Swiftships is a shipbuilding and marine engineering company headquartered in South Louisiana, United States. The company operates worldwide and specializes in the construction of small and medium-sized vessels made of steel, aluminum or fiberglass. Swiftships is engaged in the design, construction, repair and maintenance of ships.
1. History. (История)
Founded by Fred Sewart in 1942, Swiftships began as Sewart Machine Works and then as Sewart Seacraft in 1946. The company became a supplier of "fast boats" to the US Navy during the Vietnam war. Swiftships supplied 193 fast patrol vessels to the US Navy throughout the conflict. The purpose of the speedboats mission was to provide the fleet with a fast boat that could patrol the riverbanks for enemy soldiers.
In 1969, the company was renamed Swiftships.
Since 2004 and beyond, Swiftships has built vessels for the Gulf of Mexico oil and gas industry and restored vessels for the Dominican Republic.
The company created its first fully unmanned surface ship in 2015, called the Anaconda AN-1 and later the Anaconda AN-2, for which Swiftships teamed up with ul-Lafayette and augmented technology developers.
Since 1942, Swiftships has designed and built more than 600 naval vessels and commercial platforms.
1.1. History. Joint production. (Совместное производство)
In 2008, the company signed a contract with the Egyptian Navy, initiating a program of joint production and construction of vessels within the country. The partnership includes a shipyard in Alexandria, where the company produces patrol vessels.
In 2009, Swiftships was awarded a contract from the US Navy to provide follow-up technical support on behalf of the Iraqi Navy, which included the establishment of a ship repair facility in Umm Qasr, Iraq.
1.2. History. Sazhen. (Сажень)
In 2020, Swiftships operates 3 shipyards in the United States and 1 co-production shipyard with the Egyptian Navy in Alexandria, Egypt:
- New Iberia, General. (Новая Иберия, Генерал)
- Morgan City, Louisiana. (Морган-Сити, Луизиана)
- Freeport, Texas. (Фрипорт, Техас)
- Egyptian Shipyard Repair Building Co ESRBC partnership with Egyptian Navy EN to co-Production Swift vessels in Egypt under an approved MLA by USG.
2. Products. (Продукты)
Types of vessels include:
- Unmanned surface ships-Anaconda An-2.
- Corvettes: Swiftships has started a program with the Pakistan Navy to build multi-purpose offshore platforms, 75-meter corvettes, for security and high-threat missions.
- Fast patrol vessels: the company has supplied Swiftships model 35PB1208 E-1455 vessels to Iraq, Bahrain, the US government and others.
- Landing craft: the company has a long-term agreement with the US government to build up to 32 new LCU series.
- Fast logistics vessels: to Rodi Marine and other commercial groups.
Users also searched:
swiftships, 1700s in texas. swiftships,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →