★ Snatch (film)
Snatch is a 2000 British crime Comedy film writer-Director guy Ritchie, featuring an ensemble cast. Set in the London criminal underworld, the film contains two intertwined plots: one of which is associated with the search for a stolen diamond, the other with a small-time promoter, which is under the thumb of a ruthless gangster, who is willing and wants to have his subordinates carry out severe and sadistic acts of violence.
The movie has an assortment of characters, including Irish traveller "one punch" Mickey castle brad pitt, is called "rogue" trading in arms Boris "the blade" Yurinov rade Serbedzija, professional thief and gambling addict Frankie "Four fingers" Benicio del Toro, American gangster-jeweller Abraham Denovitz known as "cousin AVI" Dennis Farina, petty criminals Sol, Lennie James and Robbie Gee Vinnie, the getaway driver Tyrone hell and bounty hunter Tony the Bullet in his teeth, Vinnie Jones. It is also distinguished by a kinetic direction and editing style, intricate double plot with numerous ironic twists of chance and causality, and a fast pace.
The film shares themes, ideas and motifs with Ritchies first film, Cards, money and two Smoking barrels. This is also captured in the same visual style and features many of the same actors, including Vinnie Jones, Jason Statham and Alan Ford.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
After stealing an 86-carat 17.2 G diamond in a Heist in Antwerp, Frankie "Four-fingers" goes to London to see a diamond dealer Doug "the head" on behalf of new York jeweller "cousin AVI". One of the other robbers advises Franky to obtain a gun from ex-KGB agent Boris "the blade", then he calls Boris and urges him to steal the diamond from him before he could turn it over to Doug.
Meanwhile, promoter and slot machine shop Turkish convinces gangster "brick" to put the boxer "gorgeous George" in a match against one of the brick tops boxers. However, when Turkish sends his partner Tommy and gorgeous George to purchase a caravan from a group of Irish Travellers, George gets into a fight with Mickey castle, fist Boxing champion who badly injures George. Turkish convinces Mickey to replace George in his upcoming match by agreeing to purchase a new caravan for Mickeys mother. Brick, I agree with the change on the condition that Mickey throws the fight in the fourth round.
Boris gives Franky a gun in exchange for a favor: Frankie to bet on Boris to brick tops bookies. AVI, knowing Franky has a gambling problem, flies to London with a bodyguard "Bud" p. Diamond personally. Boris hires Vinny and Sol two small-time crooks, to Rob Franky while he is in office. The robbery goes awry and Sol, Vinny and Tyrone driver was caught on camera, but manage to kidnap Franky.
Instead of throwing the fight, Mickey knocks his opponent out with one punch. Infuriated, brick takes away from the Turkish savings and demands that Mickey fight again and lose this time. Mickey refuses to fight, unless Turkish buys a better Caravan for his mother, but Turkish has no money because the brick stole his savings. Furious, brick has his men vandalize Turkishs gambling arcade and burn down Mickeys mothers caravan while shes asleep. Meanwhile, Boris retrieves the diamond and murders Franky with a gun. Brick hunts Sol, Vinny, Tyrone, and their friend, Yardie "bad boy" Lincoln and to kill them for robbing his bookies. Salt to bargain for their lives by promising brick a stolen diamond, and given 48 hours to retrieve it.
AVI and Doug hire "bullet-tooth" Tony to help them find Franky. When the trail leads to Boris, they kidnap him and retrieve the diamond, closely pursued by Sol, Vinnie and Tyrone. Turkish and Tommy, who is on the way to buy a gun from Boris, driving on this stretch of road at the time. When Tommy throws a carton of milk Turkishs out of their car window, it splashes over Tonys windshield, causing it to crash and killing rosebud in the process. Boris escapes from the wreck only to be hit by car Tyrones. Tony and AVI are confronted with Sol, Vinny and Tyrone at a pub where Tony realizes that trio guns are replicas, which he contrasts with his real gun, intimidating them to leave. The wounded Boris arrives with an assault rifle and grenade launcher, looking at the diamond, but is shot and killed by Tony, who wound Tyrone at the same time. Sol and Vinnie leave the wounded Tyrone and escape with the diamond, which Vinnie hides in his pants. When Tony catches up with them, they told him that the diamond is in their pawn shop. Once there, they produce the diamond, but she was quickly swallowed by a dog that Vinnie got from the tourists. AVI shoots wildly at the fleeing dog, accidentally kills Tony. He gives up and returns to new York.
Mickey agrees to fight in order to avoid more carnage, but got drunk and after his mothers Wake that Turkish fears he will not make it to the fourth round. If he fails to go down as agreed, brick tops men will execute Turkish, Tommy, Mickey, and the whole camp of travelers. Mickey makes it to the fourth round, when he suddenly knocks out his opponent. Outside the arena, brick and his men killed the travelers. Mickey had bet on himself to win, and waited until the fourth round to allow the travellers time to ambush and kill brick tops men at the camp.
The next morning, Turkish and Tommy find the travelers, the camp was empty. When confronted with the police, they cant explain why they are there, while Vinnys dog suddenly arrives and they claim to walk it. Sol and Vinnie was arrested when the police find Franky and Tonys bodies in their car. Turkish and Tommy take the dog to the veterinarian to extract a squeaky toy that it had swallowed, and discover the diamond in his stomach as well. They consult Doug on the sale of diamonds and he calls AVI, who returns to London.
2.1. Welcome The checkout. (Кассе)
The breakthrough was very successful, both in critical response and financial gross, and went on to develop a devoted cult following. With a budget of $ 10 million, the film has collected £12.137.698 in the United Kingdom 30.3 million dollars in the United States and Canada, and in total worldwide 83.6 million.
2.2. Welcome Critical response. (Критическая реакция)
On the review aggregator rotten tomatoes, the film has a approval rating of 73%, based on 141 reviews, with an average rating 6.41 / 10. The sites critical consensus reads: "though perhaps it is a case of style over substance, guy Ritchies second crime caper is full dialogue, black humor, and interesting characters." On Metacritic the film has a score of 55 out of 100, based on 31 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
Snatch also appears on Empire magazines 2008 poll of the 500 greatest movies of all time at number 466.
While the film received mostly positive reviews, some reviewers negatively commented on the perceived similarities in plot, characters, setting, theme and style between snatch and Ritchiess previous work, lock, stock and two Smoking barrels. In his review, Roger Ebert gave the film 2 out of 4 stars, writing that, although ostensibly rooted in the London underworld, Pitts Irish traveller community was the most interesting element of the plot and vivid films predecessors were all American: dick Tracy comic book, Damon Runyon stories, and funny comedies of the Marx brothers. He raised the question, "what should I say snatch, Ritchies new film, to block action formula so slavishly it could be like a new arrangement of the same song?" Letter in new York times, Elvis Mitchell noted that "Mr. Ritchie seems to be retreating when he needs to move forward." Some critics also argued that the film lacks depth and content, many reviewers appeared to agree with Eberts comment that "the film is not boring, but its not to build and to arrive nowhere."
The accent used Pitts character Mickey earned him a place in the top ten of "the worst Irish accent ever to grace the silver screen" compiled by the independent in March 2015. Analysis of the work of Jenn Selby said: "a cash prize for those who can understand what actually he said in one ".
3. Soundtrack. (Саундтрек)
Was released two versions of the album of the soundtrack, one on the universal International label with 23 tracks and a TVT records release with 20.
Track listing. (Трек-лист)
- "Nemesis" – Alan Ford.
- "Rrrr.Rumble" – Charles Cork.
- "Golden Brown" – Stranglers.
- "Lucky Star" – Madonna.
- "Hot Pants" – Bobby Byrd.
- "Movement" – The Overseer.
- "The Reduction In The Balls" – Vinnie Jones.
- "Come Again!" – Alan Ford.
- "Zee Germans" – Jason Statham.
- "Ghost Town" – Specials.
- "Hava Nagila" – John Murphy and Daniel L. Griffiths.
- "Angel" – Massive Attack.
- "Hernandos Hideaway" – The Johnston Brothers.
- "AVI Arrives" – Dennis Farina.
- "Avis Declaration" – Dennis Farina.
- "Dreadlocks holiday" – 10CC.
- "Sensual Woman" – The Herbaliser.
- "Ver of da storn?" – Benicio del Toro.
- "Fucking in the bushes" – Oasis.
- "Diamond" – Klint. ("Алмаз" – Клинт)
- "Dont know" – Huey "Piano" Smith and the clowns.
- "Cross the track we better go back" – Maceo and the Macks.
- "Disco Science" – Mirwais.
4. Home media. (Домашний медиа)
The film was released in multiple incarnations on DVD.
July 3, 2001, two-disc "special edition" was released containing the full screen and widescreen presentation of the feature. Also feature an audio commentary track of Director guy Ritchie and producer Matthew Vaughn. Especially on the second disc included a "making of" featurette, deleted scenes, original theatrical trailer and TV, text / photo gallery, storyboard comparisons, and filmographies.
On 17 September 2002, Columbia Tristar home entertainment released a "Deluxe collection" on DVD as part of a series of Superbit of the company. This release contains two discs, one of which features disk from original DVD release, and the other a Superbit version of the component. As in the case with Superbit presentations, the disc was absent of the additional features included in the original standard DVD such as audio commentary. The disc also contains subtitles in eight languages, including the "pikey" track, which only showed subtitles for the character Mickey.
