★ Funny Games (2007 film)
Funny games 2007 international co-produced psychological Thriller film from writer-Director Michael Haneke, a remake of his own 1997 film of the same name. Naomi watts, Tim Roth, Michael pitt and Brady Corbet star in the main role. The film frame for frame remake of the 1997 film, albeit in English and in the United States from different perspectives. Exterior scenes were filmed on long island. The film is an international co-production of USA, UK, France, Germany and Italy. Haneke said that the film is a reflection and criticism of violence in the media.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
George and Ann Farber, their son Georgie, and their dog lucky enough to come to their house on the lake. Their next-door neighbor, Fred, is seen with two young men, Peter and Paul. They find Fred reacts a little awkward. Fred and Paul came to help put the boat in the lake. After they left, George and Georgie stay outdoors by the lake, tending to their boat. Georgie asks his father why Fred is so strange.
And Anne in the kitchen cooking, Peter visits and asks to borrow some eggs. Ann gives him eggs, but Peter clumsily drops them. A bit annoying after Peter accidentally knocks her phone into the sink filled with water, Ann gives him another four eggs and he will leave. Soon she hears the happy barking and finds Peter and Paul inside together. Lucky jumped on top of Peter, forcing him to break the second batch of eggs. Paul asks her to try one of the Golf clubs to the street, and she reluctantly agrees. In the boat, George and Georgie heard lucky barking hysterically, when suddenly the barking stops. Peter and Paul to ask for more eggs, she will be upset, but George arrives and tries to get people to leave, slamming Paul. In retaliation, Peter breaks one of Georges legs with a Golf club. Then two young men take a family hostage.
Paul brings Ann on a hunt to find the family dog, whom he had killed with Georges Golf club. When their neighbors, the Thompsons, the visit, Ann passes the two men off as friends. After returning to the house, Farbers forced to participate in a number of sadistic games to stay alive. Paul asks if George or Ann wants to bet that they will be alive by 9:00 in the morning, and says that he and Peter are betting they will not. Paul frequently ridicules Peters weight and lack of intelligence, and describes a number of contradictory stories about the past of Peters, although no definitive explanation is not presented, as the mens origins and motives.
During the games, Peter and Paul put Georgies head in a bag and ask Ann to strip. George gasped, while George asks that Anne follow the instructions people. When released from the bag, George runs away from home with the help of parents. He goes to the neighbors, where he discovers their bloody corpses. Meanwhile, Paul the search for subject Georgie Ann with the tape, leaving Peter to guard her and George. Anna pleads with Peter to let them go but he refuses. Georgie finds the shotgun in the neighbors house, and Paul tells him to go ahead and shoot him but the gun didnt work. Paul returns him to the living room, and gives the shotgun to Peter.
Men play a new game, saying that whoever gets counted out will be shot. While the floors in the kitchen getting something to eat, Georgie panics and runs, which results in Peter shooting and killing him. Paul scolds Peter for what hes feeling frisky again, and the two men decide to temporarily leave. George and Ann is grief-stricken over their loss, but they eventually resolve to survive. Ann was able to free himself and escape from the house while George desperately tries to make a call on a faulty phone. Ann could not find help, only to be re-captured by Peter and Paul, who return her to the house.
After stabbing George, they tell Anne to say grace before you make a choice for her husband, a painful and prolonged death "little" knife, or a quick and violent death with the "big" gun. And Paul says, Ann seizes the shotgun on the table in front of her and kills Peter. Furious Paul grabs his shotgun and starts looking for the TV remote. Upon finding it, he rewinds the last occurrences back to a moment before Ann grabs the shotgun, breaking the fourth wall. On "no more", Paul snatches the shotgun away before she can grab it and admonishes her, saying that she isnt allowed to break the rules.
Peter and Paul to kill George and take Ann bound and gagged on the family boat. Ann tries to escape but is caught by Peter and Paul. About eight oclock, they casually throw it in the water to drown, thus winning the bet. They knock on the door of the house the Thompsons and ask for some eggs. The film ends with Paul glancing at the camera with a grin.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Michael pitt as Paul.
