★ BMW Z8
The BMW Z8 is a Roadster produced by German car manufacturer BMW from 2000-2003. In Z8 was developed under the code name "E52" between 1993 and 1999, thanks to the efforts of a team of designers under the leadership of Chris bangle from 1993 to 1995. The exterior was designed by Henrik Fisker and the interior of Scott Lempert until 1995, when the latter left the BMW and the styling has been approved.
In Z8 was originally conceived as a modeling exercise intended to evoke and celebrate the 1956-1959 BMW 507. The prototype was spotted testing in the period between 1996 and 1999. Later developed the concept of a preview Z8, called stick Z07 and was presented in October 1997 at the Tokyo motor show.
1. The Concept Stick Z07. (Концепция Придерживайтесь Z07)
The concept stick Z07 was based on a parallel development program E52. As a result, the practical and legal issues requires very few changes for the production model. Comparatively, the windshield of the Z8 production series was more up and the car had a larger front airdam. Hardtop Z8 differed from the stick Z07 to be a double-bubble form with a tapering faring compared to a single dome with a truncated convex back. In Z07s exotic drivers side helmet fairing was never intended for production, in order to allow easy operation of the power soft top.
Side blinkers integrated into the side vents, making them invisible until activated. Vintage simplicity of the interior was preserved by hiding the modern equipment under retracting panels. Complex compound curves were made through the use of an expensive MiG-welded space frame made of aluminum.
2. Specifications and features. (Технические характеристики и особенности)
In Z8 cost us$128.000, was an all-aluminum chassis and body and used 4.941 CC 4.9 l, 301.5 CU in V8 engine that has a capacity of 400 HP 294 kW, 395 HP at 6.600 rpm and 500 N⋅m 369 lbf⋅ft of torque at 3.800 rpm. This engine, known internally as the S62, was built by BMW Motorsport and was shared with the E39 M5 sports sedan. The engine is located behind the front axle to provide the car with 50/50 weight distribution. The factory demanded 0-100 km / h 0-62 mph acceleration Time is 4.7 seconds, the magazine motor trend achieved 0-96 km / h 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds. Road & track measured the car lateral grip on 0.92. Car and driver magazine also tested the car and discovered that he grew up in the contemporary benchmark Ferrari 360 Modena in three important performance categories: acceleration, handling and braking. Like most BMW vehicles, the maximum speed of the Z8 was electronically limited to 250 km / h, 155.4 km / h delimited top speed of approximately 290 km / h 180 km / h.
In the Z8 used neon exterior lighting, rear lights and direction indicators work on the neon tubes that offer quicker activation than standard bulbs and are expected throughout the life of the vehicle.
Every car comes with matching color metal hardtop with rear Windows. Unlike many modern cars with a hardtop, provided that practical rather than stylistic considerations, in the Z8 hardtop was designed from the outset to complement the lines of styling car.
In order to keep the interior uncluttered, a number of functions were integrated into multifunction controls. For example, electric Windows and mirrors controlled by a single instrument. In addition, the center-mounted instrument cluster was tilted slightly towards the driver. The offset of the gauges in the middle of the dashboard was designed to offer an unobstructed view of the hood and the road ahead.
In order to promote the Z8 to collectors and reinforce the speculation in the media about cars "classic" potential, BMW promised that a 50-year supply of spare parts will be maintained in order to support the Z8 fleet. Due to the limited production, all elements of the car were designed and finished by hand, thereby compounding the importance of ongoing manufacturer support for the type. The process of price and production has allowed BMW, we offer customized options for interested buyers. A considerable number of cars with custom paint and interior treatments were produced over the four years of production by BMW individual, a division of BMW AG.
2.1. Specifications and features. The Safety Car Z8. (Автомобиль Безопасности Зет8)
The safety car version Z8 were manufactured for use in the 2001 season in MotoGP.
