★ Turku Castle
Turku castle is a medieval building in the city of Turku in Finland. Together with Turku Cathedral, the castle is one of the oldest buildings still in use and the largest surviving medieval building in Finland. It was founded in the late 13th century and is situated on the banks of the aura river. The castle served as a Bastion and administrative centre in Eastland, as Finland was known in his time as a province of Sweden. Only once did a drawing of a castle in defense of the Kingdom, and Russian invaders from Novgorod destroyed Turku in 1318. He often played a role in the internal struggle for power in Sweden and the Kalmar Union. The heyday of the fortress was in the middle of the 16th century, during the reign of Duke John of Finland and Catherine Jagellon. That was when the Floor of the Renaissance kings and Queens hall were built, along with other functions. He lost the status of the administrative center in the 17th century after the period Brahes for the post of Governor-General of Finland came to an end. Turku castle is today the most visited Museum in Finland, where attendance reaches 200.000 in a few years. In addition, many large numbers are used for municipal functions.
1. History. (История)
Construction began on the castle in about 1280. The Swedish conquerors of Finland originally conceived as a military fortress. Over the next two centuries, its fortifications were strengthened and living quarters were added. The castle served as a Bastion and administrative centre in Eastland, as Finland was known at the time as a province of Sweden. The main part of the castle was considerably enlarged in the 16th century after Gustav Vasa had ascended the Swedish throne and his son John headed the Finnish administration following his promotion to Duke. Bailey was also supplemented and the round tower in the South-Eastern corner of the Bailey was added. Since no part of the castle was added or extended, only repaired.
The castle has been dominated at different stages of its history, the castle Sheriff, commander, ruler, Prince, or Governor-General. Its importance as a defensive fortress and administrative center has changed over the centuries depending on the political situation. Only once in the castle actually figure in the defence of the realm. It was when the Russian invaders from Novgorod destroyed Turku in 1318. On the other hand, it often plays a role in the internal struggle for power in Sweden and the Kalmar Union. Not until the late 16th century, it really enjoy peace. The castle lost its status as administrative center in the 17th century after the period Brahes for the post of Governor-General of Finland came to an end.
A poor attacked the castle, especially on sieges. In 1614, when king Gustav II Adolf visited the castle, a huge fire destroyed the wooden building of the main castle almost completely. After this the castle was abandoned and partly used as a store, partly just stood empty. The accident precipitated a new castle in the summer of 1941, shortly after the Soviet-Finnish war began when Russian incendiary bomb hit the main castle.
Bailey functioned as the administrative centre, when the castle stood empty. In addition to the Governor-General, Lord Lieutenant lived in the 17th century and after a period of great anger, it housed the provincial government for some time. One of the brightest periods in the history of the castles, when he was in prison from the 18th century until the late 19th century. When the Finnish war began in 1808, the castle was used by the Russian Navy and only transferred to the Finnish authorities after the country was granted the status of autonomy within the Russian Empire a few decades later. Historical Museum of Turku, founded in 1881 he began his occupation of the Bailey immediately after the Museum was founded and later was given quarters in the castle itself.
Repair of the castle, which was started before the Second World War and interrupted by Finlands two wars with the Soviet Union, was completed in 1987. Completely renovated, the castle was passed on 12 October 1993 in Turku, which was entrusted with its operation for the Finnish state, its owner. The building is owned and maintained by the state of Finland and requested to use the city of Turku. The lock functions in General as a historical Museum in the framework of the provincial Museum of Turku. In the main part of the castle, the Banquet halls of Turku, a Church for the local congregation and also restaurants in the main castle and the Bailey. Today the castle is again booming, as it has achieved the status of one of the most visited museums in Finland.
2. Construction. (Строительство)
The layout of the castle consists of the medieval keep and Renaissance paalinna Bailey esilinna. Keep consists of a square Fort with two towers of the gateway square, the wall thickness at the base is about 5 meters 16 feet.
