Asansol is a city in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is the second largest and most populous city in the state of West Bengal and the 39th largest urban agglomeration in India. Asansol district headquarters Pashim Burdwan district. According to a 2010 report released by the international Institute for environment and development in the UK policy research non-governmental body, Asansol took the 11th place among Indian cities and 42nd in the world in its list of 100 fastest growing cities. Asansol is classified as a g-category city for calculation of HRA for civil servants, making it a stage-the second city.
1. Etymology. (Этимология)
"Asanas", the kind of trees which usually grow thirty feet, located on the banks of the river Damodar, "salt" refers to Earth. The name "Asansol" is the combination of these two words. Asansol is a city on the banks of the Damodar and its soil is rich in minerals.
Historically, the city was anglicized as Assensole during the British era, but the title was abolished after independence.
2. History. (История)
In the region, believed to have been part of the Vishnupur Kingdom, where the Malla dynasty ruled for around a thousand years before the advent of the British. This theory is supported by the presence of the Vishnupur temple style present in Chhotodighari village and the village Domohani to Asansol.
3. Geography. (География)
Asansol is a cosmopolitan city located on the lower Chota Nagpur plateau, which occupies most of Jharkhand, between the Damodar, the Ajay rivers. The other river, Barakar, joins the Damodar near Dishergarh. Two small rivulet, nunia hotel and Garui flows past Asansol.
While Dhanbad district in Jharkhand is on the West side, unit of Durgapur lies on the Eastern side. To the South, across the Damodar river are the Purulia and Bankura districts. In the North, Dumka and Birbhum districts. Dhanbad district is a large coal mining area and has close links with Asansol both lie in the Damodar valley.
The city is connected by the Grand trunk road and by rail with Howrah, Burdwan, and Kolkata. It is an important coal-trading and railway centre, with large railway workshops and a railway colony.
3.1. Geography. Police stations. (Полицейские участки)
Station North police Asansol has jurisdiction over Raniganj CD block and parts of the Asansol municipal Corporation. Cover an area of 49 km 2 and the population covered 410.000 2001.
Police station Asansol South has jurisdiction over parts of the Asansol municipal Corporation. Cover an area of 69 km 2 and the population covered 475.439 2001.
Asansol women PS covers both Asansol and Durgapur subdivisions.
Raniganj, Jamuria, Hirapur and Kulti police stations also serve parts of the Asansol municipal Corporation area.
According to the notification Kolkata Gazette 3 Jun 2015 municipalities of Kulti, Raniganj and Jamuria have been included in the jurisdiction of the Asansol municipal Corporation.
4. Administration. (Администрация)
Asansol is Asansol municipal Corporation. In 1850 the trade Union Committee was formed to take care of civilian needs Asansol. Now Assensole Asansol municipal education was approved in 1885, but started to function effectively in 1896. He was elevated to the status of the Corporation in 1994. Since 2011 it has its own police Commissionerate. In 2015, Kulti, Jamuria and Raniganj municipalities were disbanded and now these areas are administered by the Asansol municipal Corporation. Therefore, the correct limits of Asansol city includes the old district of Asansol, including Burnpur, as well as other famous places like Raniganj, Chinakuri, Mithani, Barakar, Kulti, Dishergarh, Neamatpur, Sitarampur and Jamuria. Asansol Municipal Corporation has 106 students.
Asansol-Durgapur development Adda was established in April 1980 with the merger of Asansol organization, planning and management of the development of Durgapur. Jurisdiction Adda covers the areas administered by the Asansol municipal Corporation, Jamuria Panchayet Samiti, the community development blocks of Andal and Pandabeswar Durgapur-Faridpur, Durgapur municipal Corporation and a small part of Kanksa block of social development.
5. Climate. (Климат)
Asansol was hot and dry summers and cold chilly winters. In summer the temperature rises above 40°C with dry hot air blowing known as the toilet, when in winter the temperature drops below 10°C. the rainy season from June to September. On the subtype Koppen climate classification the climate is "aw" tropical Savanna climate.
