★ The Fighter
The fighter 2010 American biographical sports film directed by David O. Russell, starring mark Wahlberg, Christian bale, Amy Adams and Melissa Leo. The film tells about the life of professional boxer Micky ward and his older half-brother Dicky Eklund. Adams plays Mickys girlfriend Charlene Fleming, and Leo portrays Micky and Dickys mother, Alice Eklund-ward. The film is based on documentary 1996 which has the Eklund-ward family, under the name of high street: lost lives in Lowell.
The film was released in some North American cinemas on 17 December 2010, and in the UK on 4 February 2011. He was nominated for seven Academy awards, including Best film and best Director, winning the awards for Best male role of the second plan bale, and Best actress Leo. It was the first film to win both awards since Hannah and her sisters 1986.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
Micky ward is an American Welterweight boxer from Lowell, Massachusetts. Managed by his mother, Alice ward, and trained by his older half-brother Dicky Eklund, Mickey became a "stepping stone" for other boxers to defeat on their way. Dicky, a former boxer whose peak of success was in the distance with Sugar ray Leonard in 1978, became addicted to crack. He starred in a documentary by HBO, according to him, about his "comeback".
At night undercard fight in Atlantic city, Mickys scheduled opponent is ill and no substitute is found who is 20 pounds heavier than Micky, a huge difference in professional Boxing, representing two or three weight categories. Despite Mickys reservations, his mother and brother agrees, so they can all get the purse and Mickey defeated. Mickey retreats from the world and forms a relationship with Charlene Fleming, a former College athlete who dropped out and became a bartender.
After several weeks, Alice arranges another fight for Micky, but Micky is concerned will be the same. His mother and seven sisters blame Charlene for his lack of motivation. Mickey recalls how he received an offer to be paid to train in Las Vegas, but Dicky says he will match the offer so he could continue to train and work with your family. Dicky then tries to get the money, giving his girlfriend a prostitute, and then when she picks up a client, impersonating a police officer to steal the client money. This stopped the actual police and Dicky was arrested after chase and fight with them. Mickey tries to stop the police from beating his brother, and the police brutally breaks his hand before arresting him. At their arraignment, got Mickey, but Dicky is sent to jail. Mickey washes his hands of Dicky.
The night documentarys airing LPG, Dickys family, and Dicky himself in prison, are horrified to see that it is called crack in America and depicts how crack addiction ruined Dickys career and life. Dicky begins training and trying to make his life in prison. Mickey returns to Boxing by his father, who believes Alice and his stepson Dicky are bad influences. Other members of his training team and a new Manager, Sal Lanano, persuade Micky to return to Boxing with the explicit understanding that his mother and brother are no longer involved. They place Micky in minor fights to help him regain his confidence. Then he offered another major fight against the undefeated boxer. During the prison visit, Dicky advises Micky on how best to work his opponent, but Micky feels his brother is selfish and tries to restart his career failed. During the match, Mickey almost stunned, but then sells it to the Council, the brothers and wins, he deserves a title shot for which his opponent was neat and tidy.
After his release from prison, Dicky and his mother go to see Micky train. Assuming things as they were, Dicky prepares to spar with his brother, but Micky informs him that he is no longer allowed under the agreement Mickys with his current team. In the ensuing argument, in which Mickey chastises both factions of his family, Charlene and his trainer leave in disgust. Micky and Dicky spar to Micky knocks Dicky down. Dickie ran out of the room, apparently to get him back, and Alice chides Micky, only sobered up when he tells her that she is always Dicky. Dicky returns to his crack house where he says goodbye to his friends and goes to Charlenes apartment. He tells her that Micky needs them both, and they must work together. Then all back together, the group goes to London for a title fight against the Welterweight champion Shea Neary. Mickey scores another win and the title. The film jumps several years ahead, with Dicky lending brother as the Creator of his own success.
In real life, the brothers banter as the credits run.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Jack McGee as George ward 1941-2011, Mickys father.
- Melissa Leo as Alice Eklund-ward 1931-2011, mother to both fighters and their seven brothers and sisters, sisters. Leo received an Oscar nomination for Best actress at the 83rd Academy awards.
- Frank Renzulli as Sal Lanano.
- Kate obrien as Mickys sister Phyllis Eklund.
- Mark Wahlberg as Micky ward: Wahlberg elected for the main role in the film due to his friendship with ward, with whom he shared the inner-city working class Massachusetts upbringing in a family with eight brothers and sisters. Wahlberg also was a huge fan of wards, calling him a "local hero". The actor was also attracted to the Central theme of the film, an ordinary man in the "one-against-all-odds story," which he previously explored in Invincible. Wards to mimic the habits and mannerisms, Wahlberg had him "on set, watching me every day." During pre-trial proceedings, the ward brothers temporarily moved in Wahlbergs home. To add to the films realism, Wahlberg refused a stunt double and took real punches during the fight scenes, which resulted in him nearly broke his nose a couple of times. Wahlberg underwent a strict exercise regime bodybuilding, dedicating over four years of study to obtain the muscular physique to convincingly play ward. "The last six movies I did I was also secretly preparing for the fighter at the same time," the actor continued: "so I wanted to leave three hours early to work and go to the gym and spend three hours. I would take the trainers with me on all the films that I have done." His uncertainty about the development of the films was reversed his insistence to make the film. "There were of course times when I would Wake up at 4:30 in the morning, you know, my coach wanted to ring the bell, and Oh, they like Im better than you the movie? You know, kill someone if I dont get this film made". Wahlberg hired Freddie roach as Boxing trainer, helping the actor model wards a specific combat style. The last two years of training Wahlbergs the construction of a "dream gym" in his house for daily use, with a personal Boxing ring. He received additional Boxing preparation from Manny Pacquiao.
- Bianca hunter as Cathy "pork" Eklund.
- Mickey OKeefe as himself, in Lowell, Massachusetts police Sergeant who was wards real life trainer. OKeefe, who has never acted, was hesitant at first, but Wahlberg said he can do this because, as a policeman, he must act and think fast on his feet.
- Amy Adams as Charlene Fleming, wards real-life girlfriend and wife: Russell said of the actress: "theres very little that the Director can have at his disposal better than an actress whos dying to break type and is extremely motivated to break type. Amy was extremely motivated to play a sexy bitch and thats who the character Charlene. She said as long as it happens between action and cut, ill do something." And I said this is my type of actress. I liked that she had such an attitude." Adams was nominated for the award "Oscar" for Best actress at the 83rd Oscar.
- Christian bale as dick "Dicky" Eklund: after both brad pitt and Matt Damon dropped out due to scheduling conflicts, Eminem was even talked and considered for the role of Eklund, but eventually he left due to conflicts with recording his music. Wahlberg suggested bale for the role after meeting the actor in a kindergarten for their young daughters both attended. Given Eklunds drug addiction, bale had to lose weight, which he found easy as he lost in 2003 to 63 kg for the driver. Bale researched the part of taking notes on Eklunds mannerisms and recording conversations for the characters distinctive Boston accent. Director David O. Russell believed bale task involved far more than mimicry. "Dicky has a whole rhythm of his music. Christians need to understand how he thinks". Russell and Eklund were both impressed bales desire to stay in character throughout the shooting. Bale went on to win the Academy award for Best actor at the 83rd Oscar for his performance.
- Sugar ray Leonard as himself, makes a miniature appearance as a guest commentator at the Ward / mungin match the.
- Erica McDermott as Cindy "tar" Eklund 1961-2012, one of Mickey and Dickeys sisters.
- Jenna Lamia as Sherri "the baby" ward.
3.1. Production. Development. (Развитие)
Scout productions acquired the life rights of boxer Micky ward and his brother, dick Eklund, in July 2003. Eric Johnson and Paul Tamasy were also hired to write the script, which was rewritten Lewis Colick. Mark Wahlberg joined the production in early 2005, with the intention of making wards life story "justice. We dont want to do any over-the-top, unrealistic fight scenes". Paramount pictures, the U.S. distributor of the film, hired Paul Attanasio to rewrite Collicks of the project in February 2007 in an attempt to emphasize the themes of brotherhood and redemption. I hope to start production in Massachusetts in June 2007, Wahlberg had Martin Scorsese read the script, hoping that hes straight. Scorsese declined the offer, finding the Massachusetts-setting redundant after he departed. The actor brought Scorseses raging bull as an influence for the fighter, but Scorsese was not interested in directing another Boxing movie. Darren Aronofsky was hired to direct in March 2007, with Scott silver rewriting the script in September 2007. Paul Attanasio was also involved as a doctors script for the film before shooting.
I saw all the movies about Boxing ever made. Im also a huge wrestling fan. I struggled a bit when I was younger. No one, in my opinion, and some of the greatest movies ever made – you talk raging bull and rocky I saw 30 times – but the fighting just not really what we want to achieve and to achieve in this film.
