★ The Invasion (film)
The invasion 2007 American science fiction horror film directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel, with additional scenes written by the Wachowski and Director James McTeigue, starring Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig and Caroline Calloway. The plot unfolds in Washington, D.C. psychiatrist who finds those around her are transformed into emotionless creatures, soon after a major accident of the spacecraft.
The development of the film began in 2004. Warner Bros hired David Kajganich to write what was intended to be a remake of the 1956 film Invasion of the body Snatchers, but Kajganich crafted a different story as an original concept and reflect the present. Principal photography began in September 2005. The film was released on August 17, 2007, and gathered 40.2 million dollars against a budget of $ 65-80 million.
The invasion is the fourth adaptation of the novel of 1955 body Snatchers Jack Finney, following don Siegels 1956 the film, Philip Kourmanov a remake of the 1978 and the Abel Ferraras 1993 body Snatchers.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
After the space Shuttle Patriot crashes on Earth, a fungus-like alien life form is discovered on the remaining parts scattered across the United States. When people come in contact with the body, they are controlled when they are in REM sleep. One of the first people infected is Tucker Kaufman, a CDC Director investigating the crash.
Tuckers ex-wife, psychiatrist Carol they starts to feel something is amiss when people seem to have "changed". Her patient, Wendy Lenk plays Veronica Cartwright, who appeared in the film version of 1978 Nancy Bellicec, describes how her husband "is not her husband", and one of the sons of carols friends acting indifferently and without emotion.
Next Halloween, carols son Oliver finds an unusual plot of "skin" at the party, which initially considered that the makeup costume. Carol said that the skin may be the body associated with reports of fast-spreading flu. Carol takes the organism to her friend Dr. Ben Driscoll to have it analyzed.
That night, Ben and Carol to attend a social meeting, dinner with a Russian diplomat Joris and the Czech diplomat Belicec together with his wife Ursula. Carol and Joris debate the violent nature of man for caviar and champagne. Meanwhile, Tucker uses the CDC to spread the disease, disguising the spores as flu vaccine.
Ben and Dr. Stephen Galeano, a biologist, discover how the spore takes over the brain during sleep. During this investigation, Loves calling Ben, worried about the behavior Yorishs. Driscoll and Galeano also found that people who have had brain-affecting illnesses, such as encephalitis or ADEM, are immune to the spore because their previous diseases prevent the spores from "attachment" to the brain tissue. Carols son, Oliver, is immune to spore due to ADEM, hes like a little kid. Carol decides to take her son, who can show the way to recovery, back from Tucker. Before it leads to the house of the Tuckers, she joins the team of Bens called for the house Belicecs, the Czech Ambassador and his wife, in case of an emergency. There they witness the transformation of Joris the Russian Ambassador and friend Belicecs.
When Carol arrives at the home of the Tuckers, he and several of his colleagues close to her. He explains that people have changed, devoid of irrational emotions, we offer you the best the world, and asks her to join them. When Carol resists, he holds her to the ground and infects her let the saliva on it. She escapes and returns to Bens house Belicecs. They flee when Belicec returns with more transformirovalsya people seeking to infect anyone in the house.
Galaneo and one of his aides supervisor at Fort Detrick, near Baltimore, where they and other scientists are trying to find a cure for the virus. Carol and Ben separate to find Oliver, who texts his location, the apartment of Tuckers mother, Carol. Carol goes over and manages to spirit Oliver away, but again pursues Tucker, whom she must kill to stop.
Carol arranges to meet Ben, but it will take some time for him to show, and Carol almost falls asleep, but Oliver saves her. Ben arrives, but Carol discovers that he, too, was converted. He tries to seduce her to give in to a new society that has no crime, war or violence, but openly declares that there is no place for people like Oliver who are immune. Carol shoots Ben in the leg and escapes with Oliver. They pursued, but finally she and Oliver were picked up by helicopter and flown to the medical center. Created vaccine vaccinations done all over the world, and during the year, an alien virus is eliminated. Carol and Ben are back together, and society reverts to its normal emotional and violent ways.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Jackson bond as Oliver.
- Celia Weston as Ludmilla Belicec.
- Eric Benjamin as Gene.
- Josef Sommer as Dr. Henryk Belicec.
- Jeffrey Wright as Dr. Stephen Galeano.
- Jeremy Northam as Tucker Kaufman.
- Nicole Kidman as Dr. Carol they.
- Jeff Wincott as transit COP.
- Adam Lefevre as Richard Lenk.
- Malin Åkerman as autumn uncredited.
- Roger Rees as Yorish Kagonavich.
- Joanna Merlin as Joan Kaufman.
- Stephanie berry as Carly.
- Daniel Craig as Dr. Ben Driscoll.
- Susan Floyd as pam.
- Alexis Raben as Jill.
- Veronica Cartwright as Wendy Lenk.
3.1. Production. The concept. (Концепция)
In March 2004, Warner Bros. hired screenwriter David Kajganich to write a script that will serve as a remake of the 1956 science fiction film Invasion of the body Snatchers. In July 2005, Director Oliver Hirschbiegel was attached to helm the project, production will start in Edgemere, Maryland. In the following August, Nicole Kidman was cast for the lead role in the film titled After the invasion, receiving a salary of about $ 17 million. The invasion was based on the script by Kajganich, originally intended as a remake of "Invasion of the body Snatchers", but Kajganich has built quite a different story the Studio to see the project as an original conception. Kajganich described the story to reflect modern times, saying, "you just have to look around our world today to see that power inspires nothing more than a desire to preserve it and to eliminate anything that threatens it". Screenwriter said that the story was set in Washington, D.C. to reflect the theme. In August, Daniel Craig was cast opposite Kidman in the lead role. The film, whose original title "Invasion of the body Snatchers" was shortened to invasion due to Kajganichs different concept, was changed once more to visit, so it will not be confused with the ABC Invasion series.
3.2. Production. Shooting. (Съемки)
The shooting of the film commenced on 26 September 2005 in Baltimore and lasted 45 days. Filming also took place in Washington, D.C., including outside the Foggy bottom metro station and DuPont circle. The film had minimal visual effects without having a green screen. Instead, the Director shot from odd camera angles and claustrophobic spaces to increase tension in the film. In October 2006, the visiting changed to the title of the invasion, due to the cancellation of the series ABC. The Studio, however, was dissatisfied with the results Hirschbiegels and hired the wachowskis to rewrite the film and organize an additional survey. The Studio later hired Director James McTeigue to perform re-shoots that would cost $ 10 million and for which McTeigue will not be credited. After 13 months of inactivity, re-shoots took place in January 2007 to enlarge the scene and add an unexpected twist. Re-shoot for 17 days in Los Angeles. During the re-shooting, Kidman was involved in an accident while in the car, was towing a stunt driver and was taken to the hospital for a while. Kidman broke several ribs, but she was able to return to work soon after admission.
3.3. Production. Music. (Музыка)
In may 2007, composer John Ottmann recorded the soundtrack for the invasion, using heavy synthesizers combined with 77-orchestra intended to create "otherworldly foreboding and tension". The music was also designed to have an avant-garde postmodern style, with atmospheric and thrilling action elements.
4. Release. (Релиз)
The invasion was originally intended to be released in June 2006, but was postponed until 2007. The film was released on 17 August 2007 in USA and Canada 2.776 theaters. The film grossed $5.951.409 for the first weekend. The invasion raised $15.074.191 in the United States and Canada and $24.727.542 in other territories worldwide gross of $40.170.558 as of 9 March 2008.
The music in the trailer is called "untitled 8 and.to.and. "Popplagid" on Sigur ROS.
5. Critical response. (Критическая реакция)
On the review aggregator rotten tomatoes, the invasion of the popularity rating is 19% based on 163 reviews, with an average rating of 4.36 / 10. The critical consensus reads: "Invasion smoothly made but it lacks psychological insight and thrills". On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the invasion received an average score of 45 out of 100.
Roger Ebert of the "Chicago sun times" called it "the fourth and least of the films from Jack Finneys classic science fiction novel." Owen Gleiberman of entertainment weekly wrote that it was "a soulless rehash.The film is not scary, its just cheap and corny." Joanne Kaufman of the wall Street Journal added: "with all the shootings, screams, chases, collisions and fireballs, there isnt much time for storytelling".
Manola Dargis of the new York times criticized the film, writing: "in the latest and lamest version of invasion of the body Snatchers could be accidental camp classic if its politics werent so abhorrent and the movie is not trying to hide its failure behind a veil of pomposity." Paul Arendt bi-Bi-si wrote: "the setting is effectively creepy mood in the first half, the film eventually degenerates into a muddled mess, with Nicole and Daniel Craig dodging zombies while popping amphetamines in a desperate attempt not to fall asleep. We know how they feel". Maitland McDonagh of TV guide called the film "a Crazy mess, which opens from the place tore off a third of the films act which smacks of having been raised to calm the audience, too restless for the gradual formation".
