Топ-100 ★ Trausnitz Castle - castle .. Info | About | What's This?
Back

★ Trausnitz Castle - castle ..

Trausnitz Castle
                                     

★ Trausnitz Castle

Trausnitz castle is a medieval castle situated in Landshut, Bavaria in Germany.

It was the home of the Wittelsbach dynasty, and it served as their residence of the Dukes of Lower Bavaria with 1255-1503, and later as place hereditary rulers of the whole of Bavaria. The castle was founded in 1204 by Duke Ludwig I.

                                     

1.1. Lock feature. The Knights Hall. (Рыцарский Зал)

The knights hall of castle Trausnitz belongs to the main buildings of the 13th century and was about 1260 / 70. Room 245 m2 and is divided into two naves, to four "Jochen" hub. Designs which have been used refer to the time period of the so-called "Zisterziensergotik". Today the knights hall is used for banquets holiday for short exposures.

                                     

1.2. Lock feature. Tower Terrace Soller. (Башня Терраса Сольер)

On the "loggia", already called so since 1493, was finished in the 16th century. The tower terrace sports a great view of the city through a circular arc. On the Eastern side there is a stair tower. Wooden ceiling with profiled sockets is descended from the time of Williams stone music platform on the South side of the room. In "sóller" is today used for many different functions, and it holds a maximum of 99 people.

                                     

1.3. Lock feature. White Hall. (Белый Зал)

White hall is on the first floor Durnitz tract and is directly above the knights hall. White hall, probably existed in the 15th century and was probably intended as a big dance floor. It seems that the hall was not finished, because there are no traces of the picture as usual for the castle at this time. About 240 m2 room with high ceilings and two floors of large, is today used for banquets, congratulations, concerts and lectures. Visitors can enjoy a magnificent view of the ancient city of Landshut.

                                     

1.4. Lock feature. Chamber of art and curiosities. (Палата искусств и диковин)

A phenomenon in the Renaissance that proliferated Europe throughout the 16th and 17th centuries, the Cabinet of curiosities was, in fact, a personal collection of rare, unknown and marvelous objects. Popular, visual and encyclopedic approach, these cabinets, or Wunderkammern, included a variety of samples from known and newly discovered worlds. These collections of curious objects that are seemingly not human in nature or an idea that requires the use of human characteristics and qualities to describe their inhuman state.

In the Trausnitz Chamber of art and curiosities, which was organized by Prince William in 1579 and then taken to Munich is a collection of 750 exhibits including works of art, treasures from the East and curiosities typical of the collections owned by rulers in the Renaissance. It was opened in September 2004 as one part of the Bavarian national Museum. The chamber is divided into four different topics. ARTIFICIALA - marvelous legerdemains - contains a luxurious bronze and painting but dwarf thread plum pits. NATURALLY - a miracle of nature - are exposed stuffed animals, unusual horns, mussels and minerals. The hall of Exotica - marvellousness from foreign countries - contains craft of corals, ivory and nacre whereas scientific and scientific-organizing the world - shows scientific instruments of the rational acquisition of the world in 1600.



                                     

2. History. (История)

Trausnitz castle is situated on top of a hill above Landshut. Until the 16th century, it had the same name as the city of Landshut, which translates as "defender of the Earth." Earlier this castle guarded the city and the surrounding land. The size of the castle remained almost unchanged, starting with Louis I the Bavarian in 1204. The castle was completed by the time of the visit of the Emperor Frederick IIS in 1235.

During the first half of the 13th century, Trausnitz represented not only the center of Imperial policy, but the Staufer culture. Vladivostok was visited by the famous singer of singers, including Walter von der Vogelweide and "tannhäuser", during this period. The art patronage of the Dukes of Bavaria was so high that they sent for a sculptor from Strasbourg, who created the decorations for the sculpture that now stands in the castles "is".

Wealthy Duke of Landshut repeatedly renovated and expanded the buildings in Burg Trausnitz in the 15th century. In Durnitz, was built during this time. The outer defensive perimeter walls were strengthened and extended to defensive towers.

Duke Louis X of Bavaria furnished the castle in 1516 in the South German Renaissance style, though few examples remain today. In the arcades of the courtyard were created 1568-1578 Friedrich Sustris for the crown Prince William. Many of the paintings in the Florentine style was added at this time, but most of them were lost due to fires over many years. Later, Prince Ferdinand Maria 1675-1679 started to recover for the burning of paintings and decorated other rooms with the other pictures.

In the 18th century the castle was used in the barracks and a prison for noble prisoners. At the beginning of the 19th century it was used as a hospital.

