in the far north of Grenada. Sauteurs is overlooking over the Sauteurs Bay. I ...

                                               

Frigate Island, Grenada

Frigate Island is a small islet between Grenada and Carriacou. Just 0.745 0.463 miles km North-East of the Big island” and 0.792 miles 1.275 km South-West of the ”salt island”, and 1.596 miles 2.568 km from Grenada to the neighbouring island of C ...

                                               

Glover Island, Grenada

Glover Island is a small islet off the southern peninsula of Grenada. Glover island, seen from hardy Bay, true Blue Bay and the famous St. George. He lies 1.163 0.723 miles km from the South coast from the International airport Maurice Bishop wit ...

                                               

Grand Etang Lake

Grand Etang Lake is a crater lake in an extinct volcano. It is located on the island of Grenada, in Saint Andrew Parish. Evidence suggests that the Grand Etang Lake is connected to Kick em Jenny, an active submarine volcano to the north. This is ...

                                               

Pearls Airport

Pearls Airport was an airport in Grenada, located at the North Eastern Corner of the island, 19 miles north-east of the main town and capital St. Georges with a runway set at a direction 082 degrees/262 degrees and 5.200 feet long. It was the fir ...

                                               

Saint Andrew Parish, Grenada

Saint Andrews is the largest parish in Grenada. The main town is Grenville, which is also Grenadas second largest town after St Georges. Grenville is also known as La Baye.

                                               

Saint George Parish, Grenada

Saint George is one of the parishes of Grenada, located on the south-western end of the island. The capital of Grenada, St. Georges, is located in this parish, and it is regarded as the most picturesque capital in the Caribbean. Its horseshoe-sha ...

                                               

Saint John Parish, Grenada

Saint John is one of the parishes of Grenada. Its capital is Gouyave. Fishing is the main industry. Gouyave is also the home of Grenadas biggest nutmeg factory and of the Dougladston Estate, an old spice plantation. There is almost no tourism in ...

                                               

Saint Mark Parish, Grenada

Along the west coast of the island nation of Grenada lies the small fishing village of Victoria, Grenada. Victoria is the center of activity for the St. Mark’s parish, the smallest parish on the island in both area and populace with approximately ...

                                               

Saint Patrick Parish, Grenada

A spectacular coastline with several fine bays faces several small islands to the north. Its most famous beach is Bathway Beach. The principal town in St. Patrick is Sauteurs. One landmark is Leapers Hill, where legend states that Chief Kairouane ...

                                               

Ciudad San Cristobal

Ciudad San Cristobal is a neighbourhood in the city of Mixco, and part of the department of Guatemala. One of the largest residential complexes near the city of Guatemala, was first developed DEINCO, major real estate company, in 1973. It covers ...

                                               

Comitancillo

Comitancillo is a town and municipality in the San Marcos department of Guatemala.The spoken language is Mam.The municipality was founded by the Spaniards between 1633 and 1648 year. There is an archaeological site called Chipel, with remains of ...

                                               

Concepcion Chiquirichapa

Concepcion Chiquirichapa is a municipality in the Guatemalan department of Quetzaltenango in the Western Highlands of Guatemala, 14 kilometers west of the departmental capital of Quetzaltenango, and 214 kilometers west of the capital Guatemala Ci ...

                                               

Concepcion Tutuapa

Concepcion Tutuapa is a town and municipality in the San Marcos department of Guatemala. It had a population of 49.363 according to the census of 2002 and of the 2018 census there is a total population of 68.148.

                                               

Concepcion, Solola

Concepcion is a municipality in the Solola department of Guatemala. The outstanding characteristic of the municipality is that 100% of its inhabitants are native people.

                                               

El Quetzal

El Quetzal is a town and municipality in the San Marcos department of Guatemala. It was recognised as municipality on 19th of June 1900. The major source of income is the agriculture.

                                               

Esquipulas Palo Gordo

Esquipulas Palo Gordo is a town and municipality in the San Marcos department of Guatemala. The town was founded on 24th of December 1826 year. In the 1920s it was merged with San Marcos, but in 1948 it recovered its autonomy again.

                                               

Gualan

Gualan is a town and municipality in the Guatemalan department of Zacapa. It is located in the Eastern part of the country about 165 Kilometers from Guatemala City on route CA-9.

                                               

Ixchiguan

Ixchiguan is a municipality in the San Marcos department of Guatemala. The economy is based on temporary work force on the coffee plantations, respectively on a male migrating work force in Mexico. The mother, who is one of the Mayan languages in ...

                                               

La Reforma, San Marcos

La Reforma is a municipality in the San Marcos department of Guatemala. The population is mostly indigenous-Mam and they speak their own language and Spanish also. The Catholic Church and the local precolonial religious practices exist together. ...

                                               

Malacatan

Malacatan is a town and municipality in the San Marcos department of Guatemala, located to the west of San Marcos town. It is fairly close to the border with Mexico - the border-crossing point is in the nearby village of El Carmen.

                                               

Mazatenango, Suchitepequez

Mazatenango is a town, with a population of 77.431, and a municipality in the Suchitepequez department of Guatemala. It is the capital of Suchitepequez department and is located 165 km from Guatemala City. Mazatenango lies significantly lower in ...

                                               

Nahuala

Nahuala is a municipality in the Solola department of Guatemala. The town is sometimes known as Santa Catarina Nahuala, in honor of the towns patron saint, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, but the official name is just "Nahuala". Formerly, the town ...

                                               

Pajapita

Pajapita is a town and municipality in the San Marcos department of Guatemala.It was created on 31 May 1920, after the station of Vado Ancho on the Panamerican Railroad of Guatemala was built. Due to its privileged location on the way from Guatem ...

                                               

Panajachel

Panajachel is a town in the southwestern Guatemalan Highlands, less than 90 miles from Guatemala City, in the department of Solola. It serves as the administrative centre for the surrounding municipality of the same name. The elevation is 1.597 m ...

                                               

Rio Hondo, Zacapa

Rio Hondo is a municipality in the Guatemalan department of Zacapa. Rio Hondo, which means "deep river" in English, is known for its crystal clear water. Rio Hondo consists mainly of agricultural land, like as mango groves, lime groves, avocado g ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation