★ Cannibal Ferox
Cannibal Ferox also known as make them die slowly in the us and as a woman from deep river in Australia, in 1981 Italian cannibal exploitation horror from writer-Director Umberto Lenzi. After his release, the films US distributor claimed it was "the most brutal film ever made". Cannibal Ferox was also claimed to be "banned in 31 countries", although this claim is questionable.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
In Paraguay, brothers Rudy and Gloria and their friend Pat, prepare for a trip to the rain forest. They plan to prove the theory of Glorias that cannibalism is a myth. Trio to face with a man named Mike and his partner Joe. Joe is badly injured, Mike explains that they were attacked by cannibals. During the night, Gloria goes missing, and Rudy finds his native village, looking up at her.
Because of Vaska injuries, the travelers decided to stay in an almost abandoned village. Mike seduces the naive Pat. In a cocaine-fueled rage, he encourages Pat to kill a native girl. She is unable to do this, so Mike kills the girl. In his dying moments, Joe reveals that he and Mike were responsible for the cannibals of aggression. They came to the region to exploit the natives for emeralds and cocaine, taking advantage of their trust in white people. Once, while high on cocaine, Mike brutally tortured and killed their native guide in front of the whole tribe. A badly burned body, thought that other guide, in fact it is native. Mike kidnapped a native girl to lead them out of the jungle, but the aliens were attacking.
After the murder of a native girl, the cannibals finally snap and hunt the aliens. Joe dies from his wounds, and his body was found and dismantled by local residents in view of Rudy and Gloria, who are hiding from the natives. Mike and Pat to abandon the others, but they all captured the natives and forced into a cage. Prisoners are forced to watch Mike as he was tortured, castrated and beaten. The natives are transporting prisoners to another village, but Rudy manages to escape. Hes trapped in the jungle, and his bleeding wounds to attract piranhas. He begs the natives to help him. The natives shoot him with a poison dart, and he died instantly in front of everyone.
PAT and Gloria are put in a hole in the ground. Mike is placed in a separate cage. The native man that Pat saved from Mike of aggression, lowers the rope into the hole, so women can avoid. Mike digs his way out of the cage, chases the man off, and cuts the rope, preventing the women from escaping. Mike runs into the jungle, where he tries to attract the attention of search and rescue aircraft, but he is recaptured. The natives Sever one of his arms and dragged him back to the village. Search plane lands, but the natives say that the rescuers outsiders canoe capsized in the river and they were eaten by crocodiles.
The search party leaves, Pat tied up and stripped to the waist and the natives run the hooks through her chest, for her to be hung up on them. Gloria can only watch how Pat will die a slow and painful death. Meanwhile, Mike head locked in raw cunning and the upper part of the skull is cut away so that the natives can eat it naked brain. During the night, the sympathetic native returns and frees Gloria. He leads her through the jungle, but the victim falls into one of the natives of the traps. Gloria eventually faced with a couple of trappers, who take her to a safe place. Instead of telling a true story, it tells of the natives lies about others, to be eaten by crocodiles.
Gloria, deeply disturbed by his experience, returns to civilization. It publishes a book called cannibalism: end of a myth, which is to support her theory, and covers the events of her test.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Giovanni Lombardo Radice John Morgen as Mike Logan.
- Frank von Kuegelgen as Mike Logan English dub voice, uncredited.
- Lorraine de selle as Gloria Davis.
- PAT stark as Gloria Davis voice, uncredited.
- Danilo Mattei as Brian Redford, Rudy Davis.
- Gregory Snegoff as Rudy Davis voice, uncredited.
- Hotel Zora Kerova as Zora Kerowa as Pat Johnson.
- Walter Lucchini as Walter Lloyd, Joe Costolani.
- Andy Luotto as Joe Costolani voice, uncredited.
- Edward Mannix as Lieutenant Rizzo voice, uncredited.
- Robert Kerman as Lt. Rizzo.
- Fiamma Maglione, as Meg Fleming as peaceful Stenn.
- Susan Spafford as peaceful Stenn voice, uncredited.
- Richard McNamara as the Brooklyn gangster voice, uncredited.
- John Bart as the Brooklyn gangster.
- Venantino Venantini as Sergeant Ross.
- Lewis E. Ciannelli as Sergeant Ross voice, uncredited.
- El Indio Rincon as Juanito.
- Dominic Raacke as Tim Barrett uncredited.
- Steven Luotto as Tim Barretts voice, uncredited.
- In Perry Pirkanen as Paul uncredited.
- Larry Dolgin in a small voice, uncredited.
3. Release. (Релиз)
Cannibal Ferox was released uncut on video in the United Kingdom circa 1982 by analyze, but the film is transgressive imagery and scenes of real animal torture and slaughter resulted in the film immediately banned under the obscene publications act, finding themselves languishing for many years on the video nasties list. At the beginning of the DVD version available in the UK is missing around six minutes of footage, mostly scenes of violence and cruelty towards animals, which is cut them to the BBFC website for the customers. The full version of the film was presented to the Council in 2018, and again got 2 minutes of cuts to the violence of animals.
In Australia, where it was released as a woman from deep river, the film also faced with the problem of censorship, given the numerous censored releases. In 2005, uncut version was released on DVD siren visual called cannibal Ferox.
In the United States, cannibal Ferox with you.to.and. Make them die slowly "original, uncensored Directors cut" was released by Grindhouse releasing in the late 1990-ies. Grindhouse is still the sole official licensed distributor of the film in North America. 22 may 2015, in "Grindhouse", released the film in 3-disc Blu-ray and DVD feature films for the first time on Blu-ray disc. Blu-ray showed a documentary eaten alive! The rise and fall of the Italian cannibal film and a 12-page booklet.