6. Demographics. (Демография)
According to the 2011 census, the total population of Asansol is 1.243.414 of which 646.052 597.362 men and women. The city has a literacy rate 83.30%.
7.1. Transport. Road. (Дорога)
On the great path HX 19 - according to the old numbering of the NH 2 runs in the division, and NH 14 old numbering new Hampshire 60 connects Asansol with odisha. NH 19 was extended in the framework of the project "Golden quadrilateral" and now allows the tri-band movement in both directions. Highway bypass avoids areas Ushagram, Murgasol, Asansol Bazar, Chelidanga, BNR, Gopalpur, Neamatpur, Kulti and Barakar. Some of the other important roads of the town, in particular Avenue Vivekananda, Burnpur road, and S. B Gorai road.
In South Bengal State transport Corporation operates daily bus services to Kolkata and many other destinations such as Malda, Siliguri, Midnapur, Bankura, Siuri, Purulia, Burdwan, Kalna, Howrah, Barackpore, Digha, Bolpur, Kirnahar and Berhampore. In North Bengal State transport Corporation also operates services To and from cities and towns in North Bengal, Malda, Raiganj and Balurghat. There are also many private buses, taxis and radio taxis plying local and inter-city and inter-state routes.
7.2. Transport. Train. (Поезд)
The railway station is Asansol junction-a division of Eastern railway zone is one of the oldest divisions on the Indian Railways and has always been at the forefront of operations, both freight and passenger. As far as concerned Eastern railway, Asansol division is called the Heart of the operation, being at the crossroads of the Grand chord route via Gaya and the main line route via Patna. In total 629.38 route kilometers, the division has the unique distinction quadruple two lines and two lines down from Khana to Sitarampur.
The railway track from Kolkata to Delhi passes through the subdivision and bifurcates into the main line to the chord at Sitarampur railway junction, a little West of Asansol railway junction. Another railway one Asansol with ADRA and then to Jamshedpur via Purulia and Kharagpur via Bankura. A railway line connects with Andal Sainthia to Sahibganj loop.
Almost all of the trains linking Kolkata with North India connect with Asansol Sealdah, including North Goa, North Goa, Howrah Duronto, Sealdah Humsafar, Express Southeast Asia and Shalimar Duronto. As a result, Asansol is well connected with cities such as new Delhi, Jammu, Amritsar, Delhi, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow Jaipur, Kota, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Gwalior, Indore Patna, Ranchi and Dhanbad, on the one hand, and commands a fairly good traffic movement towards the Western cities such as Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Surat and southern cities like Bhubaneshwar, Vishakhapatnam, Vijaywada, Chennai, Bangalore and Trivandrum. It is also connected with Guwahati in the North-East region.
7.3. Transport. Air
Domestic airport that serves the city airport is Kazi Nazrul Islam. The airport is located in Andal. Its about 25 miles 16 km from Asansol city bus stop.
There is also a private airport located in the Burnpur riverside area. Currently this airport is operated by IISCO. Recently the airport authority of India has given the nod to launch commercial flights on six routes in West Bengal, Burnpur airport one of which hopes to receive its first commercial flight by the last quarter of 2019.
The nearest international airport is the international airport named after Netaji Subhas Chandra in Dum in Kolkata.
8.1. Economy. Steel. (Сталь)
Steel authority of India IISCO Indian metallurgical company Steel plant at Kulti was the first facility of its kind in India. He became known in the 1960s and 1970s, his companys shares are traded on the London stock exchange. However, ten years later, the company was unprofitable until it was revived in 2006, when it merged with the Steel authority of India. Modernization for iisco steel plant helped the city to grow very rapidly. The power plants will be increased from 0.4 million tonnes to 2.5 million tonnes of steel, using what will be the largest blast furnace in the country. As of 2015, the investments for modernization was the largest investment in West Bengal till now.
