★ Batman (1966 film)
Batman 1966 American superhero film based on the Batman television series and the first feature-length film adaptation of the DC comic hero Batman. Released by 20th Century Fox, the film starred Adam West as Batman and Burt ward as Robin. The movie hit theaters two months after the last episode of the first season of the television series. The film includes most members of the original TV cast, with the exception of Lee Meriwether as Catwoman, the character previously played by Julie Newmar in two episodes of the first season of the series.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
When Batman and Robin you a tip that Commodore Schmidlapp is in danger aboard his yacht they launch a rescue mission using the Batcopter. As Batman descends on the BAT-ladder to land on the yacht it suddenly vanishes beneath him. It rises out of the sea and a shark attacks his leg. After Batman shoots his bat-repellant, the shark explodes. Batman and Robin return to the Commissioner Gordons office where they come to the conclusion that the Council of the bases of the underworld, which brought together the four most powerful villains of Gotham city: the Joker, the Penguin, the Riddler and Catwoman.
The four criminals to arm yourself with dehydration that can turn a man into dust fiction Schmidlapp, who does not know that he was kidnapped, to leave the war-surplus submarine did look like the penguin, and to recruit three pirate henchmen Bluebeard, Morgan and quetch. Batman and Robin learn the yacht was actually a holographic projection and return through the Batboat in buy to hide the projector, where they are trapped on a buoy by a magnet and target for torpedoes. They use a radio-detonator to destroy two missiles, and a porpoise sacrifices itself to intercept the latter. Catwoman, disguised as Soviet journalist "Kitayna Ireyna Tatanya Kerenska Alisoff" acronymed as Kitka, helps the group kidnap Bruce Wayne and pretends to be kidnapped with him, as part of a plot to lure Batman and finish him off with another explosive penguins animals not knowing that Bruce Wayne is Batmans alter-ego. After Bruce Wayne fighting your way out of captivity, he again disguises himself as Batman and the dynamic Duo returns in the headquarters of the organization of the Hells, only to find a bomb to smoke. Batman met with disappointment swept all the docks hoping to find a safe place to get rid of the bomb, but it does so at the last moment. The penguin disguises and schemes Commodore its way into the house along with five dehydrated henchmen. This plan fails when the henchmen unexpectedly disappear into antimatter once struck: Penguin mistakenly carry them with heavy water used in the Batcaves atomic reactor, leaving them highly unstable.
Eventually, Batman and Robin were unable to prevent the kidnapping of the dehydrated world organizations of the Security Council. The chase in the Batboat to retrieve them and Miss Kitka, presumed by the Duo as still captive, Robin uses a sonic charge weapon to disable the submarine penguin and force him to the surface, where a fist fight. Although Batman and Robin win the fight, Batman is heartbroken to learn that his "true love" Miss Kitka is actually Catwoman when her mask falls off. Commodore Schmidlapp accidentally breaks a vial containing the powdered Council members and sneezes on them, scattering the dust.
Batman sets to work, building and construction to develop a super molecular dust separator for filtering the mixed dust. Robin asks him whether it may be in the worlds interests for them to alter the dust samples so that humans can no longer hurt each other. In response, Batman says that they cannot do so, reminding Robin about the fate of penguins henchmen and their tainted rehydration, and can only hope for people in General to learn to live together peacefully on their own.
The whole world is watching how the Security Council is re-hydrated. All participants will be recovered alive and well, but continue to squabble among themselves, totally oblivious of her surroundings, but each of them now speaks the language and displays of the nation in addition to its stereotypical manners. Batman quietly expresses his sincere hope to Robin that this "mixing of minds" does more good than harm. The Duo quietly leaves the headquarters of the organization, climbed out of the window and came down on their batropes.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- George Sawaya as quetch.
- Van Williams credits the voice, as President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Stafford repp as chief miles ohara.
- Lee Meriwether as Catwoman.
- Burgess Meredith as the penguin.
- Neil Hamilton as Commissioner James "Jim" Gordon.
- Alan Napier as Alfred Pennyworth.
- Frank Gorshin as the Riddler.
- Adam West as Bruce Wayne / Batman.
- Madge Blake as aunt Harriet Cooper.
- Dick Crockett as Morgan.
- Milton Frome as Vice Admiral Fangschleister.
- Burt ward as dick Grayson / Robin.
- Cesar Romero The Joker.
- Gil Perkins as Bluebeard.
- Reginald Denny as Commodore Schmidlapp.
The film includes most of the original members of TV: actors, Batman, Robin, Alfred, Gordon, ohara, aunt Harriet, the Joker, the Penguin and the Riddler all reprised her role. Although Julie Newmar was in this moment played Catwoman in two episodes of the first season in the series, she had other commitments at that time and was replaced by Lee Meriwether in the film. According to the biography special Catwoman: her many lives, aired 20 July 2004 Newmar could not repeat her role because of a back injury. Catwoman, however, play a Newmar again next eleven episodes of season two of the series, then Eartha Kitt to play Catwoman in three episodes of the third season.
In his autobiography, Adam West writes of his asking for more money to make the film and that the producers to deal with the fact that another actor will be hired. Dennis Batman final film appearance. Jack LaLanne cameo as a man on a rooftop with bikini-clad women.
3. Production. (Производство)
William Dozie wanted to make a big screen film to generate interest in the proposed TV series of Batman, having the feature in theaters while the first season of the series was rolling before the cameras. The Studio, 20th Century Fox, refused because he will have to cover all the costs of the film, although only a fraction of the cost of serials is much less risky.
In the film, many characters from the show. It was written by series writer Lorenzo Semple Jr. and directed by Leslie H. Martinson, who has directed a couple of TV season one episode: "the Penguin goes straight" and "Oh no, he Aint".
3.1. Production. The tone and theme. (Тон и тема)
Although it is often described as in many modern shows like a parody of a popular comic book character, some commentators believe that its Comedy is not so tightly restricted. They felt the image of the movies Caped Crusader "captured the feel of contemporary comics perfectly". The film was, they remind us, made at a time when "the Batman of the Golden age comics was already essentially neutered".
Certain elements verge into direct parody of the history of Batman. The film, like the series, is strongly influenced by the obscure 1940s Batman series, such as the escapes done almost lucky. The penchant for giving devices a "bat-" prefix, and the dramatic use of stylized title cards during fight scenes to recognize some of the conventions that the character had accumulated in various media. However, most of the Batman with more campy moments can be read in a broader parody on contemporary mid-1960-ies the culture as a whole.
In addition, the movie represented Batmans first major foray into the issues of the cold war, paying particular attention to Polaris missiles, war surplus submarines and taking a poke at the Pentagon. The inclusion of a glory-hunting presidential character and the negative image of the members of the Security Council marked Batmans first attempts to mock domestic and international policy.
3.2. Production. Means. (Значит)
Besides the Batmobile, other vehicles used by the dynamic Duo include:
- Batboat set for Glastron.
- Batcycle with side car.
Of the three new Batvehicles, which first appeared in the Batman film, only the Batcycle properly crossed over into the TV series as a budget limits the series does not allow full use of the other. While the Batcopter and Batboat from the movie appeared briefly in the episodes, including use of the Batboat in the conclusion of the first post-film two parts: "to walk the straight and narrow", they primarily did so in the form of stock-footage from the film, mounted in series.
4. Soundtrack. (Саундтрек)
Nelson riddles soundtrack to the Batman film was released in 2010 in Los Angeles and recording music Fox. The album contains the entire score as heard in the film in chronological order and unreleased Cue. This limited edition includes an illustrated color booklet that features exclusive liner notes Brian Baterwhite. This limited edition was of 2.000 units.
It was re-released in 2016. Although the program and master this release is identical to the 2010 release, this release contains all new and exclusive live recordings by John Takis and the art design by Jim Titus. This new limited run of 2.500 units.
5. Release. (Релиз)
Batman premiere at the Paramount theatre in Austin, Texas, on July 30, 1966, between the first and second seasons of the series, he was pretty successful at the box office. In the Batboat in the movie was created by the Austin company Glastron, payment of which was that the premiere of the film in his hometown. In connection with the premiere, Jean Boone of Austin CBS affiliate station KTBC interview the cast, including Lee Meriwether, Cesar Romero, and Adam West.
ABC, the network which previously aired the Batman television series, first aired the film on July 4, 1971 edition of the ABC Sunday night movie, the film was quickly broadcast on ABC on 4 September of the same year. The film debuted on home video through VHS and Betamax release in 1985, the theater video, in 1989 by CBS / Fox video in 1994 by Fox video. The film was released on DVD in 2001 and rereleased July 1, 2008 on DVD and Blu-ray discs.