Production continued with shooting to begin in October 2008, and Christian bale was replaced by brad pitt. Besides Aronofsky dropped out to work in Mgms Robocop remake, then the Black Swan. Wahlberg and bale chose David O. Russell as a replacement Aronofskys. Wahlberg also starred in Russells Three kings and Breakers of hearts. Aronofsky was issued, the Executive producer for his contributions on the fighter, And was enthusiastic to have Russell as a Director. In April 2009, relativity media stepped up to fully Finance the film, selling the international distribution rights to the Weinstein company in a month. The fighter began principal photography on July 13, 2009, with a budget of $ 11 million in 33-day shooting schedule, which was half the budget, that has always worked. Used in the production of the Massachusetts tax incentives film to cover part of the cost of the movies.
3.2. Production. Shooting. (Съемки)
Principal photography took place on location in wards hometown of Lowell, Massachusetts. Its Boxing matches were shot at the tsongas center is a sports complex at UMass Lowell, and gym scenes at Arthur Ramalhos gym of the West, one of the real facilities where ward had trained. The Boxing-match footage was created "in big, choreographic sections that were taken directly from the camera, which gave a definite form, and we hired the Director from HBO and his crew who had done those fights" to repeat them blow for blow.
3.3. Production. The comparison with real events. (Сравнение с реальными событиями)
- The film is wards to lose coming into the 1988 Mike Mungin fight. In reality, ward was 18-1 and on a four fight winning streak when he fought Mungin. Wards four-fight losing streak actually occurred in 1990-91.
- In the movie ward is knocked down in the sixth round of the Neary fight. In reality, ward was not shot down in this battle.
- In the films wards career as 30-7 with 20 KOs as he fights Neary. In reality, his record at the time was 34-9 with 25 KOs.
- In the film, during a team fight with Alfonso Sanchez which took place on 4 April 1997, the entrance to the wards of the song "the warriors code" by Dropkick Murphy. However, this song was not released until 2005 on the album of the same name.
- The film is about ward taking a severe beating in the Mungin fight. In fact, the fight went all ten rounds and Mungin won a very narrow decision: 96-93, 95-94, 95-94.
4. Release. (Релиз)
To promote the film, Wahlberg appeared on the cover of "sports illustrated" and mens fitness, and bale in "Esquire", in November 2010. Held a charity premiere in Lowell, Massachusetts, the setting of the fighter, on December 9, the day before the films scheduled national release.
Home media. (Домашний медиа)
The fighter was released on Blu-ray and DVD / digital copy combo pack and standard DVD in the U.S. March 15, 2011.
5.1. Welcome Critical reception. (Критический прием)
Fighter received mostly positive reviews from critics, praising the performances of Adams, bale and Leo. Christian bale was seemingly appreciated more for his performance than his companions Kostars, with comments about his weight, accent, and manners, and Melissa Leo also particularly praised for her performance as Wahlbergs mother. Overview of web aggregation site Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a rating of 91% based on 243 reviews from critics with an average rating of 7.81 / 10. The sites critical consensus reads: "led trio captivating performances mark Wahlberg, Christian bale, and Amy Adams, fighter solidly entertaining, albeit predictable, entry in the Boxing drama genre." Metacritic gives the film had an average score of 79 out of 100 based on 41 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
Sports illustrated named the film the Best sports movie of the decade and "one of the best illuminated Martin Scorsese Robert De Niro and Jake Lamotte in raging bull." Richard Corliss of Time magazine named Christian bales performance one of the top 10 live performances of 2010, saying that "in a little festival of tart, savory performances, notably from Melissa Leo as the boys mother and Amy Adams as Mickys girlfriend, bale shines brighter because he knows hes not a hero, but his depraved state, just this monster. He finds beauty in the beast".
5.2. Welcome The checkout. (Кассе)
Fighter have collected 93.6 million $In USA and Canada and other territories were collected 35.5 million$, around the world in a total of 129.1 million dollars.
5.3. Welcome Awards. (Награды)
The film received seven nominations at the Academy awards, including Best picture, winning two. The film was nominated for six awards Golden globe: Best motion picture drama, Best actor drama Wahlberg, Best supporting actress for Leo and Adams, Best supporting actor for bale, and a nomination For best Director for Russell. The film received three Chicago film critics nomination: Best supporting actor for bale and best actor nominations actress Adams and Leo. Bale won a satellite award, the critics prize "Golden globe" for Best actor the second plan, and the national Board of review award for Best actor the second plan. Leo won a Golden globe for Best actress.
