★ Greenberg (film)
Greenberg is a 2010 American Comedy-drama film written and directed by Noah Baumbach. The film stars: Ben Stiller, Greta gerwig, Rhys Evans, Tom Hiddleston and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Greenberg was produced by Scott Rudin productions and distributed attention features. The films soundtrack features the first film score by James Murphy.
Although the film received positive reviews, it was a box office failure, having collected $ 7 million compared to a budget of $ 25 million.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
Florence Marr Greta gerwig is the personal assistant to the Greenberg family in the Hollywood hills. Before the family leaves on a trip to Vietnam, Philip Greenberg Chris Messina explains that his brother, Roger Ben Stiller who will be staying in the house, supposedly to build a doghouse for family dog, Mahler. Philips wife, Carol, Susan Traylor, admits that Roger just got out of the hospital after suffering a nervous breakdown.
Coming from new York, Roger awkward meeting with Florence, and spends his time building the house, watching the neighbors swim in the pool Greenbergs, and write various complaints. His friend Ivan Schrank Rhys Ifans invites him to a party at the home of his former classmate Eric Beller mark Duplass where Roger uncomfortable, and Eric openly hostile to him. Roger works at Beth Jennifer Jason Leigh, ex-girlfriend, and he explains to L. A. to just do nothing for a while.
Roger calls Florence to meet for a drink. He does not drive, so she takes him in her arms, stopping at her apartment for her purse. They begin to have sex, but Florence does not stop him, just got out of a long relationship and doesnt want to have meaningless sex. Roger suggests that they keep things Platonic and Florence agree, but they are still drawn to each other.
Over dinner, Eric vents his anger that Roger refused a big contract for his band fifteen years ago. Eric marvels that Ivan, devastated, having lost the contract still says Roger.
Seeing Mahler is sluggish, Roger calls Florence to take them to the vet, where they learn the dog has autoimmune disease. Their relationship soon escalates, with Florence falling to Roger, despite his impulses and awkward behavior.
Roger meets Beth for drinks and remembers the smallest details of their time together that she barely remembers, she leaves suddenly when Roger tries to rekindle their relationship.
After Florence and Roger to finally have sex, he screams at her to implement it when he doesnt want to participate in it. The next day, remorseful Roger called Florence, who admits that she should have an abortion the next day. Roger offers her, since he was not driving the car Ivan drives Roger and Florence to the clinic where it is performed under General anesthesia and remains in for the night.
Back at the house, Rogers College-age niece, Sarah brie Larson came along. After leaving Australia in the morning with a friend, Muriel Juno temple, they arranged a home party with a dozen of his friends, with whom Roger drugs. Ivan comes in and gets in an argument with Roger, finally articulate their feelings for their lost the contract. Roger admits that he did not know that his personal problems put an end of the strip for which he feels immense guilt. They complain that they were in life they have no plans, although Ivan made peace with it. Learning from Florence, Roger was hospitalized, and going through a similar experience himself, Ivan complains that they could help each other. He leaves, stating that they never truly talk, and saddened by Rogers never made the effort to know his son Ivan. Dejected and drunk, Roger leaves a long Voicemail for Florence, admitting that he really loves her.
The next day, Roger jumps at the invitation of Sarah to accompany her to Australia. He urges neighbors to take care of Mahler, but on the way to the airport, he changed his mind. Instead, he goes to meet Florence at the clinic, and they return to her apartment. The film ends as she listens to Rogers Voicemail.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Dave Franco as rich.
- Juno temple as Muriel.
- Greta gerwig as Florence Marr.
- Rhys Ifans as Ivan Schrank.
- Mark Duplass as Eric Beller.
- Merritt Wever as Gina.
- Jake Paltrow as Johno.
- Chris Messina as Phillip Greenberg, Rogers brother.
- Ben Stiller as Roger Greenberg.
- Brie Larson, Sarah. (Бри Ларсон, Сара)
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Beth.
3. Soundtrack. (Саундтрек)
Soundtrack organized by the co-founder of DFA records James Murphy. This is the debut of Murphys soundtrack to the film, and it includes original compositions credited to Murphy, his band LCD soundsystem as well as songs by other artists. The movie itself contains 25 unique songs, leaving 8 out of the soundtrack.Track listing
- James Murphy: "Song Of Birthday".
- James Murphy: "Thumbs Up".
- James Murphy: "Please Dont Follow Me".
- James Murphy: "Photographs Of The Piano".
- James Murphy: "If you need a friend".
- James Murphy: "Sleepy Baby".
- James Murphy: "Dear You".
- James Murphy: "Photographs". (Джеймс Мерфи: "Фотографии")
- James Murphy: "Gente". (Джеймс Мерфи: "Генте")
- Duran Duran: "The Chauffeur".
- Galaxy 500: "Strange". (Галактика 500: "Странно")
- James Murphy: "plenty of time".
- The Sonics: "Shot Down".
- Albert Hammond: "it never rains in southern California".
- Steve Miller Band: "Jet".
- Night Jewel: "Suburbia". (Ночи: "Субурбия")
- James Murphy: "People". (Джеймс Мерфи: "Люди")
- LCD soundsystem: "Oh you Christmas Blues".
4.1. Welcome Critical response. (Критическая реакция)
On the review aggregator rotten tomatoes, the film holds a rating of 76% based on 172 reviews, with an average rating of 6.88 / 10. The sites critical consensus reads: "Greenberg S rank is harder than most, but Stiller Ben nuanced performance and a darkly funny script help take the misanthropic edge off." On Metacritic the film has a weighted average score of 76 out of 100 based on 39 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews."
Roger Ebert gave the film 3 and 1/2 stars out of four. Ebert praised the performance Stillers wrote: "I never knew who Ben Stiller was born to play, but now I do." Peter Travers from "rolling stone" gave the film 3 out of 4 stars and wrote, "writer-Director Baumbachs the Squid and the whale walks the fragile line between humor and pain.Even when you laugh, like in the climactic party scene, it hurts." Ann Hornaday the Washington Post called the film "a Quiet funny portrait of adults grew up" and gave it 3 out of 4 stars. Hornaday rate the performance of the leading actors, noting that "Stiller inhabits his characters neuroses so thoroughly that its easy to forget that is to make the misanthropy a little convincing" said Henry Cavill, armie hammer "prove its good faith here, as a fine, engaging young actress."
Not all the reviews are positive. Kurt Loder of MTV News writes, "the film was created as an unusual romance between two lost souls, but in the end its more like a stalemate than a love match." David Edelstein of new York magazine lamented: "Greenberg would be a hell of a movie, if we could just get Greenberg out of there." Christopher Tookey of the daily Mail was perhaps the most harsh critic of the film: "Its such a low-budget movie that attracts respectful reviews, but tiny audiences. This is because there is almost no plot or character development and the main characters an idiot."
4.2. Welcome Awards. (Награды)Berlin International Film Festival
- The prize "Golden bear" for Best film nomination.
- Breakthrough actor / actress – Greta gerwig, nominated.
- Best actor – Ben Stiller nominated.
- Best actress – Greta gerwig, nominated.
- The best feature nominated.
- Best cinematography Harris Savides nominated.
- Top Ten Independent Films.
- Inc. Alan Greenberg businessman born 1947 President of Avenues: The World School Alan Greenberg film director 1950 2015 American film director
- surname Greenberg include: Abraham Greenberg 1881 1941 New York politician Adam Greenberg disambiguation several people Aharon - Ya akov Greenberg 1900 1963
- Alan Greenberg October 14, 1950 January 27, 2015 was an American film director, screenwriter, photographer and author. Greenberg visited Jamaica from
- 1965 Paul Greenberg essayist born 1967 author of Four Fish Paul Greenberg executive Digital Media CEO Paul Greenberg producer film and commercial
- Bernard Stan Greenberg born May 10, 1945 is a leading Democratic pollster and political strategist. He is a founding partner at Greenberg Quinlan Rosner
- Jerry Greenberg may refer to: Jerry L. Greenberg music executive Gerald B. Greenberg 1936 2017 film editor, usually credited as Jerry Greenberg
- participated in a 2001 documentary film about homosexual men and women raised in the Orthodox Jewish world. Greenberg is a Senior Teaching Fellow and Director
- Paul Greenberg is an award - winning producer and director of commercials and films Originally from Liverpool, England, he moved to Los Angeles in 1991
- Henry Benjamin Greenberg born Hyman Greenberg January 1, 1911 September 4, 1986 nicknamed Hammerin Hank Hankus Pankus or The Hebrew Hammer
- Adam Daniel Greenberg born February 21, 1981 is an American former professional baseball player. He was an outfielder for the Chicago Cubs of Major
- Courtney Ace Greenberg September 3, 1927 July 25, 2014 was a chairman of the executive committee of The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. Greenberg was born
- ABC drama October Road. His film work includes The Perfect Score, Prime, Bride Wars, and Friends with Benefits. Greenberg was born in Omaha, Nebraska
- Timothy Greenberg is an American writer, director and producer based in New York City. He served as an executive producer of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
- Harold Greenberg OC, CQ, January 11, 1930 July 1, 1996 was a Canadian film producer. Greenberg got his start in film working in his uncle s second - hand
- Dylan Greenberg is an American film director and musician most notable for directing the 2015 film Dark Prism. She has also directed the films ReAgitator:
- Gerald B. Jerry Greenberg July 29, 1936 December 22, 2017 was an American film editor with more than 40 feature film credits. Greenberg received both
- Neil Greenberg born April 17, 1959 is an American dancer, post - modern choreographer, and educator. He danced with the Merce Cunningham Dance Company
- Richard Greenberg born February 22, 1958 is an American playwright and television writer known for his subversively humorous depictions of middle - class
- native Israel and the United States, including several films starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Greenberg has collaborated with numerous well - known and acclaimed
- Life and Times of Hank Greenberg is a 1998 documentary film written, directed, and produced by Aviva Kempner about Hank Greenberg first baseman of the
- Louis and is the daughter of author Jan Greenberg and Ronald K. Greenberg the co - founder of art gallery Greenberg Van Doren in St Louis and New York City
- Clement Greenberg ˈɡriːnbɜːrɡ occasionally writing under the pseudonym K. Hardesh January 16, 1909 May 7, 1994 was an American essayist known
- Reuben Morris Greenberg June 24, 1943 September 24, 2014 was the first black police chief of Charleston, South Carolina, and known for being an innovative
- Greenberg Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is the soundtrack to Noah Baumbach s film Greenberg It includes LCD Soundsystem musician and DFA Records
- Moore s for the Robert Redford film The Horse Whisperer, and contributed instrumental music to the movie and soundtrack. Greenberg has written songs for Amy
- Matt Greenberg is an American screenwriter and producer best known for his work on the horror films Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, 1408, and Pet Sematary
- Jennifer Michelle Greenberg born Jennifer Michelle Grassman December 8, 1984 in Austin, Texas is an American author and independent music recording
- Jill Greenberg born July 10, 1967 is an American photographer and Pop artist. She is known for her portraits and fine art work that often features anthropomorphized
- Robbie Greenberg is an American film and television cinematographer best known for films including Free Willy. Bizarre Devices 1973 Lucifer s Women
- Rowland Charles Wentworth Greenberg 28 August 1920 in Oslo 2 April 1994 was a Norwegian jazz musician trumpet seen by many as one of the foremost