In the Middle ages the castle was surrounded by a moat conjoining with the river aura, the castle effectively lying on an island. The fortress was completed in the early 15th century. The construction of the wall began in the late 15th century and finished in 16th. Bailey is not as heavily fortified as a fortress, but it has several turrets. The Renaissance construction work included heavy modification of nearly all of the rooms in the old medieval part of the castle. Since Renaissance no additions to the castle.
The modest military fortification grew into a massive Greystone castle, whose solid walls have witnessed many milestones in Nordic history. The castle was repeatedly the victim of a siege and several battles have been waged aside its walls. Of all the Finnish castles, Turku castle, the most warlike of history in addition to the Vyborg castle and Olavinlinna.
The heyday of the fortress was in the middle of the 16th century, during the reign of Duke John of Finland and Catherine Jagellon. That was when the Floor of the Renaissance kings and Queens hall were built, along with other functions.
The castle was the centre of the historical province of Finland and the administrative center of Finland. Its strong walls and dungeons also served as a prison for many centuries, even today the prison is colloquially referred to as Linna castle in Finland. The castle was the site of many historical events, 1573-1579, for example, the deposed Swedish Queen Karin Månsdotter were kept here.
The castle is Finlands most visited Museum, with attendance reaches 200.000 in a few years. In addition, many large numbers are used for municipal functions.
3. Medieval Castelano. (Средневековые Castelano)
Different Castelano, bailiffs, military commanders, governors who held Turku castle in the Middle ages:
- S. 1348 Gerhard Skytte.
- 1395 Bosson Handle Of The Whip.
- 1499 Magnus Grille, appointed by king Hans.
- 1503 Svante Nilsson. (1503 Сванте Нильссон)
- 1411 Klaus Lydekesson Djakn.
- Mutts 1324-26 Kettilmundsson concentrated Commerce in Turku, brought a courtly and knightly culture.
- 1465 Erik Axelsson Tott.
- 1359 king Magnus IV, represented by Bishop hemming.
- 1501 Sten Sture the elder.
- 1340 Dan Nilsson. (1340 Дан Нильссон)
- In the early 14th century Nils Andersson and Harald Torsteinsson.
- 1375 Bo Jonsson Grip, died 1386.
- S. 1360 Narve Ingevaldsen from Norway.
- 1280 x Carolus Gustavi.
- 1469 Sten Sture the elder.
- 1315-22 Lyder van Kyren, from Holstein.
- 1326 Karl Naskonungsson. (1326 Карл Naskonungsson)
- 1441 Karl Knutsson Bunde, the future Charles VIII, king of Sweden.
- 1399 the Union monarchs, Margaret I of Denmark Eric of Pomerania.
- 1457-63: Kristofer Bengtsson Oxenstierna.
- 1512 Kristofer Klasson Horn.
- 1387 Jeppe Abrahamsson Djakn.
- 1435 Hans Kropelin. (1435 Ганс Kropelin)
- 1358 Nils Turesson Bielke Of.
4. In popular culture. (В популярной культуре)
Turku castle is the scene of the Finnish fairy tale house in Turku castle from 1849 to the Zachris Topelius. At the time of writing, Turku castle was badly damaged, and just like Victor Hugos the Hunchback of Notre Dame the Notre Dame de Paris, history Topelius had a great influence on the desire to restore this important landmark of Turku.
The walls of the castle or the castle itself is also presented in many Finnish movies. They include the adventure film Sadan miekan Mies 1951 Director Ilmari Unho and the film the Girl king 2015 Director Mika Kaurismaki.
