★ The Lake House (film)
The lake house-2006 American romantic drama by Director Alejandro Agresti starring Keanu Reeves, Sandra bullock and Christopher Plummer. It was written by David Auburn. The film is a remake of the painting of the South Korean Il Mare. The story focuses on an architect living in 2004 and a doctor living in 2006. They will meet via letters left in a mailbox at the lake house they both lived in separate moments of time, they have corresponded for two years, remaining separated by their original difference of two years.
This film reunites Reeves and Bullock for the first time since they co-starred in speed in 1994.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
In 2006, Dr. Kate Forster Sandra bullock, goes to the lake house that she rents in Kenosha, Wisconsin to move to Chicago. Kate leaves a note in the mailbox for the next tenant to forward her mail, adding that the paint-embedded footsteps on the path leading to the house was already there when she arrived.
Two years earlier, in 2004, Alex Wyler Reeves, an architect, arrives at the lake house and finds a letter Kates in the mailbox. Home abandoned, with no signs of tracks anywhere. In the subsequent restoration of the house, the dog runs around Alexia paint and leaves fresh paw prints right where Kate said they would be. Baffled, Alex writes, asking how Kate knew about the paw prints since the house was unoccupied until he arrived. On Valentines Day 2006, Kate witnesses a traffic accident near Daley Plaza and is trying to save the victim, a man, to no avail. She impulsively drives back to the lake house, Alexis finds the letter and writes back.
Both Alex and Kate continue passing messages to each other through a mailbox and everyones watching their flag up and down as the message leaves and the reply arrives as they wait in the mailbox. They cautiously look around each time the flag changes, hoping to somehow spot the other. It is in vain as they are alone in the Inbox. Then they discover that they are living exactly two years. Their correspondence goes through a series of events, including Alex finding a book, Jane Austens persuasion, at a train station where Kate said shed lost it, and Alex taking Kate on a walking tour of your favorite places in Chicago via an annotated map that he leaves in the mailbox. Alex finally meets Kate at her party with guys, but he does not mention their exchange of letters to her, because she doesnt know it at the time. She later remembered the meeting as a vague memory in the past. For Alex, the meeting occurred in the present, but for Kate, it had already taken place in the past, without her knowledge that it was Alex.
As Alex and Kate continue to write each other, they decide to try again. Alex makes a reservation at restaurant IL MARE in March 2006 - two years in the future Alexia, but only for Kate. Kate goes to the restaurant but Alex doesnt show. Heartbroken, Kate asks Alex not to write her again, remembering the accident a year before. Both Alex and Kate to leave the house at the lake, on their separate lives.
On Valentines Day 2006 for Alex, Valentines Day 2008 for Kate, he returned to the lake house after something about the day triggers the memory. Meanwhile, Kate goes to the architect to revise the plans to renovate the house she wants to buy. Drawing a house on a lake in the conference room wall catches her attention and after Henry Wyler informs her the artist was his brother, Alex, and Kate realizes that this was the same Alex, with whom she corresponded. She also learns that Alex was killed in a car accident exactly two years ago, to the day and I understand why he didnt come to their date - he was a man who died in Daley Plaza.
Rushing to the lake house, Kate frantically writes a letter telling Alex she loves him, but asks him not to try to find her if he loves her. To wait two years, she says, and come to the lake house instead. Meanwhile, Alex went to Daley Plaza, to look at Kate.
In the lake house, Kate falls on her knees sobbing, fearing that she arrived too late to stop Alex. After a long pause, the flag of the mailbox, finally, down, Alex took it. Not long afterwards, a familiar mint-green truck pulls up. She walks forward, smiling as the driver, dressed in jeans and a familiar tan jacket, approaches. She and Alex kiss and walk to the lake house.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Ebon moss-Bachrach as Henry Wyler.
- Christopher Plummer as Simon J. Wyler.
- Dylan Walsh as Morgan price.
- Sandra Bullock as Kate Forster.
- Willeke van Ammelrooy as Mrs. Forster.
- Shohreh Aghdashloo as Dr. Anna Klyczynski.