8.2. Economy. Coal. (Уголь)
Eastern coalfields which has its headquarters in Sanctoria near Dishergarh, has a significant presence in the region because of the huge deposits of high quality coal. However, most of the coalfields and surrounding residential colonies are located far from the main city. Nearby areas like Ranigunj, Chinakuri and Jamuria are of particular importance as the coal blocks. As of 2012, the total coal reserve in ECL command up to 600 meter depth was 49.17 billion tonnes.
8.3. Economy. Railroad. (Железная дорога)
The railroad also makes a great contribution to the economy of Asansol. Railways was the first employer in the city, and they are credited with the development of the city in the late 19th century. Asansol is one of the four divisions of the Eastern railway zone and among the main profitable divisions in Indian Railways. The worlds largest vertically integrated organization Chittaranjan locomotive works under Indian Railways are also located here. It is Indias first working locomotive and Asias largest manufacturer of locomotives.
8.4. Economy. Other commercial enterprises. (Других коммерческих предприятий)
Other industries include Dishergarh power supply, Damodar valley Corporation, burn standard co. which currently is a subsidiary of Eastern Railways, Hindustan cables companies and cement factories like Burnpur cement.
9. Education. (Образование)
Among the many educational institutions:
- Banwarilal Bhalotia College, Asansol.
- Kazi Nazrul Islam Mahavidyalaya.
- The Monastery Loreto. (Монастырь Лорето)
- Saint Vincent College. (Сент-Винсент Колледж)
- Assembly of God Church school.
- College Kulti. (Колледж Култи)
- Asansol Polytechnic. (Асансол Политехнический)
- Khandra College. (Khandra Колледж)
- St. Patricks High School.
- University Kazi Nazrul. (Университет Кази Назрула)
- College Asansol Girls. (Колледж Асансол Девочек)
- Asansol Engineering College. (Асансол Инженерное Училище)
- Bidhan Chandra College, Asansol.
- Raniganj Girls College. (Ранигандже Девочек Колледжа)
- Triveni Devi Bhalotia College.
- Mahavidyalaya Following. (Махавидьялая Следующие)
- Subhaspally Bidyaniketan.
- High School Domohani Kelejora.
- Kanyapur Polytechnic. (Kanyapur Политехнический)
- Asansol School, The Ramakrishna Mission.
- St. Xaviers College, Asansol.
There are several public libraries, including district libraries.
10. Media. (СМИ)
Prasar Barati has a high station transmitter power in Asansol, which broadcasts national Doordarshan / Bangla news channel Doordarshan. Transfer not only the city but also the neighboring places. In addition to the national channels, some local channels available through cable television networks such as vision 24, Drishti channel ATV and the ISP channel.
Asansol currently has four radio stations: All India Radio 100.3 FM, big 92.7 FM, red 93.5 FM and radio mirchi 95 FM.
11. Sports facilities. (Спортивные сооружения)
- Burnpur cricket club is a first-class level cricket stadium, located in Burnpur.
- Football stadium, Burnpur is the centre of extensive sporting activity. The players, dressed in the sail football Academy at Burnpur represented Sail in Kolkata IFA 1st division League matches.
- Stadium Eastern railway division, known as Loco land, houses several district and division level football and cricket tournaments.
- Kazi Nazrul Islam Krirangan is being developed as an international standard stadium on the former football field St Raleigh.
- The Polo Ground was a landmark in Asansol for a long time. The land got its name from the sport of Polo, which was played here during the British rule. Stadium Asansol in the room is on the same site and has a capacity of 500 spectators. The stadium, which is the largest shell concrete roof in the area, has two areas for playing badminton and volleyball are interchangeable. For this there is a stadium nearby Asansol, where both district and division of the football and cricket matches are played.
12. Famous people. (Известные люди)
- S. S. Ahluwalia, Minister of state, Ministry of electronics and information technology, government of India.
