★ The Animal
The animal in the 2001 American Comedy Directed by Luke Greenfield starring: Rob Schneider, Colleen Haskell, Michael Caton, and John C. McGinley.
Schneider plays Marvin mange, a man who is badly injured but unknown to him, he is put back together by a mad scientist who transplants animal parts, creating a weird permanent changes in his behavior.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
Marvin mange Rob Schneider, awkward, clumsy nice guy who dreams of becoming a policeman like his father. He constantly tries to pass physical test to become a COP, but despite his repeated attempts, he fails to complete the obstacle course. Marvin is constantly cruel and heartless slippery Sergeant Sisk John C. McGinley. He works in a police station as evidence clerk.
One day, alone at the station, he receives a robbery. No other officers answering the call, he tries to take it, but end up driving off the road, tumbling down the mountain and seriously injuring himself. When the car finally stops, he comes out.
A few days later, Marvin returns to normal with no memory of what happened. Suddenly, he is full of life. He can outrun horses, mean dogs are now scared of him, and he doesnt need his asthma medication. He thinks its his night TV purchase of "badger milk", which is guaranteed in the ads to make him stronger.
A day in the Park, Marvin meets Rianna Colleen Haskell while she was walking her dogs. His animal-like tendencies are slowly taking him over. When a Frisbee is thrown in his direction, he cant control himself and he jumps to catch it in his mouth.
He goes to the airport to talk to his friend, miles the security guard guy Torry about his problem. While there, Marvin sniffs out a man trying to hide heroin in his rectum. For the disclosure of a drug smuggler, Marvin is declared a hero and becomes a police officer.
As the days go by, Marvins animal instincts become stronger. He often wakes up in strange places, and subsequently, hears about animal attacks that occurred in the middle of the night. Because of these attacks, Dr Michael Caton believes that Marvin is out of control. The mad scientist confronts him, takes him to his laboratory, and explains about the implants and transplant, which saved the lives of Marvins and gave him remarkable abilities of the animals With some unpleasant side effects.
Later, at a party thrown by mayor Scott Wilson, Marvin chases after a cat and destroys everything around him and was fired as a result. During his reprimand, he hears something, jumps into the lake and rescues his son with the help of the mayors powers derived from a sea-lion and Dolphin. He is rapidly recovering.
Main Wilson, ed Asner Marvin questions about the night attacks on domestic animals, because one of witnesses made a police sketch, and, it seems, Marvin.
Rihanna goes to Marvins house, where he barricaded himself. They spend the night together, but Marvin wants to be tied, so he cant harm anyone. In the morning he finds himself untied, courtesy of Rianna. Suddenly the police showed up outside. Another attack happened that night, and the police came to Marvin. Rianna convinces him to run.
Marvin escapes to the woods, where a huge chase ensues, the police have organized an angry mob, as the first team to capture Marvin. While running through the woods, Marvin finds Dr. Wilder. The scientist tells him that there was another "patient" of his that got out of control, and he to the woods to hunt.
Sergeant Sisk confronts Marvin, and is going to shoot. Suddenly, the other "animal" jumps from a tree and attacks Sisk. The beast is Rianna. Now, the crowd finds them both together, but there are miles and takes the blame for everything. He was arguing that the racism towards him because hes black concept he explained in the beginning of the movie, and to eat with Marvin and nobody wants to call him to account for everything. Of course, once the mob thinks a black man was responsible, they dont care anymore and leave.
Marvin and Rianna get married and have a brood of children that each look like Marvin. While watching television, they see Dr. Wilder win the Nobel prize. He says he owes it all to his bride, who is the same woman from the badger milk commercial. When she turns around to kiss him, there are large scars shown on his back, implying that Wilder was an experiment on her as well.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Sebastian Jude as the lost boy.
- Ron Rogge as patrolman Jaworski.
- Louis Lombardi as fatty.
- Colleen Haskell as Rianna "Hummingbird" Holmes.
- John Farley as other mob.
- Adam Sandler as a citizen.
- Norm MacDonald as a member of the mafia.
- Philip Daniel Bolden as the evidence room kid #2.
- John C. McGinley as Sergeant Doug Sisk.
- Michael Caton as Dr. Wilder.
- Guy Torry as miles.
- Ed Asner as chief Wilson.
- Charlie Stewart as the evidence room kid #1.
- Rob Schneider as Marvin mange.
Wes Takahashi, a former animator and visual effects supervisor of industrial light & magic, makes a cameo appearance as a news reporter.
3.1. Welcome The checkout. (Кассе)
The animal debuted on June 1, 2001, cash 19.6 million U.S. dollars in the first weekend. With a production budget of $47 million, the film grossed $84.772.742 at the international level.
