★ Garfield: The Movie
Garfield the movie is 2004 American live-action / computer-animated Comedy film directed by Peter Hewitt inspired by the Jim Davis comic of the same name. It stars Breckin Meyer as Jon arbuckle, Jennifer Love Hewitt as Dr. Liz Wilson, and features bill Murray, voice of Garfield. Garfield was created using computer animation, while all other animals were real. The film was produced by Davis entertainment company and is distributed for 20th Century Fox. Garfield: the movie was released in the United States on 11 June 2004. While the film received negative reviews from critics, box office success, grossing 0 million on a budget of millions. A sequel, Garfield: a tail of two kitties, was released in June 2006.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
Garfield fat, lazy and carefree ginger cat, who lives with his owner Jon Arbuckle. Garfield passes his time clashing with John and teasing his aggressive neighbor, Luke, the Doberman. In addition to John, Garfield maintains friendly relations with a useful mouse, Louis. He also communicates with his fellow neighborhood cats, including Garfield the stooge Nermal, Arlene.
Meanwhile, local television host, happy Chapman, known for his cat "Persnikitty" is introduced as supposedly a happy man. In reality, hes allergic to cats, jealous of his brother Walter J. Chapman, a reporter, and destined to be more successful, performing on TV show good day new York. John has a habit of bringing Garfield to the vet to see the vet Dr. Liz Wilson, whom he loves. John tries to ask her out, but because of a misunderstanding, he gets custody of the dog named Odie, whos cute, playful and friendly. Despite this, John and Liz do start Dating. Garfield however, begins not like Odie and trying to get rid of it from home for revenge. Odie is brought to a dog talent show, where Liz is a judge. Garfield gets involved in a fight with other dogs, which moves Odie to the center of the ring, where he begins dancing to "Hey Mama" from black eyed peas.
His impromptu performance is a hit. Happy Chapman, who is also the judge of the dog show is impressed with Odie and Jon offers TV online for Odie, but Jon refuses to make happy more determined than ever to surpass his brother. When Garfield comes back, he hits the ball in frustration, causing a chain reaction that trashes the house Jons. When John finds his house in ruins later, he forces Garfield to sleep outside for the night. Heartbroken, sad Garfield sings "new dog state of mind." When Odie comes out to comfort Garfield, he gets inside and locks Odie with a purpose. Nermal, Arlene witnessed this, as Odie runs away where he then picked up an elderly woman named Mrs. Baker. John searches with Liz on Odie while the neighborhood animals accuse Garfield of the castle ODI and makes his escape the night before while Garfield States that it protects the lawn and didnt want Odie to run away. Meanwhile, Chapman and his assistant Wendell to find notice Mrs. Baker created Odie and recognizing the lucrative possibilities, claim Odie as Happys own, instantly abducts Odie, and gives Mrs. Baker autograph.
When Garfield sees Odie on television and hears Chapman to announce he and Odie are going to new York, Garfield sets off to rescue Odie. John discovers Garfield too short, so he signals to Liz to begin searching for him. Garfield gets into the tower through the vents, but he is blown around violently. Garfield finds Odie locked up in the kennel, but Chapman enters and secures the collar to Odie, which, when activated, releases an electric discharge that forces him to perform tricks.
Chapman heads to the train station with Garfield in close pursuit. However, an employee of the animal control catches Garfield taking him as a stray. Meanwhile, Ms. Baker says that John Chapman took Odie makes him believe that Garfield was taken too Chapman, John and Liz race on the Telegraph tower, and then to the train station after training, Chapman left. At the same time Garfield is released from the pound to Chapman abandoned feline star, Persnikitty who actually named sir Roland, along with other animals. Board Chapman in new York on the train, with Odie in the Luggage car. Garfield arrives only to see the train depart. Garfield sneaks into the train system control room and frantically switches the tracks leading to the impending disaster. Garfield strikes emergency situations and the reasons Chapman / supervising the train to return to the station. Garfield frees Odie and they exit the train. However, Chapman drives them and in the end the two corners in the corner of a suitcase. Chapman threatens Odie with the collar, but stopped Garfields friends and Pets from the pound, led by sir Roland. They swarm and attack Chapman, allowing Odie and Garfields escape.