3. Alpina Roadster V8. (Альпина Родстер В8)
With production of the Z8 completed by November 2002 Z8 was replaced by the Alpina V8 Roadster in 2003. The Alpina was a departure from the hard-edged sporting focus of the original car, and elements of the Grand touring intent were evident throughout this final iteration. Instead of 6-speed manual and 4.9 l S62 engine is presented in its original Z8, the Alpina came only with an automatic transmission, using a 5-speed Steptronic transmission from BMW paired with a 4.8 l Alpina-tuned BMW M62 V8 engine from the Alpina E39 B10 V8 S. in order to complete the transition from car sports car refined Grand Tourer, a softer suspension setting was used. Z8s standard run-flat tires on 18 in 46 cm wheels were discarded in favor of conventional tires with soft sidewalls, mounted on 20 in 51 cm Alpina wheels. New soft grade of Nappa leather replaced the Z8s less supple specification, and special Alpina gauges were installed on the instrument cluster. Alpina steering wheel with three solid spokes replaced the original, which could not be retrofitted with shift paddles for the automatic transmission. Gear selection was displayed in an Alpina-specific display mounted in front of the steering wheel.
The performance and capacity of Alpina Roadster V8 is different from the standard car in that peak power was reduced to 280 kW 381 HP, 375 HP, while peak torque was raised to 383 lb⋅ft 519 N ∙ m of torque that was available at significantly lower rpm than the original in order for more relaxed cruising. Interestingly, the maximum speed is electronically limited was officially raised to 259 km / h 161 km / h.
Production of the Roadster V8 and amounted to 555 units, 450 of which were exported to the U.S. market and only eight to the UK. In the United States, this special edition of the Z8 was sold directly through BMW dealerships, marking the first time Alpina, whose cars have never been sold through retail channels in the United States
4. Burton "Turquoise". (Бертон "Бирюза")
Presented at the Geneva motor show 2003 "turquoise" is a futuristic styled concept car designed by Bertone. Based on the Z8, he shared the 4.9 l V8 engine from the donor car, generating 400 HP 294 kW, 395 HP, paired with a 6-speed manual transmission and has fiber gull-wing carbon doors. It also has a number of innovative features including a sunroof that filters UV light, multi-language voice control and night vision.
5. Production. (Производство)
Frame Z8s were produced in the Dingolfing plant and the car was handmade in Munich. 5.703 Z8s were built in total, 3.160 in the global market and 2.543 for the North American market.
6. In popular culture. (В популярной культуре)
In Z8 was introduced as "James Bond" car in the film world is not enough released in November 1999, from scenes shot in early April 1999. He later appeared in the James bond 007 video games and racing agent under fire, the last of which showed the car on the cover. In Z8 can also be brought to a rash in the video game need for speed: hot pursuit 2. In addition, the car is driven Jackie chans and Jennifer Love Hewitts of the characters in a tuxedo, was released in September 2002.
