★ Bird (1988 film)
Bird is a 1988 American biographical film, produced and directed by Clint Eastwood screenplay by Joel Oliansky. The film is a tribute to the life and music of jazz saxophonist Charlie "bird" Parker. It is constructed as a montage of scenes from the Parkers life, from his childhood in Kansas city, through his early death at the age of 34.
The film moves back and forth through the story the Parkers, blending moments to find some truth in my life. Most of the film revolves around his only grounding relationships with wife Chan Parker, Bebop pioneer trumpet player band leader dizzy Gillespie, and his influence both musically and in the world of heroin addiction on the trumpeter Red Rodney.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
In 1939, Kansas city, Missouri, a young Alto-saxophonist Charlie "bird" Parker forest Whitaker performs at the club Reno. However, his quick and sporadic games gets his Boo behind the scenes. After moving to new York, Charlie began performing at various jazz venues on 52nd street and meets trumpeter dizzy Gillespie and Samuel E. Wright. Although Charlie performs with dizzy, their specific style of jazz has developed known as "bebop."
One evening, Charlie meets Chan Parker, Diane Venora, dancer and lover of jazz. Attraction to Chan, Charlie invites her out, but she refuses his advances and moved to Chicago, Illinois. Later, Chan returned from Chicago and admits that shes pregnant from another man. Frustrated, Charlie leaves for Los Angeles, California to perform with dizzy. One evening, red Rodney, Michael Zelniker, a Jewish trumpet, fits Charlie and tells him that he is sick. Later, Charlie and participation dizzy was cancelled due to lack of interest in bebop. Charlie remains in Los Angeles, but his addiction to drugs and alcohol to deteriorate and he is in the hospital for eight months.
After receiving a clean Chan gets a booking at a new York club for Charlie. When he thanked Chan for her help, she introduces him to his daughter Kim. Later, Charlie learns that his friend, Brewster, opens a new club and call it the zoo Birdland after Charlie. Need a job and money, Charlie goes to Paris, France, and finds an audience for jazz and bebop. However, he returned to new York and perform in Birdland.
Later, Charlie meets trumpeter Red Rodney. Waiting for the zoo to open Birdland, Charlie offers Red tour to work with him in the South. Although Red is hesitant about how interracial group may be obtained, Charlie assures him that no harm will come to them. Arriving at their first engagement, Red sees Charlie advertises it as a Blues singer, nicknamed "Red albino". During the tour, Charlie finds out that red is addicted to heroin and threatens him to stop using drugs.
Back in new York, Charlie and the Red will perform together at the Grand opening of the zoo Birdland. After that, the authorities take red for drug possession. Charlie continues to perform at Birdland and other new York clubs. Chan and Kim to move in with Charlie, and he and Chan have two children: son Byrd, and her daughter.
Some time later, Charlie is arrested for drug possession and put on probation. Charlie loses his cabaret card and cant play in new York. So he went to Los Angeles for work and reunites with dizzy Gillespie, who sees that Charlie is using drugs again. Later, Charlie finds out that the leek died of illness and returns home to her funeral. Overwhelmed by the death and get away from his singing career, Charlie tries to commit suicide by drinking iodine, but survives. After Chan admits him to a hospital psychiatric clinic, she was advised to send Charlie to public institutions for the shock therapy. She fears that such a treatment may deprive Charlie of his creative abilities. After Charlie left, Chan convinces him to move their family to upstate new York.
Charlies back in town to the casting, created by Brewster, but is distracted seeing all the former jazz clubs on 52nd street were turned into strip clubs. Missing the audition and ashamed to tell Chan, Charlie goes to the apartment of Baroness nica Diane Salinger, a wealthy jazz patron, and will soon pass out. The doctor arrives and advises Charlie to go to the hospital, but he refuses. Later, as he watches TV with the Baroness, Charlie suffers a heart attack and dies at the age of 34.
2. Production. (Производство)
In the 1970-ies, a Parker friend and colleague Teddy Edwards shared his reminiscences of the saxophonist Oliansky, who had wanted to make a biopic about Charlie Parker starring actor Richard Pryor. The property originally belonged to Columbia pictures, which traded the rights to Warner Bros. for incitement Eastwoods, in exchange for the rights to what would become Columbias Kevin costner 1990 car, revenge. There was a delay of several years, while production was completed, and then Pryor had lost interest. The film was eventually shot in 52 days for 14.4 million dollars, not counting Eastwoods fee, although in interviews Eastwood said that sometimes the film only cost 9 million dollars to make. Locations used for filming include the Sacramento valley, Los Angeles and Pasadena, California and also in new York.
Bird received positive reviews from critics, scoring an 81% "fresh" rating on rotten tomatoes from 21 reviews. The performance of forest Whitaker as Parker has received positive notices and several awards, including a nomination for "Best actor" at the Cannes film festival in 1988 and a nomination for a Golden globe. Clint Eastwood won a Golden globe for best Director. The film received the Grand Prix of the Belgian film critics Association and the award "Oscar" for best sound.