The shock collar is now on Chapman, which beat a current. Jon and Liz arrive to pick up animals and find Chapman disoriented. John Chapman strikes for burglary "and" their Pets in the first place, and leaves with Liz and the two animals. Chapman was arrested for his alleged involvement with the trains, and also for the kidnapping Odie. Garfield gains the respect of his animal friends as a hero. After returning home, Liz and John to form a relationship, and Garfield learned his lesson about friendship.
2.1. Cast. Live actors action. (Живыми актерами действий)
- Juliette Goglia as little girl.
- Eve Brent as Mrs. Baker.
- Stephen Tobolowsky as happy Chapman, a local broadcaster and his brother Walter j. Chapman.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt as Dr. Liz Wilson, Garfield vet who became a girl Jaune in the end.
- Joe Ochman as engineer.
- Evan Arnold as Wendell, Happys Butler.
- Mark Christopher Lawrence As Christopher Mello.
- Leyna Nguyen as reporter.
- Joe bays as raccoon Lodge member.
- Rufus Gifford as dog owner #1.
- Evan Helmuth as steward.
- Breckin Meyer as Jon arbuckle, Garfields and owner oversight.
Creator of Garfield Jim Davis appeared in the credits of a drunken party, but his role was cut from the final version of the film.
2.2. Cast. Voice actors. (Голоса актеров)
- Nick cannon as Louis, a friendly mouse.
- Wyatt Smith, Jordan Kaiser and Alison Stoner as a nameless baby rats baby rat number 1, guy # 2 and Rat baby rat No. 3, respectively.
- Alan cumming as Persnikitty, he renames himself "sir Roland", quick-tempered cat.
- Brad Garrett as Luca, a temperamental Doberman Pinscher that guards the house next door to Garfield.
- Jimmy Kimmel as Spanky unnamed in the film.
- Richard kind as dad rat.
- Debra Jo Rupp as mom rat.
- Bill Murray as Garfield, of Jons overweight, lethargic, arrogant and carefree red cat.
- David Eigenberg as Nermal, the Garfield minded friend.
- Debra messing as Arlene, Garfields girlfriend.
3. Production. (Производство)
The film was shot by Director Peter Hewitt, produced by Davis entertainment for 20th Century Fox, and stars Breckin Meyer as Jon arbuckle, Jennifer Love Hewitt as Dr. Liz Wilson, and features bill Murray, voice of Garfield. Bill Murray took a role just like Garfield because he confused the name of the script writers, Joel Coen, Joel Coen for Coen brothers. He took the position, quickly leafing through the script.
Shooting was in several places, including stations of the Los Angeles railway locomotives and rolling stock are presented in several scenes. Chuck E. cheese is mentioned in the film when Garfield goes to the vet while she was told and shown many times throughout the film.
Jim Carrey, Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler was considered for the role of John, but all three of them were deemed too expensive. Jennifer garner was considered for the role of Liz, and brad Dourif and Michael Ironside was considered for the game happy Chapman. Ironside was cast, but he dropped out after just one day due to scheduling conflicts with Reno 911.
Jack Nicholson was offered the role of Garfield.
According to Jim Davis, Murray recorded his dialogue in his apartment in new York and on the set of the life Aquatic with Steve Zissou in Greece.
4. Release. (Релиз)
The film was released in theaters on 11 June 2004, 20th Century Fox, which was 8 days before Garfields 26 years. In theaters, it included Ice age short films, went awry.
Home media. (Домашний медиа)
Garfield: the movie was released by 20th Century Fox home entertainment on VHS and DVD October 19, 2004. Features includes behind the scenes footage, deleted scenes, and the people Music Video Bachs "Ola!". The film was released on 3-disc Blu-ray on 11 October 2011. The 3D version was released 16 APR 2013.
