★ Because of Winn-Dixie (film)
Because of winn-Dixie, a 2005 American family Comedy-drama Film based on the book Kate DiCamillos 2000 with the same name, with the script written by Joan singleton, produced by Trevor albert and directed by Wayne Wang. It was produced by Walden media and released by 20th Century Fox. The role of winn-Dixie was played by two Picardy shepherds, a rare breed from France. It plays annasophia Robb, Jeff Daniels, Cicely Tyson, Luke Benward, Dave Matthews, Eva Marie Saint, Courtney Jines, BJ hopper, Nick Price, Elle fanning, Harland Williams and John McConnell. The film premiered at the film festival in the US on 26 January 2005, and has been theatrical released on February 18, 2005. It received mixed reviews from critics and earned.589.574 on a budget of millions. Because of winn-Dixie was released on DVD and VHS in August 9, 2005, 20th Century Fox home entertainment.
1. The plot. (Сюжет)
10-year-old India opal Bulloni just moved to the fictional small town of Naomi, Florida, with her father, the preacher.
While in the winn-Dixie supermarket, she encounters a scruffy Berger Picard that is wreaking havoc. Opal not wanting the store Manager to send the dog to the shelter claims that its her dog and calls it "winn-Dixie". Winn-Dixie becomes friends with everyone he meets, and so OPAL makes some new friends in the process. She also rekindles her relationship with her father, and learns ten things about her mother, who left them seven years ago. Opal describes the preacher as a turtle, always sticking his head into his turtle shell and never wanting to go out into the real world. This is likely because he is sad about his mother, whom he still loves.
One of the people opal meets Miss Franny block, a kind and somewhat eccentric elder librarian, who tells her many great stories, including one involving a bear. Opal also meets Gloria dump, a blind alcoholic with a tree in her yard that beer bottle is not enough. She calls this tree the error and bottles represent the ghosts of all the things that she did wrong. One day, fed up with winn-Dixie, owner Bulonis trailer Park, Mr. Alfred, orders the preacher to get rid of the dog. Preacher calls the animal pound to take winn-Dixie away, but opal begs her father to keep her dog. Not seeing his daughter this upset, the preacher tells the pound returned winn-Dixie, claiming that hes not a dog, he called.
Opal gets a job at Gertrudes Pets and befriends the employee, Otis, a shy ex-convict with a passion for music. She also meets a young girl named cutie Thomas, who wants to get a dog like winn-Dixie. Later, the rain comes and winn-Dixie, being pathologically afraid of storms, runs away. While opal looks for him, her father wants to give up and she blames him for the death of her mother and winn-Dixie runs away. But her father explains that he tried very hard to look for her mother. He then admits that he believes that she will never return. Later they returned to the party and Otis starts to sing a song on his guitar. Winn-Dixie heard outside howling along with the song. All while singing, lets him in and welcomes him.
2. Cast. (Литые)
- Eva Marie Saint as Miss Franny block.
- Nick price as Dunlap BlackBerry.
- Dave Matthews as Otis.
- Mark price, as Mrs. "BlackBerry moms boys".
- Courtney Jines as Amanda Wilkinson.
- Lara Grice as opals mom, Mrs. Bulloni.
- BJ Hopper as Mr. Alfred.
- Jeff Daniels as preacher, opals father, Mr. Bulloni.
- Luke Benward as Steven "Stevie" BlackBerry.
- Annasophia Robb as India opal Bulloni.
- Elle fanning as sweetie pie Thomas.
- Cicely Tyson as Gloria dump.
Minor Characters. (Второстепенные Персонажи)
- Guy G. Gauthreaux as churchgoer #5.
- Enid Trotiner as parishioner #2.
- Harland Williams as policeman.
- Julia Lashae as TSN officer #1.
- John McConnell as the "store Manager" Boyd Lee.
- Ross Rouillier as shopper.
- Matthew D. Asbell as a member of the Church.
- Clarice H. Gauthreaux as churchgoer #4.
- Jared day as Mike.
- Darrell Jupiter as TSN officer #2.
- Charles A. Daigle as churchgoer #3.
- William Arthur Pitts as churchgoer #1.
- Lenore banks as Mrs. Detweller.