- Its Arjun Atwal. (Его Арджун Atwal)
- Kazi Nazrul Islam. (Кази Назрул Ислам)
- Chef Vivek Singh. (Шеф-Повар Вивек Сингх)
- Agnimitra Paul. (Agnimitra Павел)
- Sharmila Tagore. (Шармила Тагор)
- Asansol Junction railway station is a Division of Eastern Railway Zone in Asansol Sadar subdivision of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state
- Asansol Uttar Vidhan Sabha constituency is an assembly constituency in Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It covers most
- Asansol Dakshin Vidhan Sabha constituency is an assembly constituency in Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It covers most
- Asansol Municipal Corporation AMC is the civic body that governs Asansol in Asansol Sadar subdivision of Paschim Bardhaman district, West Bengal, India
- Asansol Girl s College is a women s college in Asansol Paschim Bardhaman district, West Bengal, India. It offers undergraduate courses in arts and sciences
- Asansol Durgapur Police Commissionerate, established in 2011, is a city police force with primary responsibilities in law enforcement and investigation
- The Bardhaman Asansol section is a railway line connecting Bardhaman and Asansol This 106 kilometres 66 mi track is part of the Howrah Delhi main line
- The Haldia - Asansol Express is an express train belonging to Eastern Railway zone that runs between Haldia and Asansol Junction in India. It is currently
- Asansol Junction - Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Superfast Express is a superfast train of the Indian Railways connecting Asansol Junction
- The Asansol - Gonda Express is an express train belonging to Eastern Railway zone that runs between Asansol Junction and Gonda Junction in India. It is
- The Tatanagar - Asansol Express is an express train belonging to Eastern Railway zone that runs between Asansol Junction and Tatanagar Junction in India
- The Asansol Patna section is a railway line connecting Asansol in the Indian state of West Bengal and Patna in Bihar. The 331 km 206 mi line passes through
- The Asansol Adra - Tatanagar Kharagpur line is part of Howrah and eastern India s links with Mumbai and Chennai. It is also a major freight line for transporting
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Asansol Latin: Asansolen sis is a diocese located in the city of Asansol in the Ecclesiastical province of Calcutta in
- The Digha - Asansol Express is an express train belonging to Eastern Railway zone that runs between Digha and Asansol Junction in India. It is currently
- Asansol Arunoday High School is a co - educational school located in Domohani Railway Colony, near Purana station, Mistry Para, Asansol West Bengal, India
- The Asansol Gorakhpur Express is an express train belonging to Eastern Railway zone that runs between Asansol Junction and Gorakhpur Junction in India
- Asansol Sadar subdivision is an administrative subdivision of the Paschim Bardhaman district in the state of West Bengal, India. Asansol Sadar subdivision
- The Asansol Gaya section is a railway line connecting Asansol and Gaya in India. This 267 - kilometre long 166 mi track is part of the Grand Chord, Howrah - Gaya - Delhi
- The 12383 84 Sealdah - Asansol Junction Intercity Express is a Superfast express train belonging to Indian Railways Eastern Railway zone that runs between
- Tambaram Jasidih Junction Ratna Weekly Express formerly Chennai Central Asansol Ratna Express is a superfast train of the Indian Railways connecting Tambaram
- by the abbreviation B. B. College, established in 1944, is a college in Asansol Paschim Bardhaman district, West Bengal, India. It offers undergraduate
- Railpar is a neighbourhood in Asansol of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is governed by Asansol Municipal Corporation It
- Asansol Lok Sabha constituency is one of the 543 parliamentary constituencies in India. The constituency centres on Asansol in West Bengal. All the
- Kalla is a neighbourhood in Asansol of Paschim Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is governed by Asansol Municipal Corporation Kalla
- Asansol Airfield is a former wartime Royal Air Force Station and later used by the United States Army Air Forces airfield in Asansol India used during
- Chandra College, also known as B.C.College, Asansol established in 1961, is the well known college in Asansol Paschim Bardhaman district. It offers undergraduate
- Asansol railway division is one of the four railway divisions under Eastern Railway zone of Indian Railways. This railway division was formed on 1925
- St. Xavier s College, Asansol is a general degree college in Asansol Paschim Bardhaman District, West Bengal, India. It is a minority Institution managed
- Loreto Convent is an all - girls convent school located in Asansol Paschim Bardhaman district, West Bengal, India. This school was founded in 1877 for
Users also searched: