★ The Voices
Voices Is a 2014 black Comedy horror film directed by Marjane Satrapi, wrote Michael R. Perry starring Ryan Reynolds, Gemma Arterton, Anna Kendrick and Jackie weaver. It had its world premiere at the Sundance film festival 2014 on 19 January 2014. The film was released in limited release and via video on demand on February 6, 2015, a Lionsgate company. It received positive reviews from critics.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
Gerry Ryan Reynolds optimistic person who works in a bathtub factory and lives in a redesigned apartment in the bowling alley with his dog Bosco and cat Mr. whiskers. Jerry is a schizophrenic who doesnt want to take the medicine and enjoy the hallucinations and delusions that manifest in the form of his Pets talking to him. Bosco is often their good intentions, while Mr. Whiskers is more violent. Jerry a workplace crush on an English woman named Fiona. Its worth it to go to the karaoke party with two other women from work, Lisa and Alison. Fionas car does not start, leads her in order to catch Jerry as he goes. While driving her home, Jerry stumbled upon a deer that crashes through the windshield. Jerrys hallucinations show deer, urging him to end his suffering. Jerry said, using a hunting knife to slit his throat. Terrified, Fiona running into the woods. Jerry runs after it, still had the knife, to explain, but in the end Fiona stumbled and accidentally stabbed her. As Fiona back off, Jerry tearfully apologizes for hurting her and says he loves her. To stop her suffering, Jerry again stabs her, she dies.
Upon returning home, Bosco invites him to go to the police and confess, while Mr. Whiskers says theres no shame in what he did, but insists that Jerry needs to get rid of the body. Jerry collects Fionas body, but leaves the bloody shoes and piles of bodies. He divides Fiona, wrapping her insides in numerous Tupperware containers and placing her severed head in his fridge. As his delusions increase in intensity, Fionas head comes alive and starts to talk to him. Jerry tries once again to apologise, but she rejects his apology, citing the good life she led before her death. Then Fiona requirements Jerry was on his meds. Jerry takes his pills, and the next day, he has nightmares of his emotionally abusive father. When he wakes up, his hallucinations ended, his Pets, not to talk with him in his apartment a mess, with animal waste and debris littering his living room, and blood stains in the kitchen. Fionas head say no more and rules, and rotting. He throws the pills in horror, and the next morning, his hallucinations are back and life has returned to normal. Fiona tries to convince Jerry to kill another person ", so she has a friend".
Jerry asks Lisa out on a date. He takes her to his abandoned home, where he revealed that his mother confessed to her insanity and was taken away by authorities when he was a child. When they arrived, she decided to commit suicide by trying to slit her throat, but couldnt do it herself, and so she asked Jerry to finish the job, to end her suffering. The police found Jerry standing over his dead mother, and he was instead committed. Jerry sobbing in front of Lisa, who comforts him. They go to her house and spend the night together.
Lisa goes to Jerrys house. She wanders in and discovers the condition of the apartment, including all the containers of organs and blood spots, is hysterical when she learns Fionas severed head on the table. Despite pressure from Mr. whiskers, Jerry refuses to kill her. Jerry tries to explain, but Lisa runs away and locks himself in the bathroom. When Jerry breaks, she starts to beat him with hangers towel and runs to his room. Jerry tries to calm her with apologies that she seems to be taking. When she tries to escape, Jerry throws her back into the room, causing the head to hit the shelves, violently smashing her, leaving her paralyzed and slowly dying. After she dies, Jerry dismembers her, placing her head in the fridge next to Fionas. Other employees are aware of, Fiona and Lisa are gone. When Alison goes into the house to investigate Jerrys, Jerry immediately kills her, taking her head.
Jerry confesses his murder of his Advisor Dr. Warren. She tries to call the police, but he takes her hostage and flees the village, desperately wishing that she helped him. She calms him down and shows understanding, seemed to make some progress with Jerry. Meanwhile, two other workers from the accounting Department to break into Jerrys house, avoiding Bosco through the front door, and immediately call the police. Shortly after Jerry returns home, still holding Warren hostage, police surrounded his house and prepare to move in. Jerry runs down to the basement, breaking the gas pipe at the same time. After rescuing Dr. Warren, the police gets knocked back from the explosion caused by gas leak.