4. Music. (Музыка)
Initially, when Columbia owned the project, the Studio executives wanted to hire musicians to re-record all Parkers music, largely because the original recording was in mono, and do not have an acceptable quality of sound to accompany film. Eastwood was a piece of Parker did Parkers wife, Chan, from which he was a sound engineer electronically isolate Parker Solo. Musicians as ray brown, Walter Davis Jr., Ron Carter, Barry Harris, and red Rodney were then hired to record backing tracks on modern equipment. Dizzy Gillespie was on tour at the time of recording, so trumpet player Jon Faddis was hired to record his parts.
- character Bird 1988 film a film about Charlie Bird Parker Bird 2017 film a Russian comedy - drama film Charlie Parker 1920 1955 or Bird a jazz saxophonist
- Actress: Diane Venora - Bird Runner - up: Jodhi May - A World Apart Maslin, Janet 16 December 1988 Accidental Tourist Wins Film Critics Circle Award
- an overview of events in 1988 in film including the highest - grossing films award ceremonies and festivals, a list of films released and notable deaths
- Bird born September 24, 1957 is an American animator, director, screenwriter, producer, and voice actor best known for his animated feature films The
- Lady Bird is a 2017 American coming - of - age comedy - drama film written and directed by Greta Gerwig in her solo directorial debut. The film stars an ensemble
- The 14th Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards were announced on 10 December 1988 and given on 24 January 1989. Best Picture: Little Dorrit Runner - up:
- The 41st Cannes Film Festival was held from 11 to 23 May 1988 The Palme d Or went to the Pelle erobreren by Bille August. The festival opened with Le
- Larry Joe Bird born December 7, 1956 is an American former professional basketball player, former coach, and former executive who most recently served
- Killing Birds is a 1988 Italian horror film starring Lara Wendel and Robert Vaughn. The film is set in Louisiana where Fred Brown returns from the Vietnam
- Laurie Bird September 26, 1953 June 15, 1979 was an American film actress and photographer. She appeared in three films during the 1970s. Two of them
- The Blue Bird is a 1940 B W and Technicolor American fantasy film directed by Walter Lang. The screenplay by Walter Bullock was adapted from the 1908 play
- A list of films produced in Italy in 1988 see 1988 in film 1988 in Italian television Curti 2019, p. 152. Curti 2019, p. 154. Curti 2019, p. 155. Curti
- A bird strike - sometimes called birdstrike, bird ingestion for an engine bird hit, or bird aircraft strike hazard BASH - is a collision between an airborne
- This film - related list is incomplete you can help by expanding it. A list of American films released in 1988 Rain Man won the Academy Award for Best
- Doreen Bird College of Dance, Music Theatre Performance, commonly known as Bird College, is an independent performing arts school and college, located
- Songs Joe Lovano album 2011 Bird Songs Sphere album 1988 Bird Songs: The Final Recordings, by Dizzy Gillespie, 1997 Bird Song: Live 1971, by The Holy
- Feldman in Police Academy 4. Her last film appearance was in 1995 s Jury Duty, with Pauly Shore. In addition to films Bird made numerous appearances on various
- Antonia Jane Bird FRSA 27 May 1951 24 October 2013 was an English producer and director of television drama and feature films In 1968, at the age
- English: Lovable Birds is 1988 Tamil Family - Drama film was directed by Cochin Haneefa and produced by Murasoli Selvam. The film script were written
- Big Bird in Japan is a 1989 television special by the Children s Television Workshop now Sesame Workshop that aired on PBS January 16, 1989. It is the
- El Dorado is a 1988 Spanish film written and directed by Carlos Saura. It was entered into the 1988 Cannes Film Festival. The film is about an expedition
- Cooperstown, New York since November 5, 1988 that honors those who were part of this unique experience. Nalda Bird - Phillips coauthored the Official Song
- Marriages Bird Carmel 1987 The Woodpecker Toy Fact and Other Stories. Bird Carmel 1988 Woodpecker Point Bird Carmel 1993 The Common Rat. Bird Carmel
- White Bird in a Blizzard is a 2014 art drama thriller film co - produced, written, and directed by Gregg Araki and starring Shailene Woodley, Eva Green
- The Secret Policeman s Other Ball. Bird also acted straight and comic roles in several television series and in films such as A Dandy in Aspic 1968 30
- The Cessna L - 19 O - 1 Bird Dog is a liaison and observation aircraft. It was the first all - metal fixed - wing aircraft ordered for and by the United States
- Alice is a 1988 dark fantasy film written and directed by Jan Svankmajer. Its original Czech title is Neco z Alenky, which means Something from Alice
- Zombie 3 1988 Italian title: Zombi 3 Zombie 4: After Death 1988 Italian title: Oltre la morte, a.k.a. After Death Zombie 5: Killing Birds 1987
- Australia s Music Charts 1988 2010. Mt. Martha, VIC, Australia: Moonlight Publishing. Ultratop.be Fatboy Slim Sunset Bird of Prey in Dutch Ultratip
- Children s literature portal The Jubjub bird is a dangerous creature mentioned in Lewis Carroll s nonsense poems Jabberwocky and The Hunting of the