Barpeta ˈpeɪtə / bəˈpi:tə) is a city in Barpeta district of Assam state in India and district headquarters. The town lies 90 kilometres North-West of the city and is one of the largest cities in Western Assam. It is also called satra Nagari Assam due to the presence of different Vaishnavite Satras in the immediate vicinity.
1. Geography. (География)
It is located at 26.32°n 91.0°e / 26.32, 91.0. It has an average elevation of 35 meters 114 feet. It is 40 km from Manas National Park. Three rivers - Chaulkhowa, Mora Nodi dead river and Nakhanda, both of which are tributaries to Brahmaputra run through the town.
2. History. (История)
In Barpeta was formerly known as Tatikuchi, where the Tachi and cluster a heap of funds from the village weaver in the native language of Kamrupi, i.e. the land of weavers. In ancient times, it was a Central part of the former ancient not included in Kamapitha of Kamarupa Pithas, ancient divisions of the old field there. In the nineteenth century, Barpeta town and adjoining areas became part of the indivisible there is no area like Barpeta subdivision. In 1983, the division attained district status.
3. Demographics. (Демография)
According to the census of India 2011, Barpeta had a population of 42.649. The number of children aged 0-6 3673 which is 8.61% of the total population of Barpeta. Female sex ratio of 1008 against state average of 958. In addition, the sex ratio of children in Barpeta is around 994 compared to Assam state average of 962. The literacy rate of Barpeta city is 90.77% higher than state average of 72.19%. In Barpeta, men literacy is around 94.86% while female literacy rate is 86.73%.
4. Climate. (Климат)
Barpeta has a subtropical climate, with cold winters and hot humid summers.However, people here can enjoy both winter and hot.On a hot day, sometimes in this city after a high of 35 C to 39 C, high warm.Even if we believe it is too hot, we dont cause any harm to the human body.Even after the winter, people from the village near Barpeta town bathed in the river - pond
5. Policy. (Политика)
Barpeta is part of the Barpeta constituency in the Lok Sabha. President Fakaruddin Indian Ali Ahmed was MLA from Jania Lac and MP from Barpeta constituency. Syed Abdur Rouf, A. f, Gholam Osmani and other famous faces presented Barpeta in the Constitutional Assembly. There are 7 nose assemblies of voters in the district. Those Jania, Baghbar, Conditions, Sarukhetri, Bhabanipur, transferred and Barpeta.
6. Transport. (Транспорт)
The nearest railway station, airport and port Barpeta road, international airport lokpriya Gopinath bordoloi and Dhubri, respectively. Barpeta town is connected to national highway 31 via Howly, and the national highway 427 via the Hyo-Doulashal connects it to Guwahati.
7. Famous people. (Известные люди)
- Rameswar Pathak, Kamrupi Lokgeet singer.
- Ambikagiri Raichoudhury, poet and nationalist.
- Banikanta Kakati, linguist. (Kakati Banikanta, языковед)
- Mohan Mahendra Chaudhry, the fourth chief Minister of Assam.
- Colonel guruprasads Das, the inventor of the vacuum brake for trains.
- Kalpana Patowary, a singer.
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed fifth President of India.
- Bharati Chandra, poet. (Бхарати Чандра, поэт)
- Barpeta Road is a town and a municipal board in Barpeta district in the state of Assam, India. The town is 165 feet 50 meters above the sea level. As
- Barpeta Satra Assamese: বৰপ ট সত ৰ is a well - known sattra situated at Barpeta in the Indian state of Assam. It was established by vaishnavite saint
- Barpeta Road railway station is a main railway station in Barpeta district, Assam. Its code is BPRD. It serves Barpeta Road city. The station consists
- Barpeta Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 14 Lok Sabha constituencies in Assam state in north - eastern India. Barpeta Lok Sabha constituency is composed
- U. N. Academy, Barpeta Road is a primary, upper primary, and secondary school located in Barpeta Road, India. It was established in 2002, and its management
- Barpeta Girls College is an undergraduate college established in the year 1978 at Barpeta of Barpeta district in Assam. The college is affiliated to
- Barpeta Vidhan Sabha constituency is one of the 126 assembly constituencies of Assam a Northeastern state of India. Barpeta is also part of Barpeta
- Satra holding village of Barpeta District, Assam, India. The village is located 10 km far west from District head quarters Barpeta and 100 km far from State
- Mary s High School is a Missionary school in Barpeta Road, Assam, India. It is situated in the district of Barpeta in the state of Assam. Although primarily
- Barpeta Barpeta B.T. College Barpeta Asom sikshak prashiksan Mahavidyalaya, Lankeswar Ataur Rahman College of Education, Udmari Kalgachi Barpeta
- Mandia is a developed village in the Barpeta district of Assam, India. It is located along the Bhelengi River. Nearby villages include Satra Kanara, Bhatkuchi
- belonging to Indian National Congress party and Member of Parliament from Barpeta constituency of Assam. Previously he served as a member ofAssam Legislative
- 1992 and was elected as Member of Legislative Assembly from Sorbhog in Barpeta district in 2011. From 2011 to 2016, he was the deputy leader of the BJP
- Padmapara High School was established in 1981 in the south east corner of Barpeta district at Padmapara Village, Assam, India. Md Mulam Khan was the first
- village of Barpeta District, Assam, India. Radhakuchi is located in Barpeta district in Assam, India. It is situated 11 km away from Barpeta which is
- Sarupeta is a town in Barpeta district, India. The town is located 90 kilometres 56 mi north west of Gauhati. The word Sarupeta derives from Saru
- Manoj Kumar Das is an Indian musician from Barpeta Assam. As a Khol player, he is known to have contributed towards the propagation of the culture of
- former MPs of Indian parliament from Barpeta constituency. Khan was born in a small village kumullipara in Barpeta Assam, and completed his education
- Nagaon is a village in Barpeta district, situated in the north bank of the river Brahmaputra. The village is near Hajo Doulashal road National Highway
- Satra: Auniati.org. Retrieved 15 June 2013. a website on Barpeta Satra, Barpeta Assam Barpeta Satra.com. Retrieved 15 June 2013. Web.com india Pvt. Ltd
- 1996 album by Pakistani singer Ali Haider Jania, Barpeta district, a Satra holding village of Barpeta District, Assam, India Jania Vidhan Sabha constituency
- village of Barpeta District in the Indian state of Assam. It is located in the south west corner of the district, which has its headquarters in Barpeta There
- Kalgachia is a sub - urban town in Barpeta district, Assam, India. It is 33 kilometres 21 mi west of district headquarters Barpeta It is not clear when the
- from the Sarbhog constituency. He was elected to the Lok Sabha twice from Barpeta in 1991 and 1996. He is a member of the Central Committee of CPI M He
- an undergraduate college established in the year 1970 at Sarthebari of Barpeta district in Assam. The college is affiliated to Gauhati University. In
- an undergraduate college established in the year 1982 at Bhawanipur of Barpeta district in Assam. The college is affiliated to Gauhati University. In
- Barpeta Lok Sabha constituency along with 9 other assembly segments, namely, Bongaigaon and Abhayapuri South in this district, Patacharkuchi, Barpeta
- Pathsala railway station is the single railway station in Pathsala, in Barpeta District of Assam, India. It is under Railway Zone Northeast Frontier Railway
- Barpeta Lok Sabha constituency along with 9 other assembly segments, namely, Bongaigaon and Abhayapuri North in this district, Patacharkuchi, Barpeta
- Barbhitha High School is situated in the southwestern part of Barpeta District, and was founded in 1947 under Kalgachia revenue circle. Barbhitha High
Users also searched: