★ Nocturnal Animals
Nocturnal animals-2016 American neo-Noir psychological Thriller film, written, produced and directed by Tom Ford based on the novel of the 1993 Tony and Susan Austin Wright. Starring: Amy Adams, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Shannon, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Isla Fisher, armie hammer, Laura Linney, Andrea Riseboro, and Michael sheen. The plot follows an art gallery owner, as she reads a new novel, written with her first husband and begins to see similarities between them and their former relationship.
Principal photography began October 5, 2015, in Los Angeles. The film premiered at the 73rd international Venice film festival on September 2, 2016, and was released in North America on 18 November 2016, the Focus is. It received positive reviews and has collected over 32 million dollars worldwide.
Nocturnal animals, has been selected to compete for the "Golden lion" at the 73rd Venice international film festival where it won the Grand jury prize. He has received numerous awards, including the Shannon was nominated for Best actor at the 89th ceremony of the Academy awards. He also received nine nominations for a BAFTA and nominations for the award "Golden globe" for best Director and Best screenplay, and Best supporting actor win for Taylor-Johnson.
1.1. The plot. The real world. (Реальный мир)
Art gallery owner Susan morrow receives a manuscript written by her ex-husband Edward Sheffield, together with an invitation to dinner during the upcoming visit of Edwards in Los Angeles. Frustrated by the deterioration of her marriage with unbelievers businessman morrow Hutton, is for Susan consumed a novel that is both dedicated to her and called nocturnal animals after Edwards nickname for her.
1.2. The plot. Novel. (Роман)
Tony Hastings is a family man, which goes against the three local troublemakers – ray Marcus, Lou, and Turks – during a road trip through Western Texas. Once forced off the road, Tony cant stop the Beam and Turk from the abduction of his wife, Laura, and their daughter, India, and leaving him with Lou, which causes him to travel rays the car to the end of the road where he was dumped. Tony manages to evade the Beam and Lou when they come back looking for him and makes his way to a nearby house to call the police.
Detective Roberto "Bobby" and is assigned to the case and Tony discovers the bodies of Laura and India, near the abandoned hut where they were raped and killed. Tony is to blame. He contacted the Andes a year and asked to determine, Lou, who is charged with complicity in the murder of Laura and India.
The Turks were fatally shot in a botched robbery, leaving ray as the ultimate culprit should be brought to justice. The arrests of the Andes Rey, but ultimately forced to let him go, as they have only circumstantial evidence of his involvement. On the verge of retirement and having been diagnosed with lung cancer, the Andes decides to take matters into their own hands and, with Tonys help, kidnaps ray and Lou. Andes shoots Lou when he tries to escape, but ray pulls away.
On his own, Tony tracks down the Beam to the cabin where Laura and India were killed. Ray confessed to the rape and murder of Tonys wife and daughter, calling him weak. Tony fatally shoots him, but going blind when the beam hits him on the head with an iron bar. Tony stumbles on the street, succumbing to a brain hemorrhage and dies after falling on his gun, shooting himself in the stomach in the process.
1.3. The plot. The real world continued. (Реальный мир продолжение)
Shocked by the dark content and emotions of the novel, Susan recalls meeting Edward in College and their blossoming relationship Susans overbearing mother Anne Sutton objected, arguing that Edward was not worthy of Susans love and because of its romantic worldview, it is not the desire to achieve your goals, Susan ignored her mothers objections, eventually marrying Edward.
After the discovery of new evidence of the case there Hutton born out of wedlock, Susan resumes the reading of the manuscript. Susan begins to remind her of troubled marriage to Edward, which was strained, her disappointment with his fledgling career and her dismissive attitude to his literary aspirations, and ended with Susan is cheating on him with Hutton and ultimately divorcing Edward to marry him. Edward tried to repair their relationship, but ultimately to break up with Susan after learning that she is pregnant with his child, but secretly had an abortion, to provide for the termination of attachment with him.
Currently, Susan is completing to read the novel and organizes a meeting with Edward at the restaurant. Edward did not appear, and Susan is waiting in solitude, as the restaurant empties.
2.1. Cast. The real world. (Реальный мир)
- Zawe Ashton as Alex, the administrator.
- Kristin Bauer van straten as Samantha van Helsing.
- Amy Adams, Susan morrow, a wealthy art gallery owner lives in Los Angeles.
- Michael sheen as Carlos Holt, Alessias husband is homosexual.
- Jena Malone, as Sage Ross, a young colleague Susan.
- India Menuez as Samantha morrow, Suzannes daughter.
