★ Green Room (film)
The green room a 2015 American horror Thriller from writer-Director Jeremy Saunier, and produced by Neil Kopp, Victor Moyers and Anish Savjani. Starring Anton Yelchin, Imogen Poots and Patrick Stewart, the film focuses on punk band who finds themselves attacked by neo-Nazi skinheads after he witnessed a murder in a remote club in the Pacific Northwest. The film came from a desire Saulniers straight Thriller in the green room.
Principal photography took place in October 2014 in Portland, Oregon. The film was funded and created by broad green pictures. The green room was featured in the Directors fortnight section at the 2015 Cannes film festival. In 2015, the International film festival in Toronto, the film took the third place in voting for the Grolsch peoples choice midnight madness award. The film became a limited edition to 15 April 2016, before widely released on may 13, at A24. She appeared on many critics lists as one of the best movies of 2016 and 2017 was nominated for the Empire award for best horror, but worse at the box office, collecting $3.8 million compared to a budget of $ 5 million.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
PAT, Sam, Fig, and Tiger are members of the punk band not right, traveling through the Pacific Northwest while the lack of money and fuel. They meet with local radio personality Tad, who conducts an interview with the group, before telling them that their upcoming concert was cancelled. To compensate for this, Ted arranges a paid show with his cousin, Daniel, in the neo-Nazi skinhead bar in the woods near Portland, opening for NSBM group Scoobynet. Despite opening with a cover of the dead Kennedy song "Nazi punks fuck off" like a badly-received joke, the show goes more smoothly.
After the show, Pat comes back to the green room to pick up the phone Sams and stains on the body of a woman, Emily, who was stabbed to death Werm, a member of Scoobynet. PAT will call the police, but the bar Manager Gabe and a big bouncer Justin to confiscate the phones of the strips and held them in the green room with Emilys friend amber. After a Big Justin revolver, Gabe pays a skinhead with a knife another to create a legend for the police, who will respond to the call. He consults with the bar owner and the leader of the skinheads Darcy, who decides to kill a group to eliminate witnesses and the stage of their destruction away from the hotel. Darcy stages of power failure to leave the club, and recruits a few skinheads to help him.
The group overpowers the big Justin and holds him hostage, taking a boxcutter from his pocket a revolver. They negotiate through the door with Darcy, who asks them to surrender their weapons. PAT agrees to take the gun but not the ammo. As he opens the door, amber spots Darcys men and recognizes it as a trap, but prevents them too late. Darcy and his men to slash at the hand stroking machete until he throw the gun away, but he closes the door. Big Justin is attacking the group, but Reese breaks his arm and choking him into unconsciousness. When the big surprises Justin rice, again waking up, Reese smothers him again until the Amber kills it with a boxcutter.
Looking for a way out, the group discovers the underground laboratory on manufacture of drugs, the detection club was a front for heroin production into the ring and tries the only way to find that it was locked from the outside. Armed with improvised weapons, they leave the green room in an empty club, as the skinheads storm. The skinhead and the club accountant Clark unleashes an attack dog that kills the tiger, but amber and Pat drive in a dog with a feedback microphone. The figure escapes through the window, but chopping machete on the skinhead Alan and left to bleed to death. Another skinhead, Kyle, tries to enter the club through the back entrance, but he drove the terrified Sam with a fire extinguisher.
PAT, Amber, and Sam retreat to the green room. Darcy sends Daniel and Jonathan skinhead in the club to kill a group who Darcy says, killed Emily, now revealed to be Daniels girlfriend. When Daniel meets them, amber tells him that Werm killed Emily after discovering the couple plans to leave the skinheads. Daniel Jonathan orders away and agrees to help them escape before you lead a group to a club where he was shot the bartender clubs, which then in turn was killed by a group. The group takes his gun and tries to run to the club where they fired at Darcys men. Sam is fatally wounded by one of the Clarks of dog attacks, before it tears her to death, and Darcys men wounds of amber in the leg, who scrambles back to the green room with PAT, when they contemplate the chances of survival and begin to plan an ambush.
Darcy sends Jonathan and Kyle returned to the club to finish off PAT and amber along with Gabe to remove the mud and leaves with Clark, Alan, and authorities, planning at the time of their death in the next house to appear as if they had been killed illegally. PAT, dressed as a skinhead, lures Jonathan to the lab for drug production, while Kyle remains in the green room, where amber was hidden. Amber cuts Strait throat with a boxcutter before deceiving Jonathan exhaustion of his ammunition. As Pat struggles with Jonathan for his gun, Amber sneaks up behind and shoots with gun Jonathan Kyle. Gabe comes to the green room to find his companions dead and buried, PAT and amber, wanting to avoid prison.