- Boyd Gaines as Fred, Farbers neighbor.
- Naomi watts as Ann Farber.
- Susanne Haneke as Betsys sister-in-law.
- Devon gearhart as Georgie Farber.
- Brady Corbet as Peter.
- Robert Lupone as Robert Thompson.
- Linda Moran as eve.
- Siobhan Fallon Hogan as Betsy Thompson.
- Tim Roth as George Farber.
For 2007s in the American remake, the character of Gerda was renamed "Betsy", the second family become victims of Paul and Peter was granted the surname "Farber" and the third family was given the surname "Thompson."
3. Development. (Развитие)
Michael Haneke wanted to make a film in the United States, but also for practical reasons, he had to install the original 1997 film in Austria.
After the 2007 Film is a single house including props and tones, Robert Koehler, film Director and screenwriter wrote that it "proves that if he uses a large operator Jurgen Jurges 1997 version or the Great Darius Khondji for the new film by Michael Haneke at the root of your operator has a significant control over all watch his movies."
4. Release. (Релиз)
The films British premiere at the London film festival on 20 October 2007. U.S. premieres at the Sundance film festival 2008 January 19, 2008. Began limited release in the US and Canada March 14, 2008, distribution Warner independent. Came on April 8, 2008 release in more theaters. The film was shown at the Istanbul film festival in April 2008. He received wide theatrical distribution in the United States until the release of DVD. Funny games was a box office failure, having collected little more than half of its budget of $ 15 million. Guardian writer Geoffrey macnab included funny games, the lack of success among the reasons for the closure of tartan films, which co-produced the film and released it in the UK. In Germany, the film was released under the title "Funny games USA".
The poster of the films Made by Akiko Stehrenberger, is a professional poster designer Adrian curry to be his favorite movie poster of 2000s years.
4.1. Release. Home media. (Домашний медиа)
The DVD was released on June 10, 2008 in the United States. The DVD does not contain any extra material but instead it includes both widescreen and full screen editions on one disc. In the UK on DVD and Blu-ray was released on 28 July with the extra material is the original theatrical trailer, q & a & a with producers Hamish McAlpine and Chris Coen, interviews with the cast, viral video clips and film notes.
5. Topics. (Темы)
Haneke claims that the whole movie wasnt conceived as a horror film. He says he wanted to make a message about violence in the media, making it incredibly violent, but otherwise pointless movie. He wrote a short essay showing how he felt on the matter, titled "Violence media". The essay is included as a Chapter in the book companion by Michael Haneke.
The film received mixed reviews from critics. The review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reported that 51% of critics gave the film positive reviews, based on 142 reviews. Web sites critical consensus reads: "though made with great skill Funny games is nevertheless a sadistic exercise in audience punishment." Metacritic reported the film had an average score of 44 points out of 100, based on 33 reviews, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
Todd Gilchrist from IGN called the film "unrelenting and brilliant, funny games is a truly excellent film – sharp, artistic Triumph that doubles as a remarkably thrilling and unique cinematic experience." Conversely, Joshua Rothkopf from new York times called the film "a sour Project that defines anti-imaginative." A. O. Scott of the new York times wrote: "at least with the remake Funny games, Mr. Haneke shows a certain kinship with someone like Eli Roth, whose hostel movies have brought nothing but scorn from responsible critics". Chicago sun-times review of 14 March 2008 gave the film a half star out of four.
In the London newspaper the Times ranked him #25 on the 100 worst films of 2008 list, calling it "an art-house torture porn."