- model called the Z8 5, 703 Z 8 s were built, approximately half of which were exported to the United States. The first - generation BMW Z 4 was known as the
- Z8 or Z - 8 may refer to: BMW Z8 an automobile Changhe Z - 8 a Chinese transport helicopter, license produced Aerospatiale Super Frelon Motorola RIZR Z8
- The BMW Z 3 is a range of two - seater sports cars which was produced from 1995 to 2002. The body styles of the range are: 2 - door roadster E36 7 model code
- BMW Z 4 E89 is the second generation of the BMW Z 4 range of two - door roadsters, and was produced from 2009 to 2016. The E89 replaced the E85 E86 Z 4
- sports cars BMW Z 1, a two - seat roadster BMW Z 3, the first modern mass - market roadster produced by BMW BMW Z 4, a rear - wheel drive sports car BMW Z8 limited
- The first generation of the BMW Z 4 consists of the BMW E85 roadster version and BMW E86 coupe version sports cars. The E85 E86 generation was produced
- The BMW M Coupe and BMW M Roadster are high performance models of the BMW Z 3 and BMW Z 4 coupes roadsters produced by BMW M. The first generation was based
- assembled at BMW s Dingolfing plant. Applications: 1998 2003 BMW 5 Series E39 M5 2000 2004 Hartge H50 BMW 3 Series E46 2000 2003 BMW Z8 1999 2006 Ascari
- From 507 to Z8 SAE International Jouret and Werb, 507s star at Pebble Beach Bimmer magazine, p. 3 Joseph, Noah 24 July 2014 BMW begins restoring
- The BMW Z 9 or Z 9 Gran Turismo, Z 9 GT is a four - seat coupe concept car, carbon - fiber skin over an aluminum space frame. It was introduced on September
- The BMW 8 Series is a range of grand tourers produced by BMW The 8 Series was introduced in 1990 under the E31 model code and was only available as a
- motorcycles. BMW F650GS F800GS BMW F800R BMW F800S BMW F800ST BMW G450X BMW G650 Xmoto, Xchallenge, and Xcountry BMW R1200GS BMW R1200R BMW R1200RT BMW R1200S
- The BMW E31 is the first generation of the BMW 8 Series. It is a grand tourer built by BMW from 1990 to 1999 powered by either a V 8 or V12 engine. While
- The BMW i 8 is a plug - in hybrid sports car developed by BMW The i 8 is part of BMW s electric fleet Project i being marketed as a new sub - brand, BMW i
- BMW Z 1 is the first model in BMW s line of Z series roadsters two - seater convertibles and was produced in limited numbers from 1989 to 1991. The Z 1
- BMW Marine GmbH was BMW s marine engine division. BMW s interest in marine engines dated back to 1913 they began making marine engines in 1919 after
- second generation of the BMW 8 Series consists of the BMW G14 convertible version BMW G15 two - door coupe version and BMW G16 four - door Gran Coupe
- BMW in 1922. However the name BMW dates back to 1913, when the original company to use the name BMW was born initially as Rapp Motorenwerke BMW s
- The BMW 3 Series is a compact executive car manufactured by the German automaker BMW since May 1975. It is the successor to the 02 Series and has been
- The BMW Art Car Project was introduced by the French racecar driver and auctioneer Herve Poulain, who wanted to invite an artist to create a canvas on
- The G32 BMW 6 Series is the second generation of the BMW Gran Turismo range of fastback mid - size luxury cars, and was launched in 2017 as the successor
- The BMW E36 is the third generation of the BMW 3 Series range of compact executive cars, and was produced from 1990 to 2000. The initial models were of
- BMW M GmbH, formerly known as BMW Motorsport GmbH, is a high - performance division of BMW AG that manufactures high - performance cars. BMW M M for motorsport
- The BMW i is a sub - brand of BMW founded in 2011 to design and manufacture plug - in electric vehicles. The company s initial plans call for the release
- Series Gran Turismo, BMW 5 Series, BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo, BMW 7 Series, BMW X1, BMW X3, BMW X4, BMW X5, BMW X7 and MINI Countryman. BMW 3 Series Sedan
- The BMW M6 is a high - performance version of the 6 Series marketed under the BMW M sub - brand from 1983 2018 with a break from 1990 2004 Introduced in
- M52. The BMW S54 is the equivalent high performance engine, which was used in the E46 M3, the Z 3 M Coupe Roadster and the E85 Z 4 M. The BMW M56 SULEV
- and other vehicles, presented by BMW Norbye, Jan P. 1984 Postwar Panache: Baroque Angels, Timeless Sports Cars BMW - Bavaria s Driving Machines. Skokie
- The BMW 132 was a nine - cylinder radial aircraft engine produced by BMW starting in 1933. BMW took over a license for manufacturing air - cooled radial engines
- The BMW 3 Series Compact is a 3 - door hatchback version of the BMW 3 Series, which was produced from 1993 through 2004. Initially based on the E36 platform