The film received generally positive reviews for many years. The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported that 78% of critics gave the film a positive review, based on 32 reviews, with an average rating of 6.22 / 10. Sites critics consensus reads: "Batman: the movie elevates camp to an art form - and had a blast doing it, every gloriously tongue-in-cheek inch of the way". On the website Metacritic the film has a weighted average score of 71 out of 100 based on 4 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews". Bill Gibron of Filmcritic.com gave the film 3 out 5 stars: "unlike other attempts at bringing these characters to life.the TV cast really captures the inherent insanity of the roles." Variety magazine stated on their review that "the intense innocent enthusiasm of Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Frank Gorshin and as the three criminals is balanced against the innocent and peaceful Adam West and Burt ward Batman and Robin respectively."
6.1. Welcome The checkout. (Кассе)
According to Fox records, the film should earn $3.200.000 rental breakeven to $3.900.000.
- two serial films in the 1940s: Batman and Batman and Robin. The character also appeared in the 1966 film Batman which was a feature film adaptation of
- years a Batman live - action film was released he mentions that weird one in 1966 in which the film briefly shows a clip of Adam West s Batman dancing
- Batman in films may refer to: Batman 1966 film directed by Leslie H. Martinson starring Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith Batman
- characters who appeared in the 1966 1968 live - action Batman television series. Burt Ward as Robin left and Adam West as Batman right Yvonne Craig as Batgirl
- Batman comic strip in newspapers from 1943 to 1991 Batman manga several comic series published in Japan Batman 1966 film based on the 1966 television
- James Batman is a 1966 Filipino Batman James Bond cinematic spoof produced by Dolores H. Vera and released by Sampaguita Pictures. It stars the Philippine
- film adaptation. The following is a list of cast members who voiced or portrayed characters appearing in the Batman films The list is sorted by film
- as Robin In 1966 a Batman feature film based on the contemporaneous Batman television series was released. It starred Adam West as Batman Burt Ward as
- after Season 1 finished airing, a cinematic feature film of Batman premiered in cinemas on July 30, 1966 featuring four of the most prominent villains, and
- upcoming Batman TV series. He started customizing a 1959 Cadillac, but when the studio wanted the program on the air in January 1966 and therefore filming sooner
- season of the Batman television series, the cast and crew made the theatrical film Batman 1966 The Who recorded the theme song from the Batman show for
- The Batman comic strip began on October 25, 1943, a few years after the creation of the comic book Batman At first titled Batman and Robin, a later incarnation
- Dragster Batman s Buggy and Bat - Tank have also been introduced. The Batmobile appears similar to the way it does in the 1989 film while the Batboat
- The Lego Batman Movie is a 2017 3D computer - animated superhero comedy film produced by the Warner Animation Group and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures
- action - comedy lampoon series Batman and its 1966 theatrical feature film spin - off starring Adam West and Burt Ward. The Batman Bruce Wayne Lewis Wilson
- DC Comics character Batman The sequel to the 1989 film Batman it is the second installment of Warner Bros. initial Batman film series, and stars Michael
- Also in 1966 the ABC Television Network launched a live action Batman TV series Because of Batman s growing success in the mid 60s, a Batman costume
- versions of Batman from all media types, including the DC Comics multiverse, Elseworlds comics, television, and film Bruce Wayne is the original Batman This
- Batman vs. Two - Face is a 2017 American animated direct - to - video superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by Warner Bros. Home
- The year 1966 in film involved some significant events. A Man for All Seasons won six Academy Awards, including Best Picture. October 19 - Gulf and Western
- Batman 66 is a comic book series published by DC Comics featuring Batman as a continuation of the 1966 68 television series starring Adam West and Burt
- Batman The Animated Series is an American superhero animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman Developed by Bruce Timm, Paul
- Comics superhero Batman and was based on Christopher Nolan s film The Dark Knight. In Batman The Dark Knight, the player controlled Batman who could freely
- Batman has been featured in many ongoing series, limited series and graphic novels published by DC Comics. These titles have been handled or coordinated
- Batman Theme the title song of the 1966 Batman TV series, was composed by Neal Hefti. This song is built around a guitar hook reminiscent of spy film
- Version Batman 1989 film Batman The Animated Series Batman Forever Batman Robin The Dark Knight Batman The Brave and the Bold Batman Arkham Asylum
- The Batman family enemies are a collection of fictional supervillains appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. These characters are depicted
- a 2008 superhero film directed, co - produced, and co - written by Christopher Nolan. Based on the DC Comics character Batman the film is the second installment
- Romero in the 1966 film Batman Jack Nicholson in the 1989 film Batman Heath Ledger in the 2008 film The Dark Knight Jared Leto in the 2016 film Suicide Squad
- Batman is an ongoing American comic book series featuring the DC Comics superhero Batman as its main protagonist. The character first appeared in Detective