5. Music. (Музыка)
Baja men sang the song "holla!" for the film and its soundtrack. Music video premiered in early summer 2004 and presented clips from the film and gags obvious references to the Garfield franchise, such as lasagna jokes.
6.1. Welcome Critical reception. (Критический прием)
Garfield: the movie received mostly negative reviews from critics. On rotten tomatoes the film has a approval rating of 15% based on 136 reviews with an average rating of 3.5 / 10. The sites critical consensus States: "When establishing the novelty of the CGI Garfield ends, whats left is a simplistic kiddie movie". On Metacritic the film has a score of 27 out of 100, based on 31 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". Spectators interviewed by the Agency CinemaScore gave the film a average score of "B" with " in scale F.
Roger Ebert gave the film a positive review, rating it three out of four stars, saying the film was "charming".
Joe leydon of Variety magazine wrote: "only very small children still easily impressed by interaction of actors and CGI quadrupeds will be in awe of Garfield." A. O. Scott of the new York times wrote: "what Garfield says is arrogant, world-weary drawl bill Murray for some small solace, as a few tricks of animals."
6.2. Welcome The Murrays response. (Ответ Мюрреи)
Murray said in an interview with GQ magazine that he was confused when he agreed to play the voice of Garfield for the film.
I thought it would be funny, because the voice is challenging, and I would never do. Plus, I looked at the script and he said, "so-and-so and Joel Coen." And I thought: Christ, well, I love those coens! Theyre funny. So I kind of read a few pages and thought that, Yes, I would like to do it.
So they went and made the film, and I forgot all about it. Finally, I went to Los Angeles to record his lines. And usually when youre looping a movie, if it takes two days, its a lot. I dont know if I should tell this story, because its mean spirited. What the hell? Its interesting. So I worked all day and kept going, "this is the line? Well, I cant say that". And you sit there and go, what can I say that will make this funny? And make it make sense? And I was working. I was tired, soaked from sweat, and the lines got worse and worse. And I said, "Okay, you better show me the rest of the film, so we see that dealing with." So I sat down and watched the whole thing, and I kept saying, "Who the hell cut this thing? Who did this? What the *censored* was Coen thinking?" And then they explained to me: it wasnt written by that Joel Coen.
Murray reprised her role two years later in Cohen jointly penned Garfield: a tail of two kitties.
In Zombieland, when bill Murray plays himself shot he asked if he had any regrets before I die. He says: "Garfield, maybe".
6.3. Welcome The checkout. (Кассе)
Movies bitingly bad reviews and bad word of mouth led to a precipitous drop at the box office. Having 11.548.898 $3.307 from the screens on the first weekend, it fell by 67% to $3.924.921 next weekend, i.e. on average charge from $1.158 on the screen. The film is made on 85 percent of total domestic gross in the first 10 days and died in the future, the profit is reduced by another 75 percent by the end of the third week to $ 1 million. Next week, prior to earnings total $205.745, Fox 2000 pictures, trying to reduce their costs by reducing the number of screens on which the film was shown. The number was reduced from 2.587 to 641. On its sixth weekend on release, the film is showing on 95 screens and earned $18.993 per week – less than $200 per screen.
The film ultimately earned $21.471.685 in the United States and Canada and $8.253.978 at the international level, for a total of $29.725.663 worldwide, far from its reported production budget of $73 million and $20 million to the cost for marketing. Financially, he is considered one of the most expensive cash bombs in movie history.
In the list of 2006 "TOP 10 biggest failures the office window", kat Giantis of these films placed Garfield: the movie as tied to Garfield: a tail of two kitties on number seven.
- 1997 Garfield and Friends: Volume 1 July 27, 1997 Garfield the Movie October 19, 1997 Garfield s Holiday Celebrations October 26, 1997 Garfield and
- and written by Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow. It is the sequel to the 2004 film Garfield The Movie The film stars Breckin Meyer, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Billy
- syndication from 1978 as Garfield it chronicles the life of the title character, Garfield the cat Jon Arbuckle, his human owner and Odie, the dog. As of 2013
- Garfield: The Movie a 2004 live - action CGI film based on the comic Garfield A Tail of Two Kitties, movie sequel made in 2006 James A. Garfield 1831 1881
- the Garfield comic strip, created by Jim Davis. It includes notable characters from the comic strip as well as cartoons, and movies centered on the Garfield
- The Garfield Show TV series and Garfield Gets Real, Garfield s Fun Fest, Garfield s Pet Force. In the first two Garfield films, Garfield The Movie and
- Andrew Russell Garfield born 20 August 1983 is a British - American actor. He is the recipient of several accolades, including a Tony Award, and has been
- Garfield and Friends is an American animated television series based on the comic strip Garfield by Jim Davis and ran on CBS Saturday mornings from September
- Garfield is a U.S. comic strip created by Jim Davis that has been the subject of numerous television specials. Many of these have been compiled on DVD
- Judith and Garfield Reeves - Stevens are a New York Times - bestselling husband - and - wife writing producing team. In June, 2013, at the Constellation Awards
- Here Comes Garfield is a 1982 animated television special based on the comic strip Garfield by Jim Davis. It was the first half - hour Garfield TV special
- Garfield Gets Real also known as Garfield 3D in some regions is a 2007 American CGI movie starring Garfield It was produced by Paws, Inc. in cooperation
- are based on the movie Garfield A Tail of Two Kitties. You play as Garfield in all versions however, you can switch characters in the PlayStation 2
- Garfield is a city in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city s population was 30, 487, reflecting an increase
- Garfield s Halloween Adventure originally titled Garfield in Disguise is a 1985 American animated television special based on the Garfield comic strip
- Episode overview Garfield Segments one and three U.S. Acres: Segment two List of Garfield and Friends episodes on IMDb Garfield and Friends Episode
- County, California. The school was made famous by the film Stand and Deliver about a teacher named Jaime Escalante. James A. Garfield High School opened
- Birthday, Garfield is an hour - long television special dedicated to the tenth anniversary of the Garfield comic strip, hosted by its creator Jim Davis. The special
- John Garfield born Jacob Julius Garfinkle, March 4, 1913 May 21, 1952 was an American actor who played brooding, rebellious, working - class characters
- Garfield Gets Real is an action video game for the Nintendo DS video game console based on the made - for - cinema CGI movie of the same name starring Garfield
- Garfield s Fun Fest is a 2008 CGI film starring Garfield It was produced by Paws, Inc. in cooperation with The Animation Picture Company and distributed
- The following is a list of episodes from The Garfield Show. The fourth season was announced to be in production in September 2012. The season premiered
- regularly on two feet, instead of all fours, like Garfield In the feature film adaptation Garfield The Movie Odie s ability to walk, and more importantly
- movie Norbit 2007 Daddy Day Camp 2007 The Heartbreak Kid 2007 Garfield Gets Real 2007 Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem 2007 The Express: The Ernie
- directing a Garfield sequel. Hewitt later became attached to direct the 2006 movie Zoom, and so he became unavailable to direct the Garfield sequel, which
- is the voice of the lead girl dog Callie in the feature film Rescue Dogs. Garfield appeared on a variety of television shows including Mad and The Minor
- Thomas Timothy Garfield Morgan 19 April 1931 5 December 2009 known professionally as Garfield Morgan, was an English actor who appeared mostly on
- The 2012 MTV Movie Awards were held on June 3, 2012 at the Universal Amphitheatre, hosted by Russell Brand. The nominees were announced on May 1, and
- from the Garfield comic strip by Jim Davis. He has also appeared in the animated television series Garfield and Friends, the computer - animated The Garfield
- wrote more than thirty books and scripted Shakespeare: The Animated Tales for television. Garfield attended Brighton Grammar School 1932 - 1938 and went