★ Rudyard Kiplings Jungle Book
The jungle book is a 1942 independent flashy adventure film Hungarian Korda brothers, based screenplay adaptation Laurence Stallings Rudyard Kiplings the jungle Book, about a wild boy who kidnaps residents that are cruel to animals because they try to steal the dead kings cursed treasure.
Directed by Zoltan Korda, produced by his brother Alexander and art directed at their younger brother Vincent. The film was Lee Garmes and W. Howard Greene and music by composer Miklos Rozsa. The film starred Sabu as Mowgli. Because of the war, the British Korda brothers had moved their film making to Hollywood in 1940, and jungle Book is one of the films they made during that Hollywood period.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
In the Indian village, Buldeo, an elderly storyteller, is paid by a visiting British memsahib to tell a story of his youth. He talks about jungle animals and a constant threat to human life is a jungle. Then he remembers about his early life:
In his youth he dreams that his village could one day become an important town and that the jungle could be conquered. However, when he talks about these dreams, attacks Shere Khan, the tiger leads to the death of a man and the loss of a child-Man. The child is adopted by wolves in the jungle and grows to be the wild youth Mowgli. Years later, Mowgli is captured the inhabitants and taken in by his mother Messua, though she does not recognize him as his lost child. He learns to speak and tries to imitate men, and will be for Buldeos daughter, Mahala – Buldeos a lot of distress, because he is convinced that the wild Mowgli is dangerous. When Mowgli and mahala explore the jungle, they discover a hidden camera in the ruined Palace containing fabulous wealth. Warned By an old Cobra that the wealth brings death, they leave, but Mahala takes one coin for memory. When Buldeo sees the coin, he tries to force Mowgli to tell him where the treasure is buried, but Mowgli refuses. Buldeo decides to follow Mowgli to the place of the treasure.
Later Mowgli fights and kills Shere Khan, with some last minute help from Kaa, the Python. He hides the body, Buldeo arrives. He threatens Mowgli with a gun, but attack each Mowgli Bagheera, the Black Panther. Buldeo would be convinced that Bagheera is Mowgli, was thrown in the form of a Panther. He tells the villagers that Mowgli is a witch, like his mother. Mowgli chained, and threatened with death, but he escapes with his mother to help. However, she and another villager who is trying to protect her tied up and threatened with burning for witchcraft.
Mowgli is accompanied by the greedy Buldeo and two friends, the priest and the Barber, in the lost city. They find the treasure, including the Golden goad with a large ruby in the safe and go to the village with as much as they can carry. But when they stopped for the night, the priest tries to steal a goad of the proportion of hairdressers and kills him when the Barber wakes up. The priest unconvincingly tells Buldeo that the Barber had attacked him and that he killed in self-defense, but Buldeo knows better. The next day, attacks the priest Buldeo when he had his back turned, but Buldeo knocks him into the swamp where he was killed by a crocodile. Mowgli, who was chasing people, said Bagheera to chase Buldeo, the only survivor from the jungle, and Buldeo runs for his life, swinging a treasure what to wear.
Enraged and intoxicated, Buldeo tries to kill Mowgli, and even the jungle, starting a forest fire. The fire is raging, but the wind turns and threatens the village. The inhabitants flee, but Mowglis mother and her lawyer are trapped. Mowgli brings elephants into the village and breaks into the house, ran down to the river with his mother, Mahala and other villagers. He was invited to follow them down the river to a new life, but refuses to leave the jungle, returning to help animals trapped in the fire.
The scene returns to the present day with the elderly Buldeo telling her story and admit that the jungle lose their youthful dreams, and because of his actions, his reputation was destroyed. When asked what became of Mowgli and his daughter and how he escaped from the fire himself, he looks into the camera and says its a different story.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- John Qualen as the Barber.
- Joseph Calleia as Buldeo.
- Patricia To as Mahala.
- Rosemary Descamps as Messua.
- Ralph Byrd as Durgaived.
- Noble Johnson as the Sikh.
- Sabu as Mowgli. (Сабу как Маугли)
- Frank Puglia as a scientist.
- Faith brook as a British girl.
3. Production. (Производство)
In 1940, the three Korda brothers left London to Hollywood, where two of their films, which started production in the UK was completed: the Thief of Bagdad Lady Hamilton.
Organizations artists lent Alexander Korda $300.000 for funding the production of the Jungle Book, which was produced by the American company he created for his Hollywood productions: Alexander Korda films, Inc.
Adaptation Laurence Stallings was criticized for being too far from the original, as well as frequent disagreements between the brothers Alexander and zoltán will not help. Zoltan wanted underplayed realistic story while Alex favoured an exuberant fantasist epic the. Alex, as always, succeeded in the end.
The film was a success at the box office. In the United States, its 1942 release earned $ 1.3 million at the box office, making it one of the best of the United Artists three highest-grossing films of that time. In the United Kingdom, his 1948 re-release earned £86.089 $344.356.