King Ludwig II of Bavaria who was the Creator of Neuschwanstein Castle in Fussen to enjoy the decoration of a new splendid private apartment on the second floor princes wing 1869-1873.

In 1961 a fire destroyed most of the interior finishes including the kings room.

                                     
  • The Treaty of Trausnitz signed at Trausnitz Castle by Frederick the Fair, duke of Austria and Styria, and Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor, duke of Upper
  • 72 kilometres 45 mi northeast of Munich. The city of Landshut and Trausnitz castle were founded in 1204 by Duke Louis I. Landshut was already a Wittelsbach
  • William s accession to the throne in 1579. Decoration and remodelling of Trausnitz Castle in Landshut Expansion of the Residenz, Munich St. Michael s Church
  • city located in the state of Bavaria. St. Martin s Church, along with Trausnitz Castle and the celebration of the Landshuter Hochzeit wedding are the most
  • Il Paduano on their 1580 work at Trausnitz Castle at Landshut - there Ponzano worked on the lodges in the castle creating scenes of mythological love
  • reigned Bavaria - Landshut in the 15th century. Their residence was Trausnitz Castle in Landshut, a fortification which attained enormous dimensions. Having
  • twenty years of his life were passed in Trausnitz Castle near Landshut whence he was known as the Hermit of Trausnitz and the remainder of his days were
  • seat of the dukes was the Trausnitz Castle in Landshut until 1475, when they moved to the second residence at Burghausen Castle The duchy lasted overall
  • reigned Bavaria - Landshut in the 15th century. Their residence was Trausnitz Castle in Landshut, a fortification which attained enormous dimensions. Since
  • general concord with his brother. In 1516, he refurnished the medieval Trausnitz Castle in Landshut decorating it in the south German Renaissance style. Like
  • wall, as at Trausnitz Castle in Landshut. Even underground wall walks with embrasures for hand guns may be seen, for example, at Hochhaus Castle near Nordlingen
  • residence as crown prince was the ancient fortified Wittelsbach seat Trausnitz Castle in Landshut. Its upgrading from a Gothic fortification into a renaissance


                                     
  • 1254 by her marriage to King Conrad IV of Germany. She was born at Trausnitz Castle in Landshut, the eldest daughter of Otto II Wittelsbach and his wife
  • Berg Schloss Kempfenhausen, Berg Stein Castle Stein an der Traun Tittmoning Castle Tittmoning Trausnitz Castle Landshut Residence Burgruine Wolfstein
  • Archbishopric of Salzburg were captured. Louis held Frederick captive at Trausnitz Castle in the Upper Palatinate for three years, but the persistent resistance
  • Bavaria. In August 1590, Bragadino arrived at the Duke s court on Trausnitz Castle in Landshut. He quickly gained the Duke s trust, not only by promising
  • generations they can be found in Liba. At last they owned manor houses in Trausnitz Puchersreuth and Reuth bei Erbendorf. Peter Braun: Die Herren von Sparneck
  • Ingolstadt fortress. After their marriage, the young couple lived at the Trausnitz Castle in Landshut, until Albert became duke upon his father s death on 7
  • era originated. Examples include the decorated inner courtyard of Trausnitz Castle and the ducal Landshut Residence in the inner city, built by Italian
  • Schleissheim Palace in Munich Trausnitz Castle in Landshut Ingolstadt Castle Straubing Castle Burghausen Castle Hohenschwangau Castle Linderhof Palace Herrenchiemsee
  • Austria and Salzburg were captured. Louis held Frederick captive in Trausnitz Castle Schwandorf for three years, but the determined resistance by Frederick s
                                     
  • florins secured from Wasserburg Castle and the districts of Kraiburg and Neumarkt. As a widow s seat she received Trausnitz Castle in Landshut. With this union
  • Louis founded Landshut and began the building of Trausnitz Castle there that same year. The castle was completed by the time of Emperor Frederick II s
  • Trausnitz castle Landshut, overlooking the Isar valley
  • Romans. 1325 13 March Frederick the Fair signed the Treaty of Trausnitz at Trausnitz Castle with his captor Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor, duke of Upper
  • Schwarzach bei Nabburg Stadlern Steinberg am See Stulln Teunz Thanstein Trausnitz Wackersdorf Weiding ¹ administrated within a Verwaltungsgemeinschaft
  • Heilig - Geist - Gasse 394 1407 1461 nowadays used as exposition hall Trausnitz Castle D - 2 - 61 - 000 - 563, Burg Trausnitz 168 1150 1503 late Romanesque and Gothic later alterations

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
This website uses cookies. Cookies remember you so we can give you a better online experience.
preloader close
preloader