Топ-100 ★ Blarney Castle - castle .. Info | About | What's This? |
Back

★ Blarney Castle - castle ..

Blarney Castle
                                     

★ Blarney Castle

Blarney castle is a medieval stronghold in Blarney, near cork, Ireland, and the river Martin. Though earlier fortifications were built on the same spot, the current keep was built by McCarthy of the following dynasty, the younger branch of the kings of Desmond, and dates from 1446. The Blarney stone is between musicuse castle.

                                     

1. History. (История)

The castle was built before 1200, when a wooden house, believed to have been built on the site, although nothing remains of it. Around 1210 this was replaced by a stone fortification. It was destroyed in 1446, but subsequently rebuilt Cormac Laidir McCarthy, Lord Muscry, who also built castles at Kilcrea and Carrignamuck.

The castle was besieged during the Irish Confederate wars and was seized in 1646 by the parliamentary forces under Lord Broghill. However, after the restoration, the castle was restored to Donough MacCarty, who was made 1st Earl of Clancarty.

During the Williamite war in Ireland in 1690-ies, the then 4th Earl of Clancarty, also named Donough MacCarty was captured and his lands, including Blarney castle was confiscated by the Williamites.

The castle was sold and changed hands a few times - sir Richard Pyne, Lord chief justice of Ireland, owned it briefly - before purchasing at the beginning of 1700-ies of sir James St. John Jefferyes, then Governor of cork city.

Members of the Jefferyes family later build a mansion near the keep. This house was destroyed by fire, and in 1874 a replacement baronial mansion-known as Blarney House was built overlooking the nearby lake. In the mid 19th century the Jefferyes and Colthurst families were joined by marriage, and the Colthurst family still occupy the estate. In may 2008, the present estate owner, sir Charles St. John Colthurst, baronet, succeeded in a court order to retrieve the man who lived on his land for 44 years. Mens great-grandfather was the first to occupy the cottage settlement.

                                     

2. Tourism. (Туризм)

The castle is now partially ruin with some accessible rooms and battlements. At the top of the castle lies the Stone of eloquence, better known as the Blarney stone. Tourists visiting Blarney castle may hang upside down over the edge to kiss the stone, which is said to give the gift of eloquence. There are many versions about the origin of the stone, including the claim that it was the lia fail is nominatie stone on which were crowned the Irish kings.

Around the castle are extensive gardens. There are several ways, during the inspection of the site with signs pointing out various attractions such as natural rocks with fancy names such as the druids of the Circle, witchs cave and the wishing steps. The property has a garden of poisonous a number of poisonous plants, including wolfsbane, Mandrake, ricin and opium, and also hashish. Blarney house, also open to the public and on site, is a Scottish baronial style mansion, which was built in 1874.

                                     
  • The Blarney Stone Irish: Cloch na Blarnan is a block of Carboniferous limestone built into the battlements of Blarney Castle Blarney about 8 kilometres
  • Blarney Castle home of the legendary Blarney Stone. Originally administered by Cork County Council, following the 2019 Cork boundary change, Blarney
  • 2320 Blarney main - belt asteroid Blarney code name an NSA surveillance program. See also: Blarney Castle medieval stronghold in Blarney Blarney Stone
  • Cobh to the castle - reputedly under the impression that they were actually visiting Blarney Castle and its Blarney Stone. The castle was occupied and
  • independence. The kings of Desmond founded sites such as Blarney Castle Ballycarbery Castle Muckross Abbey and Kilcrea Friary. Following the Nine Years
  • major reason for building the railway was to exploit tourist traffic to Blarney Castle The railway operated from its own station. the Cork Western Road railway
  • Events from the year 1446 in Ireland. The construction of Blarney Castle is begun, near Cork Illustrated Dictionary of Irish History. Mac Annaidh, S ed
  • held by his grandson, the tenth Baronet. The family seats are Blarney Castle near Blarney and Ardrum House, near Inniscarra, Cork. Sir John Colthurst
  • rights of way, issues concerning two shops at Blarney Castle and the ownership of the furniture in Blarney Castle where Sir Richard lived. Despite earlier


                                     
  • of Blarney Castle In the Tourist Association Survey of 1944, it is called Carrignamuck Castle and known to be also referred to as Dripsey Castle Cormac
  • tanist of Muskerry and brother of Sir Cormac McTeige MacCarthy of Blarney Castle who resided at Carrignamuck Tower House. In a sketch map dated c. 1590
  • traditional story of the famous Blarney Stone involves Cliodhna. Cormac Laidir MacCarthy, the builder of Blarney Castle being involved in a lawsuit, appealed
  • Cormac Laidir Mor or More chief of the McCarthy clan and builder of Blarney Castle and Carrignamuck Tower House, in a marshy area over an old fort possibly
  • the impostor Terence Francis MacCarthy. Blarney Castle built by Cormac Laidir MacCarthy, Lord of Muscry Blarney Stone, which passed from MacCarthy hands
  • new beginning. Kissing the Blarney Stone also called the Stone of Eloquence is a popular custom in the Castle of Blarney in Ireland. The stone is below
  • Embassy, Dublin Aras an Uachtarain, Dublin Ardbraccan House, Co. Meath Blarney Castle Co Cork Busaras, Dublin Carton House, Co. Kildare The Casino at Marino
  • Godfrey John Hamilton, in 1942. She inherited Blarney Castle and she died 1975. Hillyard died at Blarney Castle in County Cork, Ireland. He had no children
  • Bannockburn 1314 Installed at McCarthy s stronghold, Blarney Castle it became the Blarney Stone. Although colourful, this folk legend cannot be true
  • Cormac Laidir MacCarthy, Lord of Muscry and in 1446 re - builder of Blarney Castle Various monarchs of Desmond, and claimants to that line, in 12th to
  • Hollister shot The Lad From Old Ireland plus a number of film shorts in Blarney Castle Glengarriff and at the Lakes of Killarney. A Kalem crew returned to
                                     
  • had at least four daughters. One, Anne, married James Jefferyes of Blarney Castle son of Sir James Jeffreys and father of James St John Jeffreyes. Another
  • after the arrival of Scaramuccia da Forlì. The Blarney Stone is set into a tower of Blarney Castle in Blarney County Cork in Ireland. April 18 Ippolita
  • Doe Castle or Caislean na dTuath, near Creeslough, County Donegal, was the historical stronghold of Clan tSuibhne Clan MacSweeney with architectural
  • Olcott - Larry Malone The film was shot in Ireland: Queenstown, Cork, Blarney Castle Muckross abbey, Gap of Dunloe, Killarney lakes, Glencairn, Dublin Richard
  • Kinnitty Castle or Castle Bernard is a 19th - century gothic revival castle and hotel in Kinnitty Cionn Eitigh County Offaly, Ireland. It is located north
  • Castle Caulfield is a large ruined house situated in Castlecaulfield, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. The house was built by Sir Toby Caulfeild between
  • Ormond Castle Irish: Caislean Urmhumhan is a castle on the River Suir on the east side of Carrick - on - Suir, County Tipperary, Ireland. The oldest part
  • Castle Roche Irish: Dun Gall is a Norman castle located some 10 km 7 miles north - west of Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland. It was the seat of the De
  • Huntington Castle also known as Clonegal Castle is a castle in Clonegal, County Carlow Ireland, built in 1625. The structure was originally a plantation
  • 8 06 40 W 54.655 N 8.111 W 54.655 - 8.111 Donegal Castle Irish: Caislean Dhun na nGall is a castle situated in the centre of Donegal Town in County Donegal

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
This website uses cookies. Cookies remember you so we can give you a better online experience.
preloader close
preloader