- aircraft Invasion 1966 film a 1966 British film Invasion 2012 film a 2012 German - Austrian film Invasion 2014 film a 2014 Panamanian film Invasion 2017
- Invasion Spanish: Invasion is a 2014 Panamanian documentary film written and directed by Abner Benaim about the 1989 US invasion It was selected as
- Invasion U.S.A. sometime stylized Invasion USA is a 1952 American drama film based on a story by Robert Smith and Franz Spencer and directed by Alfred
- Invasion is a 1966 low - budget British science fiction film directed by Alan Bridges for producer Jack Greenwood of Merton Park Studios. The film was
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1956 American science fiction horror film produced by Walter Wanger, directed by Don Siegel, that stars Kevin McCarthy
- Patrick Troughton Invasion the first episode of the Doctor Who serial Invasion of the Dinosaurs The Invasion film a 2007 film starring Nicole Kidman
- Home Invasion is a 2016 American thriller film directed by David Tennant. It stars Jason Patric, Scott Adkins, Natasha Henstridge, William Dickinson
- Home invasion films are commonly thrillers and horror films The home invasion subgenre goes as far back as D. W. Griffith s 1909 film The Lonely Villa
- Invasion also known as Attraction 2 Russian: Вторжение, romanized: Vtorzhenie is a 2020 Russian science fiction film directed and produced by Fyodor
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1978 American science fiction horror film directed by Philip Kaufman and starring Donald Sutherland, Brooke Adams
- Alien Invasion also known as Earth: A Crap Sandwich, is a 2004 short film that was produced as an advertisement for environmentalist causes. The film was
- Invasion U.S.A. is a 1985 American action film made by Cannon Films starring Chuck Norris. It was directed by Joseph Zito. It involves the star fighting
- Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. is a 1966 British science fiction film directed by Gordon Flemyng and written by Milton Subotsky, and the second of two
- Invasion of the Saucer Men a.k.a. Invasion of the Hell Creatures, with the working title Spacemen Saturday Night is a 1957 black - and - white comic science
- The alien invasion or space invasion is a common feature in science fiction stories and film in which extraterrestrials invade the Earth either to exterminate
- Invasion of the Dinosaurs, simply titled Invasion in Part One, is the second serial of the 11th season of the British science fiction television series
- Dark Invasion 1915: Germany s secret war and the hunt for the first terrorist cell in America is a non - fiction book written by the American author, Howard
- Invasion is a 1997 miniseries based on the novel of the same name by Robin Cook. It starred Luke Perry, Kim Cattrall and Rebecca Gayheart. Small rocks
- The British Invasion was a cultural phenomenon of the mid - 1960s, when rock and pop music acts from the United Kingdom and other aspects of British culture
- The term Invasion of England may refer to the following planned or actual invasions of what is now modern England, successful or otherwise. The 55 and
- led to the strategy of invasion With invasion came cultural exchanges in government, religion, philosophy, and technology that shaped the development
- is the colloquial term for a species of plantlike aliens featured in the 1955 novel The Body Snatchers by Jack Finney, the 1956 film Invasion of the Body
- Invasion of Astro - Monster 怪獣大戦争, Kaijū Daisensō, lit. The Giant Monster War is a 1965 kaiju film directed by Ishirō Honda, with special effects by Eiji
- The Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia, officially known as Operation Danube, was a joint invasion of Czechoslovakia by five Warsaw Pact countries
- Invasion literature also the invasion novel is a literary genre that was popular in the period between 1871 and the First World War 1914 1918 The
- The Dalek Invasion of Earth is the second serial of the second season in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who, which originally aired
- Italian - French animated film directed by Lorenzo Mattotti. It is based on the Italian children s book The Bears Famous Invasion of Sicily by Dino Buzzati
- Invasion is the third annual Arrowverse crossover event, with episodes of the television series The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow on The CW
- The Incredible Invasion also known as Alien Terror is a 1971 Mexican horror film directed by Juan Ibañez. It stars Boris Karloff and Enrique Guzman.
- Invasion Persian: Hojoom is a 2017 Iranian crime film directed by Shahram Mokri. It was screened in the Panorama section at the 68th Berlin International