6. Continued. (Продолжение)
Wahlberg is involved in the development of the sequel, the fighter 2, which will focus on the legendary fight trilogy between ward and Arturo Gatti. In 2013, Jerry Ferrara signed On to play Gatti.
- Fighter or the fighter or The Fighters may refer to: Combatant, a person skilled in combat Martial artist, someone skilled in martial arts Senshi disambiguation
- fighter Strategic fighter including the escort fighter and strike fighter Of these, the Fighter - bomber, reconnaissance fighter and strike fighter classes
- release Street Fighter II is credited with establishing many of the conventions of the one - on - one fighting genre. Street Fighter is one of the highest - grossing
- Virtua Fighter Japanese: バーチャファイター is a series of fighting games created by Sega - AM2 and designers Yu Suzuki and Seiichi Ishii. The original Virtua Fighter
- A fighter - bomber is a fighter aircraft that has been modified, or used primarily, as a light bomber or attack aircraft. It differs from bomber and attack
- A night fighter also known as all - weather fighter or all - weather interceptor for a period of time after World War II is a fighter aircraft adapted for
- The 122nd Fighter Wing 122 FW sometimes 122nd is a unit of the Indiana Air National Guard, stationed at Fort Wayne Air National Guard Station, Fort Wayne
- The 144th Fighter Wing 144 FW is a unit of the California Air National Guard, stationed at Fresno Air National Guard Base, California. As part of the
- Street Fighter IV ストリートファイター IV, Sutorīto Faitā Fō is a 2008 fighting game published by Capcom, who also co - developed the game with Dimps. It was the first
- The following is a list of video games that are part of the Street Fighter series. Street Fighter Fighting Street Turbo CD Street Fighter ZX Spectrum
- The 33rd Fighter Wing, sometimes written 33d Fighter Wing, 33 FW is a United States Air Force unit assigned to Air Education and Training Command s Nineteenth
- the Street Fighter fighting game series covers the original Street Fighter game, the Street Fighter II series, the Street Fighter Alpha series, the Street
- The Ultimate Fighter Live also known as The Ultimate Fighter 15 was the fifteenth installment of the Ultimate Fighting Championship UFC - produced
- to the previous games in the Street Fighter series, Street Fighter V features a side - scrolling fighting gameplay system. The game also introduces the V - Gauge
- The 473d Fighter Group is an inactive United States Air Force USAF unit. Its last assignment was with the 30th Air Division at K. I. Sawyer Air Force
- A fighter pilot is a military aviator trained to engage in air - to - air combat, air - to - ground combat and sometimes electronic warfare while in the cockpit
- The 23rd Fighter Group 23 FG is a United States Air Force unit. It is assigned to the 23rd Wing and stationed at Moody Air Force Base, Georgia. The
- The 159th Fighter Squadron 159 FS is a unit of the Florida Air National Guard s 125th Fighter Wing located at Jacksonville Air National Guard Base
- game for the Sony ZN hardware in 1996. It is a spin - off of the Street Fighter series co - produced by Capcom with Arika and was the first game in the series
- The 182d Fighter Squadron 182 FS is a unit of the Texas Air National Guard 149th Fighter Wing located at Kelly Field Annex, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
- The 52d Fighter Wing 52 FW is a wing of the United States Air Force stationed at Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany. It was activated in 1948, but derives
- The Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights is the tenth installment of the Ultimate Fighting Championship UFC - produced reality television series The Ultimate
- The 476th Fighter Group is an Air Reserve Component ARC of the United States Air Force. It is part of the Tenth Air Force of Air Force Reserve Command
- superiority fighter is designed for entering and seizing control of enemy airspace as a means of establishing complete dominance over the enemy s air
- The 142nd Fighter Wing 142 FW sometimes 142d is a unit of the Oregon Air National Guard, stationed at Portland Air National Guard Base, Oregon. As a
- The 194th Fighter Squadron 194 FS is a unit of the California Air National Guard s 144th Fighter Wing 144 FW at Fresno Air National Guard Base, California
- 333d Fighter - Day Squadron the 532d Fighter - Day Squadron by the 334th Fighter - Day Squadron the 533d Fighter - Day Squadron by the 335th Fighter - Day Squadron
- Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, known as Street Fighter II Movie ストリートファイター II MOVIE, Sutorīto Faitā Tsū Mūbī in Japan and Australia, is a 1994
- Street Fighter game produced by Capcom since the release of Street Fighter II in 1991. The working title for the game was Street Fighter Legends. The game
- The 4th Fighter Wing is a United States Air Force unit assigned to the Air Combat Command Ninth Air Force. It is stationed at Seymour Johnson Air Force