- Funny Games may refer to: Funny Games 1997 film an Austrian horror film Funny Games 2007 film a shot - for - shot remake of the 1997 film by the same
- Funny Games is a 1997 Austrian psychological thriller film written and directed by Michael Haneke, and starring Susanne Lothar, Ulrich Muhe, and Arno Frisch
- Film Makers - T.U.C.TH. The film was accomplished in only 14 days nights. It was compared to Michael Haneke s Funny Games because of the similarities
- Norway around 28 percent. Nordisk Film Games invest in Nordic gaming studios. One of the earlier games by Nordisk Film Games was KoGaMa. KoGaMa is a 3D multiplayer
- The Art of the Deal: The Movie is a 2016 American parody film by the production company Funny or Die. The satire of businessman Donald Trump was released
- Marc Forster, 2006 On The Road With Judas J.J. Lask, 2007 Funny Games Michael Haneke, 2007 Synecdoche, New York Charlie Kaufman, 2008 Tropic Thunder
- TMNT also known as TMNT 2007 or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a 2007 American computer - animated martial arts superhero film written and directed by
- Chainsaw Massacre 2003 The Hills Have Eyes 2006 and its sequel in 2007 Funny Games 2008 The Last House on the Left 2009 and I Spit on Your Grave
- Ribbon. Her films The White Ribbon, The Piano Teacher and Funny Games were shown at the Cannes Film Festival. Lothar married actor Ulrich Muhe in 1997 the
- Traitor and the 1997 films The Castle and Funny Games Giering s portrayal of the psychopathic killer, Peter in Funny Games was considered a breakout
- Fatal Attraction, The River Wild, Panic Room, Misery, Cape Fear, and Funny Games Social thriller s are a thriller that uses suspense to augment attention
- Monster House is a 2006 American 3D computer - animated horror film directed by Gil Kenan, in his directorial debut, from a screenplay by Dan Harmon, Rob
- only in public places and of TV panel games What s My Perversion? are brilliantly accurate and very funny Best of all is the sci - fi parody entitled
- The golden age of arcade video games was the era when arcade video games entered pop culture and became a dominant cultural force. The exact time period
- film a score of 9 out of 10, describing it as savage, sharp, satirical, and brutally funny and a bleak commentary on humanity and society. Film critics
- explained it to her. And then she finally goes Yeah that s funny Galifianakis co - starred in the film Out Cold, and had small roles in Corky Romano, Below
- Cannes Film Festival. He subsequently directed the 2007 remake of his controversial 1997 film Funny Games At the 2009 Cannes Film Festival, his film The
- feature - length home entertainment releases Walt Disney Treasures Walt Disney s Funny Factory Walt Disney s Classic Cartoon Favorites Walt Disney s It s a
- Thiruvilaiyaadal Aarambam lit. The Beginning of Thiru s Games is a 2006 Indian Tamil - language romantic comedy film directed by Boopathy Pandian and produced by
- Schwartz: See You in the Funny Pages - Comic books enter the gift market: are pop culture gifts coming of age? The YS Complete Guide To Film And TV Licences from
- Howard Drossin born October 2, 1970 is an American composer for film and video games His work includes co - scoring with longtime collaborator RZA, The
- 1985 to September 1987 and an animated film premiered in July 1986. A sequel to the manga titled Flash Funny - face Club was published in Square Enix s
- Robert Patrick as antagonist Koga Shuko. The film takes place in an earthquake - crippled Los Angeles in 2007 the city is styled as a mix between a post - apocalyptic
- Igor is a 2008 computer - animated science fantasy horror comedy film directed by Tony Leondis from a screenplay by Chris McKenna. It was created in the
- Alvin and the Chipmunks is a 2007 American live action computer animated musical comedy film directed by Tim Hill. Based on the characters of the same
- Continent, Benny s Video, Time of the Wolf, Funny Games 2007 and Amour. Animal deaths in Haneke s films have often been portrayed through the killing
- Mr. Bean s Holiday is a 2007 comedy film directed by Steve Bendelack and written by Hamish McColl and Robin Driscoll, from a story by Simon McBurney. It
- 15 July 2018 Dark, criminal, funny with truth underneath Alokananda Dasgupta on the music of Sacred Games Scroll.in. Archived from the original
- Legend of 1900 1998 Planet of the Apes 2001 Invincible 2001 Funny Games 2007 The Incredible Hulk 2008 Arbitrage 2012 Broken 2012 Selma
- That was silly, because Flash Gordon was never intended to be funny The entire film got way out of control. According to a 2012 interview in Maxim