Jerry understands bowling with fire, and he is in grave danger. The voices of Bosco and Mr. Whiskers talk to him in his own mind. Mr. Whiskers insists that he get out and find another place to live, to hide, so he can continue to kill and feel alive. However, Bosco tells him that there is no place for him in my life anymore and that he needs to let the fire "to put him to sleep." The choice to end their own suffering, he lays down and waits until he loses consciousness from the smoke.
In a white void, Bosco and Mr. Whiskers to admit that, despite their opposing beliefs, they are so similar to each other before their paths diverge. Jerry appears with his parents, Fiona, Lisa and Alison, and he apologizes to women for their murder. Jesus appears, and they all dance and sing together. In the end, Jesus rises Jerry in the truck.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Gulliver McGrath as young Jerry.
- Ryan Reynolds as Jerry Hickfang and the voices of Bosco and Mr. whiskers, the deer and Bunny monkey.
- Valerie Koch as Jerrys mother.
- Stanley Townsend as Sheriff weinbacher.
- ADI Shankar, John. (Ади Шанкар, Джон)
- Sam Spruell as Dave.
- Paul Brightwell as Jerrys stepfather.
- Alessa Kordeck as Cheryl.
- Stephanie Vogt as Tina, TV.
- Gemma Arterton as Fiona.
- Ella Smith as Alison.
- Anna Kendrick as Lisa.
- Paul Chahidi as Dennis Kowalski.
- Jackie weaver as Dr. Warren.
3. Production. (Производство)
Before production, script for voice were incredibly praised, including those listed on the Black lists of the best UN-produced scripts 2009. The film was originally mark Romanek attached to direct the vote back in 2010 with Ben Stiller as Jerry Hickfang, but was never executed due to budget problems. The project was first raised in August 2012 when it was announced that Marjane Satrapi will direct black Comedy. When asked about the casting of Ryan Reynolds in the title role of the Satrap said in an interview with digital spy, "at the beginning of the manufacturer and he says, lets look at the actor, and then Ryans voice on my iPhone and he sent, and I was like, "who is it?" And suddenly it makes sense. That is the voice the boy hears, so who else besides him can do it? It can only be he, so, Yes, the choice was obvious."
Principal photography began in April 2013 in Berlin, Germany.
4. Release. (Релиз)
The film had its world premiere at the Sundance film festival on January 19, 2014. March 5, 2014, it was announced, the Studio Lionsgate has acquired the distribution rights of the film. The film was shown at the International film festival in Toronto September 11, 2014. Then the film was released on VOD and in limited release on 6 February 2015. In the movies the first weekend the film earned $5.000.
4.1. Release. Critical reception. (Критический прием)
Voice received generally positive reviews. On rotten tomatoes the film has a approval rating of 75% based on 88 reviews, with an average rating of 6.6 / 10. Web sites critical consensus reads: "the voices of Ryan Reynolds gives the opportunity to deliver a highlight-reel performance and faulty offers a feast for lovers of black Comedy." On Metacritic, which assigns a rating, the film has a score of 58 out of 100 based on 24 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
Brad Wheeler from Canadas the globe and mail gave the film Three out of four stars and stated that, "it seems that this stylish, quirky and quite dark feature from Marjane Satrapi as a meeting of psycho, Dexter and Dr. Doolittle."
5. Awards and nominations. (Награды и номинации)
- The annual festival LEtrange 20th in Paris placed two awards of the film: a Premium channel Genre Nouveau festivals prize and prestigious audience award.
- 2015 festival international du film de fiction Gerardmer received two awards of the film: audience award and jury Prize.