Gabe was being held at gunpoint, they hike through the forest, hearing the distant shots. Two questions, Gabe, who recognizes that Darcy is a setting on the scene, and decided to follow them. Gabe volunteers to go to the nearest farm to call the police. PAT and amber to come and confront the three, as they finish staging the scene, disarms and after Clark and Alan. Run, Darcy pulls a gun from his pocket and tries to shoot PAT and amber, but was shot by them. With their ammunition and energy spent, PAT and amber to sit on the sidelines and wait for the police.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Callum Turner as the tiger, the singer is not right.
- Patrick Stewart as Darcy Banker, the leader of the skinheads.
- Samuel summer as Jonathan, skinhead.
- Mason knight, Kyle, skinhead.
- Joe Cole as the Fig, the drummer is not right.
- David W. Thompson as Tad, DJ and promoter.
- Eric Edelstein as big Justin, the Bouncer skinhead.
- Colton Ruscheinsky as Alan, skinhead.
- Imogen Poots as amber, Emilys friend and witness to her murder.
- Brent Werzner as Werm, a member of Scoobynet and Emily the killer.
- Macon Blair, as Gabe, a skinhead and club Manager.
- Jacob kas as a bartender.
- Alia Shawkat as Sam, the guitarist is not right.
- Taylor ringtones like Emily, a female skinhead and friend amber, who was killed Werm.
- Mark Webber as Daniel, a skinhead and his cousin in a relationship with Emily.
- Kai Lennox as Clark, skinhead, bookkeeper of the club, and attack dog.
- Anton Yelchin as Pat, the bass player is not right.
3. Production. (Производство)
The film came from the Saulniers a desire to create a Thriller in the green room, calling the idea "obsession." Saunier created a short film in one within the 48-hour film challenge in 2007, which involved the supernatural and Saunier was "very fun and hammy". However, he still wanted a chance to do his the Green room the film "the right way". Although in the film a large amount of violence, and that Saunier calls "in all its glory the mountain", he went on record, stating that it is not "sadist," and that every act of violence, not only the initiating incident is the cause. As such Saunier were convinced that no "gratuitous close-up" of the recently deceased characters.
22 may 2014 it was announced that proposed to Finance and produce a film directed and written by Jeremy Saunier, from a scientific movie. Anish Savjani, Neil Kopp and Victor Moyers will produce the movie. October 16, Anton Yelchin and Imogen Poots have been included in the leading cast of the film along with alia Shawkat, Callum Turner, Joe Cole, Macon Blair and mark Webber. October 21, Patrick Stewart has been added to the cast to play Darcy Banker, the leader of the violent racist group, while others are Kai Lennox, Eric Edelstein and Taylor ringtones.
3.1. Production. Shooting. (Съемки)
Principal photography began in October 2014 in Portland, Oregon. The location of TASIS the house was in Astoria, Oregon, on the Oregon coast, and the forest scenes were filmed in the mount hood national forest.
4.1. Release. The checkout. (Кассе)
October 29, 2014, Westend films has acquired international rights to the film. The film had its world premiere at the Cannes film festival on may 17, 2015. Soon after, it was announced A24 films acquired the distribution rights of the film. The film, shown at premiere in 2015, the international film festival in Toronto, September 10, 2015.
The film was originally opened in limited release on 1 April 2016, before opening in wide release on 15 April 2016. However, it was moved to April 15 in limited release, and maybe 13 in width. According to box office Mojo, the green room opened at #30 in its limited edition, Premier, 3 cinemas, the culmination of more than $87.984. In its official wide release, the film premiered in cinemas 777, taking #16 rank on the first weekend and gathered more than 411.376$.
4.2. Release. Critical response. (Критическая реакция)
The film has a rating of 90% on the site review aggregator rotten tomatoes based on 229 reviews, with an average rating of 7.71 / 10. The critical consensus reads: "the Green room provides uncompromising genre horizons uncommon intelligence and powerfully acted Elan". Metacritic reports a 79 out of 100, based on 42 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
Richard Roeper from the Chicago sun-times praised Patrick Stewart, Imogen Poots, alia Shawkat, and Macon Blair, performances and called the film "surprisingly nasty, horrible, jagged edges gem of a horror film", which "first course" operator art, scenography, sound and editing. Barry Hertz of the globe and mail awarded it four stars and wrote, "Jeremy Saunier party killing, blue ruin is still one of the best bands in the independent horror with this scary and inventive Thriller." Lenika Cruz-Atlantic said its "tense Gore-fest, which is as grimy and claustrophobic as the titular number. But scrape off the scum, and youll find the Green room, full of visual mastery, dark humor, clever writing, and reflections of humanity." Jon Niccum of the Kansas city Old, said he "bleeds authenticity, from skinny to look for performers on abrupt environmental sounds typical of the misery that becomes day-to-day lives of those rides together in a cramped van". IGN rated it a score of 9 out 10, saying, "this addition to the brilliant blue to destroy the deep rock band against white racists with ACE, ultra-violent results."
