ⓘ Sex in space
Sex in space is human sexual activity in the weightlessness of outer space. It presents difficulties for the performance of most sexual activities due to Newtons third law. According to the law, if the couple remain attached, their movements will counter each other. Consequently, their actions will not change their velocity unless they are affected by another, unattached, object. Some difficulty could occur due to drifting into other objects. If the couple have a combined velocity relative to other objects, collisions could occur. There have been suggestions that conception and pregnancy in off-Earth environments could be an issue.
As of 2009, with NASA planning long-term missions for lunar settlements with goals to explore and colonize space, the topic has taken a respected place in life sciences. Scientist Stephen Hawking publicly concluded in 2006 that possibly human survival itself will depend on successfully contending with the extreme environments of space.
1. Physiological issues
Numerous physiological changes have been noted during spaceflight, many of which may affect sex and procreation. Such effects would be a result of factors including gravity changes, radiation, noise, vibration, isolation, disrupted circadian rhythms, stress, or a combination of these factors.
1.1. Physiological issues Gravity and microgravity
The primary issue to be considered in off-Earth reproduction is the lack of gravitational acceleration. Life on Earth, and thus the reproductive and ontogenetic processes of all extant species and their ancestors, evolved under the constant influence of the Earths 1 g gravitational field. It is imperative to study how space environment affects critical phases of mammalian reproduction and development as well as events surrounding fertilization, embryogenesis, pregnancy, birth, postnatal maturation, and parental care. Gravity affects all aspects of vertebrate development, including cell structure and function, organ system development, and even behavior. As gravity regulates mammalian gene expression, there are significant implications for successful procreation in an extraterrestrial environment.
Studies conducted on reproduction of mammals in microgravity include experiments with rats. Although the fetus developed properly once exposed to normal gravity, the rats that were raised in microgravity lacked the ability to right themselves. Another study examined mouse embryo fertilization in microgravity. Although both groups resulted in healthy mice once implanted at normal gravity, the authors noted that the fertilization rate was lower for the embryos fertilized in microgravity than for those in normal gravity. Currently no mice or rats have developed while in microgravity throughout the entire developmental cycle.
1.2. Physiological issues 2Suit
The 2suit alternately 2-Suit or twosuit is a garment designed to facilitate low-effort sex in the weightless environments such as outer space, or on planets with low gravity. The flight garment, invented by American novelist Vanna Bonta, was one of the subjects of Sex in Space, a 2008 History Channel television documentary about the biological and emotional implications of human migration and reproduction beyond Earth. The 2suit sparked international discussions in news and political debates as a metaphor for human colonization of space.
2. Planned attempts
In February 2013, Dennis Titos Inspiration Mars Foundation announced that they were going to send a two-person crew – a man and a woman – on a 501-day, free-return, flyby mission to Mars and back. Jane Poynter stressed the importance of the pre-existing stable emotional bond between the members of the couple. She cited her own experience as being a Biosphere 2 crew member together with her husband Taber MacCallum, who is the chief technology officer of Inspiration Mars.
In June 2015, Pornhub announced its plans to make the first pornographic film in space. It launched a crowdfunding campaign to fund the effort, dubbed Sexploration, with the goal of raising $3.4 million in 60 days. The campaign only received pledges for $236.086. If funded, the film would have been slated for a 2016 release, following six months of training for the two performers and six-person crew. Though it claimed to be in talks with multiple private spaceflight carriers, the company declined to name names "for fear that would risk unnecessary fallout" from the carriers. A Space.com article about the campaign mentioned that in 2008, Virgin Galactic received and rejected a $1 million offer from an undisclosed party to shoot a sex film on board SpaceShipTwo.
Adult film actress CoCo Brown had begun certifying for a co-pilot seat in the XCOR Lynx spaceplane, which would have launched in a suborbital flight in 2016 and spent a short amount of time in zero-gravity. However, XCOR declared bankruptcy before ever flying a space tourist.
Short of actual space, the adult entertainment production company Private Media Group has filmed a movie called The Uranus Experiment: Part Two where an actual zero-gravity intercourse scene was accomplished by flying an airplane to an altitude of 11.000 feet 3350 meters and then doing a steep dive. The filming process was particularly difficult from a technical and logistical standpoint. Budget constraints allowed for only one 20-second shot, featuring the actors Sylvia Saint and Nick Lang. Berth Milton, Jr, president and CEO of Private Media Group, says "You would not want to be afraid of flying, thats for sure!"
3. In popular culture
Science fiction writer and futurist Isaac Asimov, in a 1973 article "Sex in a Spaceship", conjectured what sex would be like in the weightless environment of space, anticipating some of the benefits of engaging in sex in an environment of microgravity.
On July 23, 2006, a Sex in Space panel was held at the Space Frontier Foundations annual conference. Speakers were science journalist-author Laura Woodmansee, who presented her book Sex in Space ; Jim Logan, the first graduate of a new aerospace medicine residency program to be hired by NASAs Johnson Space Center in Houston; and Vanna Bonta, an American poet, novelist, and actress who had recently flown in zero gravity and had agreed to an interview for Woodmansees book. The speakers made presentations that explored "the biological, emotional, and. physical issues that will confront people moving into the space environment." NBC science journalist Alan Boyle reported on the panel, opening a world discussion of a topic previously considered taboo.
"Sex in Space" was the title of an episode of the History Channel documentary television series The Universe in 2008. The globally distributed show was dubbed into foreign languages, opening worldwide discussion about what had previously been avoided as a taboo subject. Sex in space became a topic of discussion for the long-term survival of the human species, colonization of other planets, inspired songs, and humanized reasons for space exploration.
The idea of sex in space appears frequently in science fiction. Arthur C. Clarke claimed to first address it in his novel Rendezvous with Rama 1973.Among films that include space-sex themes are Moonraker, Moving Violations, Supernova and Cube 2: Hypercube. In the novelization of Alien, Parker tells Brett about an episode of zero-G sex that went wrong. A more recent and perhaps more realistic description of the mechanics of low-gravity intercourse is presented in "Sex in Space: The Video", a short story contained in Susie Brights The Best American Erotica 2004. The story uses cheating astronauts to describe techniques humans might use to copulate in space without special apparatus. The difficulties microgravity poses for human intimacy were also discussed in an anonymous fictional "NASA Document 12-571-3570" in 1989, where the use of an elastic belt and an inflatable tunnel were proposed as solutions to these problems. A mission patch and other documents were determined to be hoaxes.
- Sex segregation or sex separation is the physical, legal, and cultural separation of people according to their biological sex Sex segregation can refer
- International Space Station Sex in space Survival in space Writing in space Human spaceflight Space portal Spaceflight portal Outline of aerospace Space Sciences
- consensual space of adult and sex - positive nature where all expressions of gender, orientation, and relationships are free of any pressure. Largely in Mexico
- Space Race is a song by New Zealand group Mi - Sex released in June 1980 as the second single from their second studio album, Space Race 1980 The
- A sex worker is a person who is employed in the sex industry. The term is used in reference to all those in all areas of the sex industry, including those
- 987041000 The Museum of Sex also known as Mo Sex is a sex museum located at 233 Fifth Avenue at the corner of East 27th Street in Manhattan, New York City
- Sex Vixens From Space is a 1990 video game developed and published by American studio Free Spirit Software. Sex Vixens From Space is an erotic adventure
- authors imagined cultures in which a variety of gender models and atypical sexual relationships are the norm, and depictions of sex acts and alternative sexualities
- by New Zealand rock band Mi - Sex Space Race Mi - Sex song the titular song by Mi - Sex on their eponymous 1980 album Space Race Billy Preston song
- located in Seattle, Washington. It organizes events and provides space for several different sex - positive subcultures, notably BDSM, Swinging, and polyamory
- and many still have, some form of female seclusion. Women - only spaces are a form of sex segregation, and practices such as women - only public toilets, women - only
- to Space is the second episode of the first season of the American period drama television series Masters of Sex It aired on October 6, 2013 in the
- Sex in advertising is the use of sex appeal in advertising to help sell a particular product or service. According to research, sexually appealing imagery
- consumption of housing spaces of sex education the sexualisation of leisure and retail spaces landscapes of sex tourism spaces of love, caring and intimacy
- reproductive rights, safe sex birth control and sexual abstinence. Sex education that covers all of these aspects is known as comprehensive sex education. Common
- Mi - Sex also styled as Mi Sex is a New Zealand new wave rock band that was originally active from 1977 to 1986. Led by Steve Gilpin as vocalist, Kevin
- all persons in the sex industry. The term sex work refers primarily to prostitution, but also encompasses adult video performers, phone sex operators
- many countries have worked in space The first woman in space Soviet cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova, flew in 1963. Space flight programs were slow to
- sex tourism is sex tourism by women who travel intending to engage in sexual activities with one or more locals, usually male sex workers. Female sex
- Space tourism is human space travel for recreational purposes. There are several different types of space tourism, including orbital, suborbital and lunar
- distinction between sex and gender differentiates a person s biological sex the anatomy of an individual s reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics
- Sex Over the Phone is the ninth studio album by Village People. The title track, Sex Over the Phone had some airplay in Europe, but did not reach the
- A sex drive - in or sex box is a car garage or similarly shielded location that is designed to allow prostitution to take place using cars, and can be
- Sex - positive feminism, also known as pro - sex feminism, sex - radical feminism, or sexually liberal feminism, is a movement that began in the early 1980s
- The Sex Pistols were an English punk rock band that formed in London in 1975. They were responsible for initiating the punk movement in the United Kingdom
- Extramarital sex occurs when a married person engages in sexual activity with someone other than his or her spouse. The term may be applied to the situation
- where patrons can engage in sex acts with other patrons. A sex club or swinger club differs from a brothel in that while sex club patrons pay an entrance
- Same - sex marriage in Canada was progressively introduced in several provinces by court decisions beginning in 2003 before being legally recognized nationwide
- Haffron Williams: The captain of the alien space craft, he propositions Emmanuelle to teach him about sex He transfers his knowledge to his crew. Haffron
- Sex differences in psychology are differences in the mental functions and behaviors of the sexes and are due to a complex interplay of biological, developmental