- Voices or The Voices may refer to: Voices 1973 film a British horror film Voices 1979 film a film by Robert Markowitz Voices 2007 film a South
- in journalism, Global Voices was granted the 2006 Knight - Batten Grand Prize. Global Voices was also recognized in 2009 with the University of Denver s
- Voice acting is the art of performing voice - overs or providing voices to represent a character or to provide information to an audience or user. Examples
- Guided by Voices GBV is an American indie rock band formed in 1983 in Dayton, Ohio. It has made frequent personnel changes but always maintained the presence
- 13 Voices is the sixth studio album by Canadian rock band Sum 41, released on October 7, 2016. It is the first Sum 41 album to be released through independent
- History of Vital Voices Vital Voices Archived from the original on January 24, 2010. Retrieved 2010 - 03 - 04. First Lady Listens to Vital Voices Washington
- titles beginning with The Voice All pages with titles containing the voice Voice disambiguation Voices disambiguation Voicing disambiguation La Voix
- Silent Voice Silent Voices or variants may refer to: The Silent Voices 1892 poetry collection by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, see 1892 in poetry The Silent
- roles with voices Several different voice classification systems are available to identify voice types, including the German Fach system and the choral music
- Voices of the Lifestream is an unofficial tribute album released by OverClocked ReMix in honor of Nobuo Uematsu s score for the popular video game, Final
- Fear the Voices is the last single that Alice in Chains released with vocalist Layne Staley and the only single that was co - written by bassist Mike
- songs, with over 500 of them released under the Guided by Voices moniker. In addition to official Guided by Voices albums, there have been numerous official
- Aboriginal Voices Radio Network rebranded as Voices Radio in 2014 was a Canadian radio network, which primarily broadcast music programming and other
- Voice leading or part writing is the linear progression of individual melodic lines voices or parts and their interaction with one another to create
- Anniversary Edition Volume 2: Voices in the Wilderness is the second album in a series of five releases celebrating the 10th anniversary of John Zorn s
- Other Voices is the seventh studio album by the Doors, released by Elektra Records in October 1971. It was the first album released by the band following
- before the age of two by listening only to the voices of adults around them who have voices much different from their own, and even though the laryngeal
- Voices formerly known as Voices in Your Head, is a student - run a cappella group from the University of Chicago. Founded in 1998, the group consists of
- Other Voices is a live music series which broadcasts on Irish public service broadcaster RTE2. The show previously called Other Voices Songs from a
- November 2008 Silent Voices on The Community Channel Silent Voices on Amazon.co.uk Silent Voices in the British Films Catalogue Silent Voices reviewed in DVD
- Other Voices may refer to: Other Voices 1970 film a 1970 documentary film Other Voices TV series a series based around a music festival in Dingle
- of the Proto - Indo - European middle voice Some languages have even more grammatical voices For example, Classical Mongolian features five voices active
- helmed the movie Double Dragon and produced by Paul Flattery for FYI Flattery Yukich Inc. 4 - Track CD - Single Voices That Care - 4: 56 Voices That Care
- Million Voices 5: 57 original mix iTunes EP Million Voices Radio Edit - 3: 13 Million Voices Extended Mix - 5: 58 Million Voices TORN Remix
- Other Voices Inc. is a non - profit literary press encompassing Other Voices literary magazine and the fiction imprint OV Books. Established in 1984, Other
- Hearing Voices or hearing voices may be: Auditory hallucination Curse Hearing Voices album 2001 audio - recording collection by D. Mahler Hearing Voices TV
- Voices of a Distant Star Japanese: ほしのこえ, Hepburn: Hoshi no Koe, lit. Voices of a Star is a Japanese science fiction original video animation OVA
- The Best of Guided By Voices Human Amusements at Hourly Rates is a greatest - hits collection from Dayton, Ohio rock group Guided by Voices The collection
- registral confusion and reduce the independence of the voices it is sometimes avoided in composition and pedagogical exercises. Voice crossing appears in free
- Sayer Voices in My Head EP by Riverside, 2005 Voices in My Head song by Ashley Tisdale, 2018 Voices in My Head a song by Bob Mould from the 2016