4. Critical reception. (Критический прием)
On rotten tomatoes, the film has a approval rating of 40% based on five reviews. Tcm movie database called the film "revolting", but "sickeningly effective", though noting that it is "primarily a showcase for the mountains of special effects artistry of Gianetto De Rossi". Some critics criticized the film for its depictions of animal cruelty, poor acting and lines, and sexism.
5. Music. (Музыка)
The films soundtrack was written and performed by Roberto Donati and Fiamma Maglione credited under their joint alias Budy Maglione. This result was first released in 1998 on CD black heart media. This CD version also contains Fabio Frizzis score for zombies. In 2014, the soundtrack to cannibal Ferox was re-released on vinyl and cassette in one way static records. The vinyl edition contains four bonus tracks and a great live recording of Roberto Donati and the movies, actors and crew.
- claims regarding the film s notoriety. For instance, the posters for Cannibal Ferox claimed that the film was banned in 31 countries, while the British
- Pseudopanax ferox a small tree endemic to New Zealand also known as the toothed lancewood Urtica ferox a poisonous tree of New Zealand Cannibal Ferox a 1981
- Alepisaurus ferox the long snouted lancetfish, longnose lancetfish, or cannibal fish, is a species of lancetfish found in the ocean depths down to 1, 830
- reportedly stated that he wished he had never portrayed Mike Logan in Cannibal Ferox criticizing the movie for being both fascist and racist and abusive
- her roles in the horror films The House on the Edge of the Park and Cannibal Ferox co - starring with Giovanni Lombardo Radice in both. After retiring from
- restore the stylish Italian horror films from the 1970s and 1980s such as Cannibal Ferox Make Them Die Slowly Lucio Fulci s The Beyond ..E tu vivrai nel
- followed by starring in cult horror films such as Antropophagus 1980 Cannibal Ferox 1981 and Lucio Fulci s The New York Ripper 1982 She later appeared
- convicted of financial impropriety in 2003 Gloria Davis, character in Cannibal Ferox Gloria Davis, character in Lullaby of Broadway film Gloria Davy, Swiss
- television show as proof. Cannibal Holocaust 1980 - Jack Anders City of the Living Dead 1980 - The Blonde Gravedigger Cannibal Ferox 1981 - Paul uncredited
- Italian cannibal films, with Man from the Deep River, a genre that he would explore again in the 1980s with Eaten Alive and Cannibal Ferox During the
- films, including Ruggero Deodato s Cannibal Holocaust, and Umberto Lenzi s cannibal films Mangiati Vivi and Cannibal Ferox Still, he remained active in pornography
- the Cannibal God 1978 The Great Alligator River 1979 Island of the Fishmen 1979 Concorde Affaire 79 1979 Eaten Alive 1980 Cannibal Ferox 1980
- Aconitum ferox syn. A. virorum is a member of the monkshood genus Aconitum of the Ranunculaceae. The common name by which it is most often known in
- from Deep River famous and his most famous work, Cannibal Ferox Other than being the first cannibal film, Man from Deep River is also notorious for several
- basements for such merchandise. Examples of indizierte films include Cannibal Ferox Cannibal Holocaust, Last House on the Left, From Dusk Till Dawn, and Dario
- Terror Express 1979 City of the Living Dead 1980 Contraband 1980 Cannibal Ferox 1981 The New Barbarians 1982 Exterminators of the Year 3000 1983
- 1989, by Caroline Records. It is named after the 1981 horror film Cannibal Ferox which was originally released in the US as Make Them Die Slowly. There
- a.k.a. The Beyond as well as Italian cannibal films Make Them Die Slowly a.k.a. Cannibal Ferox Cannibal Holocaust, American cult film I Drink Your
- 2011. Muir 2010, pp. 228 230. Young 2000, p. 80. Firsching, Robert. Cannibal Ferox AllMovie. Retrieved August 7, 2011. Erickson, Hal. Cataclysm AllMovie
- also said that he was inspired by such Italian cannibal films as Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox On July 30, 2013, it was announced that The Green
- Releasing BOS DVD releases of Cat in the Brain, Pieces, Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox I Drink Your Blood The Swimmer Blu - ray Retrieved 30 October
- films include Ultimo mondo cannibale 1977 and Cannibal Ferox 1981 Later horror films to feature cannibal groups include The Hills Have Eyes series, with
- Lorraine De Selle and Zora Ulla Keslerova sing the song in video nasty Cannibal Ferox 1987, An electronic rendition of Red River Rock was recorded by Silicon
- 1976 - Gestapo Agent Everything Happens to Me 1980 - Police Chief Cannibal Ferox 1981 - Mafioso Willis, John 1983 Screen World 1967. Biblo Tannen
- as a horror film due to Lenzi s fame as a director of films such as Cannibal Ferox and Eaten Alive The film was released on Region 0 NTSC DVD by NoShame
- Row 1982 Cannibal Apocalypse 1980 Cannibal Campout 1988 Cannibal Ferox 1981 Cannibal Girls 1973 Cannibal Holocaust 1980 Cannibal King 1915
- Flesh Hunters Released with 2 seconds cut to animal cruelty in 2005. Cannibal Ferox also known as Make Them Die Slowly Released with approximately 6
- Boys From Brazil 1978 a film about Nazi - hunters in Paraguay Cannibal Ferox 1981 cannibal shock film set in Paraguay The Honorary Consul aka Beyond
- the controversial 1980 Cannibal Holocaust, in which six animals are killed. Others include Cannibal Ferox Eaten Alive Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle
- from films such as Return Trip which contains a sample of the film Cannibal Ferox The horror film samples came from video nasties passed under the table