In France, he was one of the ten highest-grossing films of 1946, based 5.084.962 reception at the box office. On average, the late 1940-ies admission price of 50 francs, this was equivalent to 254.248.100 francs 727.088$. Total films from the U.S. and France releases, and the British release, was about 2.4 million US dollars, equivalent to 81 million dollars, adjusted for inflation.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has the critical endorsement of 50%, based on 12 reviews, with an average rating of 6.9 / 10.
5. Awards. (Награды)
The film was nominated for four Academy awards.Nominated
- Best Cinematography. (Лучшая Операторская Работа)
- Best Visual Effects Lawrence W. Butler, William H. Wilmarth.
- Best Art-Interior Decoration, Color Vincent Korda, Julia Heron.
- Best Original Score. (Лучший Оригинальный Счет)
6. The album of the soundtrack. (Альбом саундтрека)
In 1943, the movies, the result, in a recording made directly from the soundtrack was released on both 78 rpm record album with narration Saba, movies, stars, added. It was the first commercial recordings of non-musical American movies the score should be released. The album was successful.
Although the film is in the public domain, the master 35mm elements with ITV studios global entertainment. Currently, the official video release is available through the criterion collection.
- The Jungle Book 1894 is a collection of stories by the English author Rudyard Kipling Most of the characters are animals such as Shere Khan the tiger
- The Jungle Book is a Disney media franchise that commenced in 1967 with the theatrical release of The Jungle Book It is based on Rudyard Kipling s works
- Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book also known simply as The Jungle Book is a 1994 live - action American adventure film co - written and directed by Stephen
- list of characters that appear in Rudyard Kipling s Jungle Book story collection, its sequel The Second Jungle Book and the various film adaptations
- was born in India, which inspired much of his work. Kipling s works of fiction include The Jungle Book 1894 Kim 1901 and many short stories, including
- The Second Jungle Book is a sequel to The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling First published in 1895, it features five stories about Mowgli and three unrelated
- Andrews, October 10, 1923 A Book of Words 1928 Something of Myself 1937 Rudyard Kipling s Uncollected Speeches: A Second Book of Words 2008 ed. Thomas
- or Big Wolf is a fictional character in Rudyard Kipling s stories, The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book He is the leader of the Seeonee pack of
- The Scouting program has used themes from The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling since 1916. In 1914 Robert Baden - Powell announced a Junior Section for Scouting
- being extensively rewritten by others. The book has a theme based on Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book jungle setting and characters. In 1914, The Boy Scouts
- fictional character featured in Rudyard Kipling s Mowgli stories, collected in The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book She is a female Indian wolf
- roles. It is a live action adaptation of Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book not based on The Second Jungle Book as its title would suggest The film was
- The Jungle Book is an 1894 collection of stories written by Rudyard Kipling inspired by his life in India. The Jungle Book or Jungle Book may also refer
- of Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book stories. He is a naked feral child from the Pench area in Seoni, India, who originally appeared in Kipling s short
- Web. 10 May 2013. Kipling Rudyard The Jungle Book New York: Sterling Publishing, 2007. Kipling Rudyard The Second Jungle Book Middlesex: The Echo
- Hindi: बन दर - ल ग is a term used in Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book to describe the monkeys of the Seeonee jungle In Hindi, Bandar means monkey and
- Based on Rudyard Kipling s eponymous collective works and inspired by Walt Disney s 1967 animated film of the same name, The Jungle Book is a live - action CGI
- edition of The Two Jungle Books 1895 a compilation of The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book both by his son, Rudyard Kipling Bas - relief from a
- animal companions, created by Rudyard Kipling and featured in Kipling s The Jungle Book 1894 and The Second Jungle Book 1895 The stories are written
- The Jungle Book is a 3D CGI animated television series. This series is based on the original book by Rudyard Kipling The adventures of Mowgli, a human
- Naulakha, also known as the Rudyard Kipling House, is a historic Shingle Style house on Kipling Road in Dummerston, Vermont, a few miles outside Brattleboro
- Red Dog is a Mowgli story by Rudyard Kipling Written at Kipling s home in Brattleboro, Vermont between February and March 1895, it was first published
- The Jungle Book is a 1967 American animated musical comedy film produced by Walt Disney Productions. Based on Rudyard Kipling s book of the same name
- Messua may be: Messua Jungle books a fictional character in Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book Messua spider a genus of
- Mowgli s Brothers is a 1976 television animated special directed by American animator Chuck Jones. It is based on the first chapter of Rudyard Kipling s The
- derived from Akela, The Lone Wolf from Rudyard Kipling s Jungle Book Other salticid genera with names of Kipling s characters are Bagheera, Messua and Nagaina
- Jungle Book Shōnen Mowgli ジャングルブック 少年モーグリ, Janguru Bukku Shōnen Mōguri is a Japanese - Italian anime adaptation of Rudyard Kipling s original collection
- eating place for pizzas and pastas. Its new chosen theme was Rudyard Kipling s Jungle Book especially its Disney adaptation. Though not entirely, most
- a main fictional character featured in Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book from 1894 and The Second Jungle Book from 1895. Baloo, a sloth bear, is the strict
- film a 2018 Marathi fantasy film Raksha The Jungle Book a character from Rudyard Kipling s The Jungle Book Raksha Khadase born 1987 Indian politician