- Jake Gyllenhaal as Edward Sheffield, Suzannes ex-husband and novelist.
- Andrea Riseboro Alessia Holt, Carlos wife.
- Neil Jackson, Christopher, assistant Susan.
- Laura Linney as Ann Sutton, Susans mother.
- Armie hammer as morrow Hutton, Suzannes second husband, who wasnt paying attention to Susan.
2.2. Cast. Novel. (Роман)
- Robert Aramayo like Turk / Steve Adams, a member of the gang.
- Ellie Bamber as India Hastings, daughter Toni, who also took along with his mother.
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson as ray Marcus sadistic gang leader.
- Barbie as Lou Bates, a member of the gang.
- Graham Beckel as Lieutenant graves.
- Jake Gyllenhaal as Tony Hastings, a Motorist on vacation with the family, which was forced off the road by ray Marcus gang.
- Isla Fisher as Laura Hastings, Tonys wife, who was adopted by ray Marcus gang.
- Michael Shannon as detective Bobby Andes, a dedicated detective in the local police station.
3. Production. (Производство)
March 24, 2015, it was announced that smoke house pictures partners George Clooney and Grant Heslov will produce the Thriller, night animals, based on Austin Wrights Tony and Susan is a novel of 1993. Tom Ford was asked to direct the film, his script. Ford said that the concept of the narrative of the Novel appealed to him, explaining that "the film is very different from the book it is based. However, the Central themes are the same, this means that when I read a book that appealed to me as a writer and Director was the idea of this device in communicating with someone through a work of art. Through writing a work of fiction. And thus to link what they could not very lucidly. I loved that concept."
Jake Gyllenhaal was set to star in the lead role, Amy Adams is negotiating for the female lead role, and sources have confirmed that Joaquin Phoenix and Aaron Taylor-Johnson may be cast into other roles. Focus has acquired the distribution rights in USA for the film on may 17, 2015, while universal pictures international handles distribution. The focus deal was made with 20 million dollars, which is the largest deal of 2015 Cannes film festival, and one of the largest in the middle of 2010-ies. August 6, 2015, Taylor-Johnson was confirmed to play the mysterious character who poses a threat to the Gyllenhaals character family Tony, while Michael Shannon has also been added to the cast, playing a detective investigating the incident. 28 August 2015, armie hammer also joined the cast of the film, playing morrow Hutton, Adams husband characters. 9 September 2015, Isla Fisher joined in the movie are Laura Hastings, Tonys wife. 18 September 2015, Ellie Bamber starred in the film, played Tonys daughter. September 30, 2015, Robert Aramayo was added to the cast. 5, 2015 the Bolger signed on to Star in the film. October 8, 2015, Peter Nyongo has also been cast in the film.
Principal photography of the film began on 5 October 2015, in Los Angeles. The final scene in the Japanese restaurant was filmed in the main building of Yamashiro historic district. He wrapped on 5 December 2015.
4. Release. (Релиз)
Nocturnal animals had its world premiere at the Venice film festival September 2, 2016. The film also screened at International film festival in Toronto September 9, 2016 at the London BFI film festival on October 14, 2016.
The film was released in the US on 18 November 2016.
5.1. Welcome The checkout. (Кассе)
Nocturnal animals grossed $ 10.7 million in the United States and Canada and $20.5 million in other countries around the world a total of $ 31.2 million.
The film had a wide North American release on 9 December 2016 and are projected to open 3-5 million. It ended up grossing $ 3.2 million, finishing in 7th place at the box office.
5.2. Welcome Critical response. (Критическая реакция)
Nocturnal animals received mostly positive reviews, especially for Adams, Gyllenhaal, Shannon and Taylor-Johnsons performances, and also the Ford script and direction. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 74% based on 288 reviews with an average rating of 7.06 / 10. Web critical consensus reads, "well-acted and beautiful to look at nocturnal animals emphasizes the writer-Director Tom Fords distinctive visual and narrative skill." On Metacritic the film has a score of 67 out of 100, based on 45 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
Owen Gleiberman of variety praised the film, stating that "Tom fords first film, as one man is another winner", and complementing the performances of Gyllenhaal, Adams, Shannon and Taylor-Johnson.
Geoffrey macnab of the independent awarded the film five stars, praising the performances and the direction, and saying that nocturnal animals is extremely clever in how it combines romanticism and bleakness. Its a film that easily could have lapsed into extreme pretentiousness, but she never puts a foot wrong."
Victoria Coren Mitchell the guardian was opposed to popular critical opinion, saying, "why are all these raves and awards for a piece gynophobic death-porn?"
- opposite. Nocturnal creatures generally have highly developed senses of hearing, smell, and specially adapted eyesight. Such traits can help animals such as
- This is a list of nocturnal animals and groups of animals Birds are listed separately in the List of nocturnal birds. Aye - Aye Badger Bandicoot Bat Bat - eared
- A nocturnal house, sometimes called a nocturama, is a building in a zoo or research establishment where nocturnal animals are kept and viewable by the
- classification of animals that are active primarily during twilight, making them similar to nocturnal animals Diurnality, plant or animal behavior characterized
- million years spent as nocturnal animals has left a lasting legacy on basal anatomy and physiology, and most mammals are still nocturnal Mammals evolved from
- Nocturnal Animals is a 2016 American neo - noir psychological thriller film written, co - produced and directed by Tom Ford. Starring Amy Adams, Jake Gyllenhaal
- day time light. Initially, most animals were diurnal, but adaptations that allowed some animals to become nocturnal is what helped contribute to the
- the Sea Moonlight Nocturnal Animals David Mackenzie Hell or High Water Damien Chazelle La La Land Tom Ford Nocturnal Animals Barry Jenkins Moonlight
- High Water Lucas Hedges Manchester by the Sea Michael Shannon Nocturnal Animals Best Supporting Actress Viola Davis Fences Greta Gerwig 20th Century
- adapted into a screenplay by Tom Ford and developed into the 2016 film Nocturnal Animals directed by Ford, which was released to positive reception. Following
- shared by mammals. Tritheledonts were probably insectivores, and nocturnal animals Paleontology portal Luo, Z - X, Z Kielan - Jaworowska RL Cifelli 2002
- Nocturnal enuresis, also called bedwetting, is involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which bladder control usually begins. Bedwetting in
- the Sea at the Donmar Warehouse. She was in Tom Ford s feature film Nocturnal Animals and the BBC One television series, Les Miserables, as Cosette. Bamber
- Acomys nesiotes is a little - known rodent endemic to Cyprus. These nocturnal animals are generally found in arid areas. After the last reliable record
- David Attenborough s Rise of Animals Triumph of the Vertebrates at BBC Programmes David Attenborough s Rise of Animals Triumph of the Vertebrates on
- thriller film directed by Bertrand Bonello Nocturama play a 2008 play by Annie Baker Nocturama, or nocturnal house, a facility housing nocturnal animals
- attraction for the zoo. The nocturnal house at the zoo artificially reverses night and day for the animals so that nocturnal animals are active while visitors
- I, Daniel Blake Love Friendship Manchester by the Sea Moonlight Nocturnal Animals Son of Saul Toni Erdmann Toni Erdmann Fire at Sea Son of Saul Things
- lamping also jacklighting and pit - lamping is a method of hunting nocturnal animals using off - road vehicles and high - powered lights, spotlights, lamps
- Nocturnals is a comic book title created by artist Dan Brereton which debuted as a six - part limited series in 1994 1995 under Malibu Comics collectively
- animals such as nematodes. The internal circadian clock promotes sleep at night for diurnal organisms such as humans and in the day for nocturnal organisms
- predators. For this reason, blindness in animals is a unique topic of study. In general, nocturnal or subterranean animals have less interest in the visual world
- exhibit also features active and awake corals - as corals are nocturnal animals Most of the animals in the exhibit are capable of bioluminescence. Octopus at
- drama Love 2015 and has also appeared in The Neon Demon 2016 and Nocturnal Animals 2016 Glusman was born in The Bronx, New York City. His family moved
- animals are those that are active primarily during twilight that is, the periods of dawn and dusk This is distinguished from diurnal and nocturnal
- occupied by nocturnal animals and some of the natives have nocturnal routine, too. Even during the day the number of accidents involving animals and cars
- 2016, on Discovery. Also that year, he appeared in the Tom Ford film Nocturnal Animals He has a role in the HBO miniseries Lewis and Clark. He appeared
- Australian animals such as agouti, emu, green tree python, kangaroo, lemur, white lion, meerkats, sloth bear, and Amur leopard. The zoo includes a nocturnal building
- during daily inactivity, such as nightly in diurnal animals or during the day in nocturnal animals thus reducing the energy cost of maintaining body temperature
- You 4: 28. Asi de Ilogico As Illogical as 3: 59. Animal Nocturno Nocturnal Animal Arjona, Jose Roberto Martinez 3: 53. Jesus, Verbo No