Nine months later, on 3 June 2003, a single installation CD has been released with new cover art, containing the feature disc of the special edition. This version was just a repackaging, omitting the second disc.
On April 20, 2016, the crunch announced that the go-ahead for a new television series based on the film, was agreed upon. On August 22, it was confirmed that Rupert Grint will be the Executive producer and star of the show. The series debuted on 16 March 2017 and two seasons.
- Snatch may refer to: Snatch an album by Howie B Snatch a first - wave punk duo formed by Judy Nylon and Patti Palladin Snatch film a 2000 British crime
- Snatched may refer to: Snatched 1973 film an American made - for - television crime film starring Howard Duff and John Saxon Snatched 2011 film an American
- Body Snatchers is a 1993 American science fiction horror film directed by Abel Ferrara and starring Gabrielle Anwar, Billy Wirth, Terry Kinney, Meg Tilly
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1956 American science fiction horror film produced by Walter Wanger, directed by Don Siegel, that stars Kevin McCarthy
- The Snatch Thief Spanish: El Motoarrebatador is a 2018 Argentine drama film directed by Agustin Toscano. It was screened in the Directors Fortnight
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1978 American science fiction horror film directed by Philip Kaufman and starring Donald Sutherland, Brooke Adams
- Snatch Up Korean: 머니백 RR: Meonibaek MR: lit. Money Bag is a 2018 South Korean action comedy film written and directed by Heo Jun - hyeong. The furious
- The Body Snatcher is a 1945 horror film directed by Robert Wise based on the short story The Body Snatcher by Robert Louis Stevenson. The film s producer
- Body Snatchers is the colloquial term for a species of plantlike aliens featured in the 1955 novel The Body Snatchers by Jack Finney, the 1956 film Invasion
- Snatched is a 1973 American TV crime film directed by Sutton Roley and starring Howard Duff, John Saxon, Barbara Parkins, Robert Reed and Leslie Nielsen
- Cradle Snatchers is a 1927 American silent comedy film directed by Howard Hawks. The picture is based on the 1925 Russell Medcraft and Norma Mitchell
- Baby Snatcher is a 1992 American made - for - television drama film starring Veronica Hamel, Nancy McKeon and directed by Joyce Chopra based on a true story
- Snatched is a 2017 American comedy film directed by Jonathan Levine and written by Katie Dippold. The film stars Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn in her first
- Body Snatcher film 1945 film adaptation of Stevenson s story The Body Snatchers 1955 novel by Jack Finney Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956 film adaptation
- National Lampoon s Snatched is a 2011 American comedy film starring Andrew McCarthy and Ernest Borgnine. Andrew McCarthy as Frank Baum Jay Thomas as Roger
- Operation Snatch is a 1962 British comedy film starring Terry - Thomas and George Sanders and directed by Robert Day. The story takes place in Gibraltar
- Snatch Game is a challenge held each season starting with the second of the American reality competition television series RuPaul s Drag Race, as well
- Snatch is an American crime comedy - drama web television series based on the film of the same name directed by Guy Ritchie that premiered on March 16, 2017
- novel The Body Snatchers by Jack Finney, following Don Siegel s 1956 film Philip Kaufman s 1978 remake, and Abel Ferrara s 1993 Body Snatchers After the
- Body snatching is the secret removal of corpses from burial sites. A common purpose of body snatching especially in the 19th century, was to sell the
- first film Invasion of the Body Snatchers in 1956, the second in 1978, the third in 1993, and the fourth in 2007. Unlike the first three film adaptations
- The Body Snatcher is a short story by the Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson 1850 1894 First published in the Pall Mall Christmas Extra in December
- actions. Kojima wanted Snatcher to have a cinematic feel, so the setting and story are heavily influenced by science fiction films especially Blade Runner
- Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell 吸血鬼ゴケミドロ, Kyuketsuki Gokemidoro lit. Vampire Gokemidoro is a 1968 Japanese science fiction horror film directed by Hajime
- The Bone Snatcher is a British - Canadian horror film based on a screenplay from Malcolm Kohll and Gordon Render, the film was directed by South African
- to work on it with a hammer and chisel only for it to come to life and snatch his tools from him. He attempts to embrace the sculpture only for it to
- theme of chain snatching in the city of Chennai. Shirish makes his Tamil debut with this film The film was released on 24 June 2016. The film was dubbed
- sci - fi comedy action film. It was re - released as Invasion of the Girl Snatchers in the mid - 1980s under the Le Bad Cinema line. and then again on VHS
- starring role and Joss Ackland. The film was also known as The Mind Snatchers This film is based on Dennis J. Reardon s acclaimed play The Happiness Cage
- Boxtrolls as he attempts to save them from Archibald Snatcher a pest exterminator. The film introduces Isaac Hempstead - Wright as the voice of Eggs