Jeffrey bloomer of slate compared the films "genre maturity", "amoral survivalism and malleable sense of good and evil", "brutal efficiency" and "Burnt of humor," John carpenters assault on 13th precinct and praised the cast, writing, "If the world knows no justice, then the screen actors Guild will remember this cast when he writes up his award next year". James Berardinelli concludes, the film "for those who love sitting through 90 tense minutes and the attendant feeling of adrenaline. Its like a well-constructed horror film" it "as intimate as it is unnerving". Guy Lodge of variety called it a "technically sharp horror-Thriller the backwoods where there is no human factor". Leslie Felperin from the "Hollywood reporter" wrote that it entertains, but "less disciplined, less original and less memorable work than the blue ruins ".
4.3. Release. Top ten lists. (Десятку списков)
The green room was listed on many critics top ten lists.
- States Green Room Club, a London - based club The Green Room film a 1978 French film Green Room Awards, arts awards in Melbourne The Green Room with Paul
- The Green Room French: La Chambre verte is a 1978 French film directed by François Truffaut and based on the Henry James short story, The Altar of
- The Room is a 2003 American romantic drama film written, produced, and directed by Tommy Wiseau, who stars in the film alongside Juliette Danielle and
- continued to provide comic scenes in films for example in the 1995 French film Les Trois Freres. A green room is a room located backstage in a theatre or
- The Green Room Award for Female Actor in a Leading Role Music Theatre is an annual award recognising excellence in the performing arts in Melbourne
- Green Street also known as Green Street Hooligans is a 2005 British - American independent drama film about football hooliganism in the United Kingdom
- The Green Mile is a 1999 American fantasy crime drama film written and directed by Frank Darabont and based on Stephen King s 1996 novel of the same name
- Soylent Green is a 1973 American dystopian thriller film directed by Richard Fleischer and starring Charlton Heston and Leigh Taylor - Young. Edward G. Robinson
- The Quiet Room is a 1996 Australian drama film directed by Rolf de Heer. It was entered into the 1996 Cannes Film Festival. The Quiet Room centers on an
- 2017. Green Templeton on site Accommodation Green Templeton College, Oxford. Green Templeton Graduate Common Room Academic Facilities Green Templeton
- animated television series Green Lantern: The Animated Series, the 2011 live action film Green Lantern with accompanying video game Green Lantern: Rise of the
- The Mystery of the Yellow Room is a 1919 American crime drama film made by the Mayflower Photoplay Company and distributed through Realart Pictures Corporation
- The Face on the Bar - Room Floor is a 1923 American drama film directed by John Ford. It is considered to be a lost film The film was adapted from the poem
- show Tom Green s House Tonight from his living room and began performing stand - up comedy in 2010. From October 2013 to November 2014, Green hosted the
- Green Eyes is a 1934 American Pre - Code Chesterfield Pictures film directed by Richard Thorpe. During a masked party Stephen Kester Claude Gillingwater
- Fried Green Tomatoes is a 1991 American comedy - drama film based on the novel Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. Directed by
- The Green Glove aka The White Road is a 1952 French American international co - production film noir directed by Rudolph Mate and starring Glenn Ford
- Green Tea simplified Chinese: 绿茶 traditional Chinese: 綠茶 pinyin: Lǜ Cha is a 2002 Chinese film It was adapted from the novel Adiliya by the River
- The Colony Room Club was a private members drinking club at 41 Dean Street, Soho, London. It was founded and presided over by Muriel Belcher from its
- Soylent Green although the film changed much of the plot and theme and introduced cannibalism as a solution to feeding people. Make Room Make Room is set
- Green Room Christmas Special aired in December 2008 and featured performances by: Alesha Dixon Lemar McFly Scouting For Girls Sugababes It is filmed at
- How Green Was My Valley is a 1941 drama film directed by John Ford. The film based on the 1939 novel of the same name by Richard Llewellyn, was produced
- Shaw was made in Annapolis in 1797 and formerly stood in the Kennedy Green Room A suite of lancet - arched side chairs and a pair of sofas with splayed
- The Green Goddess is a 1930 American Pre - Code film directed by Alfred E. Green It was a remake of the 1923 silent film which was in turn based on the
- Green Book is a 2018 American biographical comedy - drama film directed by Peter Farrelly. Set in 1962, the film is inspired by the true story of a tour
- Mr. Reeder in Room 13 is a 1938 British crime film directed by Norman Lee and starring Peter Murray - Hill, Sally Gray and Gibb McLaughlin. It is based on
- Street, and originates from the green of dollars. Green room A room at a theater where actors rest when not onstage, or a room at a television studio where
- The Black Room released in Great Britain as The Black Room Mystery is a 1935 American horror film directed by Roy William Neill as R. William Neill
- Vanda s Room Portuguese: No Quarto da Vanda, 2000 is a docufiction a subgenre of cinema verite film by Portuguese director Pedro Costa. The film follows
- metaphorical door to hell. Behind the Green Door is a 1972 pornographic film starring Marilyn Chambers. In 1986 Behind the Green Door: the Sequel was released