- The Tomten in Åbo Castle also known as The Tomte at Turku Castle Swedish: Tomtegubben i Åbo slott, Finnish: Turun linnan tonttu - ukko is a Finnish fairy
- churches and other venues in Turku such as the Turku Concert Hall, the Academy Hall, the Turku Cathedral, Sigyn Hall, the Turku Castle and the Sibelius Museum
- Turku Castle Turku Cathedral and at the Aboa Vetus Ars Nova Museum. Together these different performances and exhibitions form the Medieval Turku event
- Its importance decreased when the Turku castle was finished in beginning of the 14th century. Hence the name Old Castle of Lieto. The area is currently
- council, and already on 4 May 1890 the company opened a tram line between Turku Castle and the city centre. This was the first tram system in Finland, then
- medieval Kuitila manor in Parainen and in Luostarinmaki and the castle in Turku The Turku castle appearing twice in a full frame shot is of a model, because
- black cap and Linnan sinappi Mustard of the Castle with blue cap. The logo sports the profile of Turku castle The most popular type is the red range
- 1938 - 1941 Harjavalta power station 1939 Restoration of Turku Castle 1939 - 55 Kåren Turku Student Union dormitory 1945 1950 Villa Staffans, Kakskerta
- Ladoga. The three high - medieval Finnish castle fiefs were ruled until the 1360s from the castles of Turku formerly Åbo in Swedish Hameenlinna Tavastehus
- Fasil Ghebbi complex in Gondar Turku Castle in Finland Buda Castle in Budapest Sarospatak Castle in Sarospatak Wawel Castle in Krakow part of the Wawel
- two - day international business festival held every year in Turku Finland, at the Turku Castle It was first held on May 31 and June 1, 2016. The attendees
- football in Turku Suomen Palloliiton Turun piiri, commonly referred to as SPL Turun piiri or SPL Turku is the governing body for football in Turku Based
- southwestern Finland, centred on the historic city of Turku Swedish: Åbo and the Turku Castle It borders Satakunta, Tavastia, and Uusimaa. It is also
- municipality of Turku Finland. The mansion can trace its history back to the 16th century, when it was owned by Hans Erikson, the commander of Turku Castle who
- Nordic countries Nautelankoski Rapids in River Aura in Lieto The medieval Turku Castle on the banks of River Aura is one of the most influential buildings in
- the Turku Castle The estate was later donated to a Bridgettine monastery in Naantali in the 1430s. According to some historians, the abandoned castle was
- build a heritage tramway in Turku that would run during the summer season along the Aura River between the Turku Castle and Martinsilta St Martin s
- Haxhammaren Henrik and the Hammer of Witches had its premiere at Turku Castle as part of Turku s year as joint European Capital of Culture. FIMIC: Ulf Långbacka:
- similar to that of the castles of Turku Hame and Vyborg, which are still preserved today. The only known reference to Kokemaki Castle is King Albert s warrant
- Pentti Pouttu, also known as Bengt Pouttu, died 1597 in Turku Sweden now Finland was a Finnish Swedish peasant rebellion leader, land owner and merchant
- describes it as an impressive maritime museum, and notes that it is near Turku Castle The main exhibition was renewed in 2016 and it is now called Work at
- The mail route between Stockholm and Turku that later extended further east to Saint Petersburg, is a historical route that was established in the 17th
- Finland was a Swedish noble. She led the defense of the stronghold Turku Castle for the loyalist of Sigismund III Vasa during the Siege by Charles IX
- castles were built: the Turku Castle in Finland Proper, the Hame Castle in Tavastia and the Vyborg Castle in Karelia. In mediaeval times the castles were
- Kastelholm. Along with Hameenlinna, Olavinlinna in Savonlinna, Raasepori, and Turku Kastelholm is one of only five surviving Finnish medieval fortresses that
- Korsholm Castle Finnish: Korsholman linna, Swedish: Korsholms slott, also known as Chrysseborg was a medieval castle in Vaasa, Finland. Korsholm was
- the city centre and Turku Castle Most of the raw material hemp was imported from Riga. The very first shipbuilders strike in Turku took place in 1743
- in Turku and Albertina Museum in Vienna. Hanna Varis official website The YLE news article about Hanna Varis solo exhibition at the Turku Castle 31
- Castle Finnish: Hameen linna, Swedish: Tavastehus slott is a medieval castle in Hameenlinna, Finland. Originally located on an island, the castle now
- Raseborg Castle Finnish: Raaseporin linna, Swedish: Raseborgs slott is a medieval castle in Raseborg, Finland. It has been suggested that the castle was