- Keanu Reeves as Alex Wyler.
- Lynn Collins as Mona.
3. Production. (Производство)
The film is set and filmed in Chicago. The lake house was built on what is called maple lake, located in maple lake Forest preserve from 95th street in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. After filming the house was removed and a simple fishing was put in its place. Center stage in the loop. The scene where Kate and Morgan go to Henrys office, and cates a dramatic exit down the stairs was filmed at the Chicago architecture Foundation. The scene where Henry and Alex talk on the street after their fathers office was filmed on the 400 block of South Michigan Avenue, in front of Fine arts Building and the theater. The scene where Alex and Simon converse in Simons home was filmed in the Prairie Avenue bookstore architectural bookstore in Chicago, which was closed in 2009. Other locations include Aurora, Illinois now Madison community Park and riverside, Illinois, a small town on the outskirts of Chicago which is known for its historic houses, and several Frank Lloyd Wright buildings. The train station in the movie is the real station on the Bank of the river, and the bridge that Alex crosses, chasing Jack is called the "suspension bridge", it crosses the river des Plaines. The scene where Kate climbed in Millennium Park at the Park grill. The bar in the loop, where Kate is seen sitting on a chair, talking to a woman at a wooden bar, is a real "Millers pub", located at 134 Wabash Ave., Chicago, Il 60603.
4. Music. (Музыка)
The lake house: original soundtrack of the movie was released in 2006.
- "I Waited" – Rachel Portman.
- "You Waited" – Rachel Portman.
- "Il Mare" – Rachel Portman.
- "Time Has Told Me" – Nick Drake.
- "A Hard Week" – Rachel Portman.
- "Too Late" – Carole King.
- "Footsteps" – Rachel Portman.
- "Tell Me More" – Rachel Portman.
- "Sunset" – Rachel Portman.
- Mailbox – Rachel Portman.
- "Wait For Me" – Rachel Portman.
- "This Has Never Happened Before" – Paul McCartney.
- "Stay." – Rachel Portman.
- "I Cant Seem To Make You Mine" – Customer.
- "Ant Farm" – Eels.
- "Alexia Father" – Rachel Portman.
- "The Lakehouse" – Rachel Portman.
The songs appear in the movie but not on soundtrack include:
- "When It Rains" – Brad Mehldau.
- "I Wish You Love" – Rosemary Clooney.
- "O Pato" – Stan Getz.
- "Therell Never Be Another You" – Rosemary Clooney.
- "Bitter" – Meshell Ndegeocello.
- "Sentimental Tattoo" – Jukebox Junkies.
- In "La noyee" – Carla Bruni.
- "Chiamami Adesso" – Paolo Conte.
- "Almost Like Love" – Gerry Mulligan.
- "Man and woman" – sir Julian.
- "Pink Moon" – Nick Drake.
- "Young at heart" – brad Mehldau.
The film trailer also shows the song "somewhere only we know" Keane group. It is available on the album hopes and fears.
5. The checkout. (Кассе)
In the first weekend, the film has collected a total of 13.6 million USD, ranking fourth in the US box office. As of October 1, 2006, the film has collected in world hire 52.330.111 $domestically and $114.830.111 around the world.
On 26 September 2006, this film was the first to be simultaneously released on DVD and Blu-ray discs and HD DVD courtesy of Warner home video.
6. Critical reception. (Критический прием)
According to the website Rotten Tomatoes, 35% of critics gave the film a positive review, received a summary rating of "rotten".
USA today critic Claudia Pugh wrote, "the lake house is one of the more befuddling movies of recent years. The premise doesnt make sense, no matter how you turn it around in your head."
Roger Ebert, while pointing to the movies logical inconsistencies, wrote, "dont worry, Ill tell you, never mind!" Ebert gave a positive review of 3.5 stars out of 4, noting, "what I respond to in the movie is its fundamental romantic impulse."