3. Production. (Производство)
The film based on the book was released in 2005. It was shot by Director Wayne Wang, produced by Trevor albert, Walden medias, and Joanne singleton, distributed by 20th Century Fox, music by Rachel Portman. It plays annasophia Robb as India opal Bulloni, Jeff Daniels as preacher, opals father, Mr. Bulloni, Cicely Tyson as Gloria dump, Luke Benward, Steven "Stevie" BlackBerry, Dave Matthews as Otis, Eva Marie Saint as Miss Franny block, Courtney Jines as Amanda Wilkinson, BJ Hopper as Mr. Alfred, Nick Price as Dunlap BlackBerry, Elle fanning as sweetie pie Thomas, Harland Williams as policeman, John McConnell as store Manager, Becca lish as Gertrude the parrot and two dogs, laiko and Scott winn-Dixie.
The film was shot on location in Napoleonville, Louisiana, with shooting in Gibson, Louisiana, USA. To make sure that both dogs get along with annasophia Robb, who plays opal, she was brought in early to meet the dogs and give them treats. By the time shooting started, they considered it "safe" zone. Winn-Dixie has played some Picardy shepherds, a rare breed from France. The DVD extra "diamond in the Ruff" shows the two principal dogs, Scott and Lyco, but producer Trevor albert mentions at 18:00 and 40:26 in the DVD commentary that, in all, four dogs were used. At 00:36 in Annasofia review Robbs "meet winn-Dixie" she mentions that the trick dog Tasha jumped on the flour. Films for the mouse played a rat. The choice was made carefully, because the mouse would be preferable, rats are much easier to train.
Director Wayne Wang wanted to use the Picardy shepherds, because he thought that they looked similar to the picture of the winn-Dixie on the cover of the book and seems to be familiar to readers. Dogs were brought from France, when no one was available in the US 08:55 the DVD commentary. The film, like the book, is set in Naomi, Florida, even though it was filmed in Louisiana. Consequently, a police car and uniform emblems depict the state of Florida and not in Louisiana. Bunny, Otis the hands of opal about 56 minutes is a Netherlands dwarf. They only get between 6 and 8 inches in length. The name Opal and her dad, Buloni is mentioned in the dialogue 49:50 in the lunch meat joke shown on the sign to the left of the trailer door at 22:37, and other objects. In the scene from 10:45 to 11:03 where winn-Dixie first arrives in the trailer, only the bottom edge of the sign is displayed in full-frame version in 10:53 when I saw it on a computer without Overscan trim when in the big screen version, the edges are cropped from view.
It was Jeff Daniels and Harland Williams second film together, both have previously appeared in Dumb and dumber 1994. The rats used for the beginning of the Church scene is male, it then switches to being a female rat, and again between shots. During the scene where the animals get loose, the same event twice. When opal picks up a black and white rabbit in place of his pen, shows you how to close it. In the scene where opal brings winn-Dixie into the Church when she gets up from her seat to get winn-Dixie has a Bible and purse on a chair next to her. After she returns from getting winn-Dixie, theres someone sitting in the chair next to her holding a Bible and a purse lies on the floor between the two chairs. Opals length of hair varies throughout the movie, with a short blunt cut, but more and uneven cut, and then back to short. When it starts raining, at the beginning of the garden party, all the lights strung around began to flicker and die out. Except when you see that all are in the house, the light on the right, you notice another. Opals hair changes from straight and flat to styled and dried during a baseball game and party scene. "Mouse" winn Dixie catches during a Church service-its a rat.
4. Soundtrack. (Саундтрек)
- "Glory glory" – Patrinell Wright and Gloria Smith.
- Butterfly – Dave Matthews.
- "Sunrise" – Norah Jones.
- Sunflower – Alice Peacock.
- "Do Not Give The Brothers Finn.
- "Glory glory" – annasophia Robb, Jeff Daniels, Cicely Tyson, Dave Matthews, Eva Marie Saint, Courtney Jines, Nick Price, Luke Benward, Elle fanning and J. B. Hopper.
- "One Day, Somehow He, The BEU Sisters.
- "Splish splash" – Adam Schlesinger and James IHA.
- String Quartet No. 17 "Hunt".
- "Opals Blues" – Be Good Tan.
- "Fly" – Shawn Colvin.
- Cabaret – Emmylou Harris.
- "Clapping Song" – Shirley Ellis.
- "Amazing Grace" – Rachel Portman.
5. Release. (Релиз)
The film was released in cinemas in the US on 26 January 2005, and was released on DVD and VHS in August 9, 2005, 20th Century Fox home entertainment.
The film received mixed reviews from critics. Rotten tomatoes gives the film a score of 55% based on 121 reviews with an average rating of 5.8 / 10. The sites consensus was: "old-fashioned, if bland, adaptation of Kate DiCamillos novel." On the website Metacritic, the film received a score of 54% based on 27 reviews, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- Because of Winn - Dixie is a children s novel written by Kate DiCamillo, which was published in 2000, and was the winner of a Newbery Honor distinction
- Winn - Dixie Stores, Inc., is an American supermarket chain headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. Winn - Dixie has ranked 24 in the 2010 Top 75 North American
- Series race Because of Winn - Dixie a 2000 children s novel by Kate DiCamillo Because of Winn - Dixie a 2005 film adaptation of the novel Wynn disambiguation
- Award for Because of Winn - Dixie and the 2006 Boston Globe Horn Book Award in the children s fiction category for The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
- Holiday 2004 She made her feature film debut in Because of Winn - Dixie 2005 followed by the supporting role of Violet Beauregarde in Tim Burton s Charlie
- album. Won t Give In was featured on the soundtrack to the film Because of Winn - Dixie All tracks are written by Neil and Tim Finn, except where noted
- C. in July 2018. She wrote the book and lyrics for the musical Because of Winn Dixie which is based on the novel by Kate DiCamillo. The music is composed
- 2010 The Curious Case of Benjamin Button 2008 It Might Get Loud 2008 Zodiac 2007 In an Instant 2005 Because of Winn - Dixie 2005 White Oleander
- roles as Demetra in Spy Kids 3 - D: Game Over and Amanda Wilkinson in Because of Winn - Dixie In 2012 Courtney founded her own production company called Moonflower
- music for the musical adaptation of the novel Because of Winn - Dixie which opened at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre. Dixie was a collaboration with then - director
- version of Sunday in the Park with George at New York City Center. From January 2017, she played Opal in the new musical Because of Winn Dixie at the Alabama
- Helper. He also played the role of Nicky in Mostly Ghostly and played Stevie Dewberry in the film Because of Winn - Dixie He also played in the Disney
- with Tad Hamilton Her song Sunflower was featured in the film Because of Winn - Dixie and was released on her album Who I Am. Bliss was featured in
- Q Orianka Kilcher - The New World - New Line Cinema AnnaSophia Robb - Because of Winn - Dixie - 20th Century Fox Ridge Canipe - Walk the Line - Universal Pictures
- Years of Good Prayers 2007 Other films include the Harvey Keitel and William Hurt - starring comedy Smoke 1995 the family film Because of Winn - Dixie 2005
- McGuire movie soundtrack and DisneyMania 2. They appeared on the Because of Winn - Dixie movie soundtrack and also contributed to the movie How to Lose a
- Statistical Area. The village is best known as the location where the film Because of Winn - Dixie based on Kate DiCamillo s Newbery Prize - winning novel, was shot
- Are Coming 1965 Grand Prix 1966 Nothing in Common 1986 Because of Winn - Dixie 2005 Superman Returns 2006 and Winter s Tale 2014 Saint
- easily the least of the unpretentious children s book adaptations produced by family - oriented Walden Media Because of Winn - Dixie Hoot, Holes How
- Edwards, an African American, who had recently been hired as a driver for Winn - Dixie They thought that he was sleeping with a white woman. Willie had come
- elephants. The song can also be heard in the films Because of Winn - Dixie and Air Bud. It was partially sung in 2012 film The Dictator, when the main character
- version of her sister s character in the drama film I Am Sam 2001 As a child actress, she appeared in a string of films including Because of Winn - Dixie 2005
- The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement 2004 Shark Tale 2004 Because of Winn - Dixie 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 2005 Curious George 2006
- 1999 Later in her career, Fletcher returned to television, appearing as Winn Adami in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 1993 1999 as well as receiving Primetime
- Holes in 2003, Because of Winn - Dixie in 2005, Charlotte s Web in 2006, Bridge to Terabithia, in 2007, three adaptations of The Chronicles of Narnia in 2005
- the soundtrack to the Wayne Wang film Because of Winn - Dixie The same year Iha contributed guitar to some tracks of Chino Moreno s band Team Sleep second
- Walden Crusader films like Holes, Because of Winn Dixie I Am David, Joshua, Children on Their Birthdays and others. In 2001, Joseph co - founded the Damah Film Festival
- father s footsteps, starring in various films including We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson, Because of Winn - Dixie How to Eat Fried Worms, and Dear John
- 1918 Bears and Man 1978 The Beasts Are on the Streets 1978 Because of Winn - Dixie 2005 Bedtime for Bonzo 1951 Bee Movie 2007 The Bees 1978
- and in the feature film Because of Winn - Dixie Their cover of Townes Van Zandt s Waiting Around to Die was also used in an episode of AMC s Breaking Bad