3.2. Welcome Critical response. (Критическая реакция)
This movie received negative reviews. Rotten tomatoes gave the film a score of 30% based on 83 reviews, with the consensus stating: "while less offensive and more charming than recent gross witty comedies, the animal is still rather mediocre". Metacritic gave the film a rating in the amount of 43% based on reviews from 22 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Spectators interviewed by the Agency CinemaScore gave the film a B grade.
Kevin Thomas of the Los Angeles times called it "an outrageous and imaginative summer Comedy". Robert Koehler, Variety magazine wrote: "the animal is never more nor less than stupid, but stupid in ways that deliver goofiness, and not the rampant humiliation". Peter Travers of Rolling Stone described it as "Adam Sandler decline" and wondered how this "raunchy overtones, wrapped in a PG-13 rating", passed by the censors.
Rob Schneider was nominated for a Golden raspberry for worst actor of the decade for his performance in the film.
3.3. Welcome Disputes. (Споры)
Despite mostly negative critical reaction, one supporter of the film at the time of its release was film critic David manning who gave the film extremely positive reviews from critics. In late 2001, manning was revealed to be a fictional character created by Sony to fake publicity for the film. At the time, Sony said that the error was due to a layout artist who entered the dummy text in print advertisements during their design, which was accidentally replaced with a real text.
- Animals are multicellular eukaryotic organisms that form the biological kingdom Animalia. With few exceptions, animals consume organic material, breathe
- Animal welfare is the well - being of nonhuman animals The standards of good animal welfare vary considerably between different contexts. These standards
- Animal testing, also known as animal experimentation, animal research and in vivo testing, is the use of non - human animals in experiments that seek to
- Animal training is the act of teaching animals specific responses to specific conditions or stimuli. Training may be for purposes such as companionship
- Animal rights is the idea in which some, or all, non - human animals are entitled to the possession of their own existence and that their most basic interests - such
- Animal Crossing is a social simulation video game series developed and published by Nintendo and created by Katsuya Eguchi. In Animal Crossing, the player
- important factor. Animal law encompasses companion animals wildlife, animals used in entertainment and animals raised for food and research. The emerging field
- A working animal or draught or draft animal is an animal usually domesticated, that is kept by humans and trained to perform tasks. They may be pets
- Play media Animal cognition describes the mental capacities of non - human animals and the study of those capacities. The field developed from comparative
- Animal Farm is an allegorical novella by George Orwell, first published in England on 17 August 1945. The book tells the story of a group of farm animals
- Animal coloration is the general appearance of an animal resulting from the reflection or emission of light from its surfaces. Some animals are brightly
- A funny animal is an anthropomorphic animal character who lives like a human. They are typically bipedal, wear clothes, live in houses, drive and ride
- An animal product is any material derived from the body of an animal Examples are fat, flesh, blood, milk, eggs, and lesser known products, such as isinglass
- Animal Jam is an online virtual world developed by WildWorks. It was originally launched in 2010, in collaboration with the National Geographic Society
- Animals that are held by humans and prevented from escaping are said to be in captivity. The term is usually applied to wild animals that are held in confinement
- Animal Planet is an American pay television channel owned by Discovery, Inc. First established on October 1, 1996, the network is primarily devoted to
- Animal consciousness, like human consciousness, is a state: a felt state - - a state that it feels like something to be in. It includes the quality or state
- An animal is a multicellular, eukaryotic organism of the kingdom Animalia or Metazoa. Animal or Animals or The Animal may also refer to: The Animal nickname
- The terms human animal hybrid and animal human hybrid refer to an entity that incorporates elements from both humans and animals For thousands of years
- Animal languages are forms of non - human animal communication that show similarities to human language. Animals communicate by using a variety of signs
- Animal husbandry is the branch of agriculture concerned with animals that are raised for meat, fibre, milk, eggs, or other products. It includes day - to - day
- Cruelty to animals also called animal abuse, animal neglect or animal cruelty, is the infliction by omission animal neglect or by commission by humans
- The animal rights movement, sometimes called the animal liberation movement, animal personhood, or animal advocacy movement, is a social movement which
- non - human animals vary greatly by country or jurisdiction - encompassing everything from the legal recognition of non - human animal sentience to the absolute
- Animal communication is the transfer of information from one or a group of animals sender or senders to one or more other animals receiver or receivers
- assistance animals assist animals or helper animals depending on the country and the animal s function. Dogs are the most common service animals assisting
- Animal industrial complex AIC is the accumulation of interests responsible for institutionalized exploitation of non - human animals It includes every
- Animal sacrifice is the ritual killing and offering of an animal usually as part of a religious ritual or to appease or maintain favour with a deity. Animal
- Animals in sport are a specific form of working animals Many animals at least in more commercial sports, are highly trained. Two of the most common
- Animal worship or zoolatry refers to rituals involving animals such as the glorification of animal deities or animal sacrifice. When a god is respected