- in Victoria Land, Antarctica The Lake House film a 2006 film unrelated to the novel of the same title The Lake House novel a 2003 novel by James
- The House Across the Lake is a 1954 British crime drama film released in the United States as Heat Wave. The film noir drama, filmed and set in England
- Lake Placid is an American series of monster horror comedy films created by David E. Kelley. Produced and distributed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Sorority House is a 1939 American drama film starring Anne Shirley and James Ellison. The film was directed by John Farrow and based upon the Mary Coyle
- The Last House on the Left is a 2009 American horror - thriller film directed by Dennis Iliadis and written by Carl Ellsworth and Adam Alleca. It is a remake
- House on the Hill is a 2012 American horror film directed by Jeffrey Frentzen and based on the real - life killing spree of serial killers Leonard Lake
- The House by the Edge of the Lake Italian: Sensitività is a horror film directed by Enzo G. Castellari. The film was re - edited several years after, with
- House By the Lake is an American horror film directed by Adam Gierasch and written by Josh Burnell. The film stars James Callis, Anne Dudek, Michael Bowen
- A house of cards is a structure formed of playing cards, as a pastime. House of Cards may also refer to: House of Cards 1917 film a film by Alice Guy - Blache
- Lake Placid is a 1999 American monster horror action film written by David E. Kelley, and directed by Steve Miner. It is the first installment in the
- Coyote Lake is a drama film directed and written by Sara Seligman. The film is produced by Nikki Stier Justice, Van Johnson, Anne Clements, and Ash Christian
- The Mohonk Mountain House also known as Lake Mohonk Mountain House is an American resort hotel located on the Shawangunk Ridge in Ulster County, New
- Under the Silver Lake is a 2018 American neo - noir black comedy conspiracy thriller film written, produced and directed by David Robert Mitchell. Set in
- soccer. Approximately three - quarters of the faculty of Lake Forest Academy live on campus. Lake Forest Academy houses its approximately 200 boarding students
- The Last House on the Left is a 1972 American exploitation horror film written, edited, and directed by Wes Craven and produced by Sean S. Cunningham.
- coincides with the fireworks show at Sugar House Park in the evening. Salt Lake City also hosts portions of the Sundance Film Festival. The festival, which
- Through the House is a 2015 American holiday horror slasher film written and directed by Todd Nunes and produced by The Readmond Company. The film had its
- The Glass House is a 1972 American made - for - television drama film starring Alan Alda, Vic Morrow and Clu Gulager, directed by Tom Gries. It originally
- Road House is a 1948 film noir drama directed by Jean Negulesco, with cinematography by Joseph LaShelle. The picture features Ida Lupino, Cornel Wilde
- Lake Bluff is a village in Lake County, Illinois, United States. It is located on the North Shore of Lake Michigan, and is part of the Chicago metropolitan
- Lake Winnipesaukee ˌwɪnɪpəˈsɔːki is the largest lake in the U.S. state of New Hampshire, located in the Lakes Region. It is approximately 21 miles
- existing lake at the centre of the city. The lake belongs to the Department of Fisheries of the Tamil Nadu government. Of the total area of the lake the waterbody
- Niagara - on - the - Lake is a town in Ontario, Canada. It is located on the Niagara Peninsula at the point where the Niagara River meets Lake Ontario, across the river
- Greenwood Lake is an interstate lake approximately seven miles 12 km long, straddling the border of New York and New Jersey. It is located in the Town of
- Recreation Area. The lake periphery measures 1.9 mi 3 km and its shores are studded with many film settings and homes. The depth of water in the lake is ranges
- Lake Pichola, situated in Udaipur city in the Indian state of Rajasthan, is an artificial fresh water lake created in the year 1362 AD, named after the
- Lady in the Lake is a 1947 American film noir that marked the directorial debut of Robert Montgomery, who also stars in the film The picture also features
- Falls on the Richardson Highway near Valdez, Alaska. The final scene of the movie on the fictional Lake Kgun at Finch s lake house was filmed on the northwest
- Lake Mungo is a 2008 Australian psychological horror film written and directed by Joel Anderson and starring Talia Zucker and Martin Sharpe. It employs
- The Lake District, also known as the Lakes or Lakeland, is a mountainous region in North West England. A popular holiday destination, it is famous for